Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Wonder where the "Kolb was only bad in Arizona because of the line" crowd is now. Personally I would have preferred Manuel to sit for at least a little, but that doesn't seem to be a viable option right now.

I was one of those guys, sort of.

I don't recall ever saying that he was ONLY bad because of his line, just that John Elway would have looked like Rob Johnson behind a line like that. And yet, still, Kolb started off 4-1 before having his ribs torn from his torso. I think most fans were simply saying, "hey, let's see what he can do with a line that doesn't fall down after the snap before proclaiming him a clipboard holder".

Again, though, I've been screaming EJ from the rooftops since before the draft.

I was one of those guys, sort of.

I don't recall ever saying that he was ONLY bad because of his line, just that John Elway would have looked like Rob Johnson behind a line like that. And yet, still, Kolb started off 4-1 before having his ribs torn from his torso. I think most fans were simply saying, "hey, let's see what he can do with a line that doesn't fall down after the snap before proclaiming him a clipboard holder".

Again, though, I've been screaming EJ from the rooftops since before the draft.

But the Bills don't have a good or even respectable line.

The Da' Rick hype train is full speed ahead to freak out city with stops at fanboi villa, overrated town and practice squad land.

It's crazy. Talk about dream world.

He's at the bottom of the depth chart and none of the fan boys have seen him do anything.

He's clearly behind SJ, TJ, Woods and Goodwin. Brad Smith is a versatile leader who can play special teams. Kaufman, Hogan and Easly have all played better receiver and better special teams. Hell, has he shown more than Sampson and Elliott?

I'd wouldnt be surprised if he's in the first round of cuts.

Edited by dudacek

Knee procedure? Ouch! He could be done for a lot longer than the pre-season. The regular season starts in about 3 weeks.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Buffalo, preeee-senting your Franchise QB. LOLOLOL!!!!!

You know, I watched that first pre-season Bills game - and I was very impressed with Manuel..... it seemed too good to be true for the Bills to have a REAL quarterback after 10 years of friggin' SCRUBS..... Rob Johnson, JP Loseman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Blitzpatrick..... and where are they now? LOLOL

At any rate - it seemed too good to be true -and it WAS too good to be true. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my best friends is a hardcore Bills fan - he was so happy after that first pre-season game- can't wait to rib him about Manuel. :)

Edited by Jsixspd

So all the Kolb haters are basing this off of one half? Hell, if that's the case then Tuel should be starting.

Knee procedure? Ouch! He could be done for a lot longer than the pre-season. The regular season starts in about 3 weeks.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Buffalo, preeee-senting your Franchise QB. LOLOLOL!!!!!

You know, I watched that first pre-season Bills game - and I was very impressed with Manuel..... it seemed too good to be true for the Bills to have a REAL quarterback after 10 years of friggin' SCRUBS..... Rob Johnson, JP Loseman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Blitzpatrick..... and where are they now? LOLOL

At any rate - it seemed too good to be true -and it WAS too good to be true. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my best friends is a hardcore Bills fan - he was so happy after that first pre-season game- can't wait to rib him about Manuel. :)

It was too good to be true? Seriously? Because of a minor knee procedure? Took advantage of Happy Hour didn't ya? smilie%2055.gif

Edited by JJFIVEOH

The problem with shutting EJ down for the preseason is that (a) it gives Kolb a chance to start and (b) probably is what they wanted at OBD all along. They now have their built-in excuse not to start the rookie and justify their decision for signing another QB with PTSD-like symptoms.

Yes, a half of football. And training camp. And his time in Arizona. He's looked equally bad in all situations.

Is this the same Kolb that played on an Eagles team that couldn't win until he started? Or is it the Kolb that played on an Arizona team that couldn't win until he started?

Is this the same Kolb that played on an Eagles team that couldn't win until he started? Or is it the Kolb that played on an Arizona team that couldn't win until he started?

Right place at the right time in Philly.

The problem with shutting EJ down for the preseason is that (a) it gives Kolb a chance to start and (b) probably is what they wanted at OBD all along. They now have their built-in excuse not to start the rookie and justify their decision for signing another QB with PTSD-like symptoms.

I don't think the Bills need an excuse to proceed with caution with EJ Manuel. The worst thing they could do is to rush this kid back from any procedure no matter how minor. He's only in the opening weeks of his career, sacrifice a few weeks in exchange for many hopefully healthy years.

Kolb is a journeyman, he knows it, the Bills know it and most fans know it. He's a veteran QB who knows any time he has as a starter is borrowed.

You have the wrong Kevin Kolb in both instances.

And Arizona? 4-1 with him as starter, 1-9 without.

How about 2011 in Arizona when he was 2-6 as a starter, and they were 6-2 without him starting (technically he started one of these games...but he completed 1 pass for 2 yards before getting hurt)?

Edited by TrueBluePhD

You have the wrong Kevin Kolb in both instances.

How about 2011 in Arizona when he was 2-6 as a starter, and they were 6-2 without him starting (technically he started one of these games...but he completed 1 pass for 2 yards before getting hurt)?

Wrong place at the wrong time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.