2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

I'm tired of looking at these mocks too, but whenever I do I just end up hating the Bruins and Pens more than normal. Thanks again for allowing a ###### Sabres team to rack up useless late season points at your expense leaving us on the outside looking in at the truly elite talent. :censored:

Each of their fans are at least as pissed off--they think they were one player or one goal away.

Oh. Wait. The Bruins' fans might not be sober enough for a while. So they'll be pissed tomorrow or Thursday.

Trade Miller to Philly for 11 + Couturier

8 - Lindholm

11 - Wennberg

16 - Erne

I don't hate the premise, I just don't know what miller's value is. Pending UFA coming off so so year, that's a heck of a price. Now if we have to throw is Pysyk or McNabb, I'm thinking were getting closer to a deal.

I don't hate the premise, I just don't know what miller's value is. Pending UFA coming off so so year, that's a heck of a price. Now if we have to throw is Pysyk or McNabb, I'm thinking were getting closer to a deal.

I think we'd have to add more as well. Maybe a second rounder and Foligno or Pysyk or something.

Here is the bottom line, I'm okay with trading draft picks/young players as long as we are getting an equal number of better/equal draft picks and young players in return. So I am fine with that trade as before the trade we have one young player in foligno, and after it we have a Couturier and the #11 pick.

That is also the same rule as to why I am against trading saying the #8 pick and a prospect to move up a few spots (exception top three pick). There is no way you give up a true prospect and the #8 draft pick to add something like the #5 pick. Because at the end of the day you have one less true prospect if that makes sense. At the end of this draft our already very solid prospect pool is going to be larger and have better pieces in it which is extremely exciting. Cannot wait

going to take another shot at this

Miller to calgary for #22 and #28 or

Miller+ our 2nd round picks to philadephia for mat read + #11 and retain 50% of millers contract.

Vanek to dallas for #10

You'd get far more with Vanek if you convinced him to sign a 4 year contract extension at 7.1 mil per as opposed to 1 year contract then UFA. If Darcy and Van can work out an arrangement, the return is 1 thru 4 pick IMO.

You'd get far more with Vanek if you convinced him to sign a 4 year contract extension at 7.1 mil per as opposed to 1 year contract then UFA. If Darcy and Van can work out an arrangement, the return is 1 thru 4 pick IMO.

No way you get an extention with Vanek without a No Movement Clause. This scenario is ludicrous.

No way you get an extention with Vanek without a No Movement Clause. This scenario is ludicrous.

There's nothing in that post that says he wouldn't get it. When you sign a new deal, it's an extension and doesn't change the terms of the current year. So his NMC wouldn't kick in until next offseason until stipulated otherwise.

There's nothing in that post that says he wouldn't get it. When you sign a new deal, it's an extension and doesn't change the terms of the current year. So his NMC wouldn't kick in until next offseason until stipulated otherwise.

Pretty sure TVs agent isn't that stupid.

So we give Vaek a contract extention but before that goes into effect, we say "nice knowing you sucker". That will create a lot of good will in the locker room.

going to take another shot at this

Miller to calgary for #22 and #28 or

Miller+ our 2nd round picks to philadephia for mat read + #11 and retain 50% of millers contract.

Vanek to dallas for #10

I see no scenario in which Calgary isn't on Miller's no trade list. The second I see as a plausible scenario. I'd also want more for Vanek than just #10.

I see no scenario in which Calgary isn't on Miller's no trade list. The second I see as a plausible scenario. I'd also want more for Vanek than just #10.

If Calgary is the only/best trade option for Buffalo, Miller won't get in the way. He also likely wouldn't sign an extension there.

So we give Vaek a contract extention but before that goes into effect, we say "nice knowing you sucker". That will create a lot of good will in the locker room.

He could sign the contract with the assumption that a trade is coming. Like a sign-and-trade... Things aren't so black and white.

If Calgary is the only/best trade option for Buffalo, Miller won't get in the way. He also likely wouldn't sign an extension there.

He could sign the contract with the assumption that a trade is coming. Like a sign-and-trade... Things aren't so black and white.

The assumption? You can't be serious.

(Video) Craig Button's Final Mock Draft: http://video.tsn.ca/...954249/clip/374

Okay, not much of a Canadian bias. Actually, it appears he don't have a clue what the Sabres are going to do and are just using potential fillers. In addition, theyhe has Ristolainen going 14th and Morin from Canada going to Philli. Also Mirco Mueller goin.g to Sabres at 16 but Zadorev going to Ottowa.... really.

They group is predicting a lot of trades in the first round. We will see? Also mentioned, Rick Dudley as GM was involved in making 3 out the last 4 of the trades of the first pick overall since not sure when... interesting.

The assumption? You can't be serious.

I'm trying to find the article, but somebody for NBC had an article discussing potential trade targets and in it, it said that Miller has indicated to the Sabres that he won't get in the way of any deal.

So yea, I am serious.

I'm trying to find the article, but somebody for NBC had an article discussing potential trade targets and in it, it said that Miller has indicated to the Sabres that he won't get in the way of any deal.

So yea, I am serious.

I believe you, but I don't necessarily believe the article. Then again, what does he care whether he's in purgatory here or in Alberta? It's still purgatory.

I believe you, but I don't necessarily believe the article. Then again, what does he care whether he's in purgatory here or in Alberta? It's still purgatory.

This is where I'm at. I just find it unlikely he's willing to go literally anywhere. Besides, I don't think Calgary has any interest...I think they've finally accepted they have to start over, and you don't add Miller with the intent of starting over.

Archived