2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

So I wanted to post my Final first 3rounds. This is it as far as my predictions go. It doesn't involve trades but if we just picked in our spots. I will also post 1 trade scenario that is possible and the picks for that.

Without trades:

#8: Elias Lindholm - Calgary takes Monahan and Edmonton Nurse

#16: Valentin Zykov

#38: Ian McCoshen

#52: Laurent Dauphin/Justin Bailey

#69: Taylor Cammarata/Zack Sanford

With trades: #8, #16, #38, #69 to Calgary for #6, #22, #28, #67

#6: Elias Lindholm

#22: Ryan Hartman

#28: Steven Santini

#52: Laurent Dauphin

#67: Taylor Cammarata/Zack Sanford

That would be a sweet haul.

Substitute Adam Erne for Hartman, trade Miller to Islanders for 15 and Dipietro, buyout Dipietro and pick Curtis Lazar with 15 and you get my perfect kinda-plausible-in-a-fantasy-way-even-if-we-all-know-goddamn-well-it-will never happen scenario.

That would be a foundation.

God, I need some real Sabre news.

I'd much rather have Hartman than Erne.

http://sabresoftomorrow.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/zach-fucale-prospect-profile/

There's my final prospect profile. This time on Zach Fucale. FUCALE I SAID!

I'd much rather have Hartman than Erne.

http://sabresoftomor...ospect-profile/

There's my final prospect profile. This time on Zach Fucale. FUCALE I SAID!

Aren't we really projecting 3-5 years down the road with educated guesses. Lots of room for further development with these prospects. They're pretty close so there's no right or wrong with either choice at this juncture.

Aren't we really projecting 3-5 years down the road with educated guesses. Lots of room for further development with these prospects. They're pretty close so there's no right or wrong with either choice at this juncture.

True, issue with Erne verus Hartman is Erne has higher potential (1st line) yes but also has a lower work ethic. Hartman will sacrifice life and limb for your team and still has 2nd line potential. Also i do not believe Erne is available at #22.

I didn't claim there was a right or wrong choice. He stated his opinion, I stated mine. Welcome to the internet.

Barkov is ours!

No chance. If we're trading Luke Adam, we're at least getting MacKinnon.

I didn't claim there was a right or wrong choice. He stated his opinion, I stated mine. Welcome to the internet.

No chance. If we're trading Luke Adam, we're at least getting MacKinnon.

Thanks for the welcome. Boy what a nice place to be. :rolleyes: Let me know when you get off the pacifier. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome. Boy what a nice place to be. :rolleyes: Let me know when you get off the pacifier. :lol:

My mom can't find my pacifier so instead I've just been sitting here crying loudly until I get a new one.

How bad would this place be if we went D/D at 8/16?

Unbearable. Although if going D/D involved passing on Lindolm at 8, I think it would be justified.

As for the mock itself, sure, it looks bad on paper...but there's usually at least one pick out of left field in the top 10 (Lindolm last year to the Ducks at 6, and to a lesser extent Pouliot to the Pens at 8, come to mind). And yes, this is me half-rationalizing a situation which would allow Lindolm to fall to 8 :lol:

I'm tired of looking at these mocks too, but whenever I do I just end up hating the Bruins and Pens more than normal. Thanks again for allowing a ###### Sabres team to rack up useless late season points at your expense leaving us on the outside looking in at the truly elite talent. :censored:

Archived