The other sports thread

Eleven

It's UFC International Fight Week, baby!

Awesome night so far!

Ruthless Robbie Lawler wins by KO inside 40 seconds in his farewell fight. 41 years young, and he KO's Niko Price (who has shoulders like a freakin cyborg, by the way.)

4 KO's so far on this card in the first minute of the fight. So awesome!

Alexander Volkanovski is the pound for pound best fighter in the world.

Jon Jones is the greatest fighter ever to live, but Volk is more active and he's wiped out his current division and his only UFC loss was a very debatable loss after moving up a weight class. 

Jones wiped out his division at 205, but he took 3 years off before moving up to heavyweight. He's still the best ever and I know this doesn't make much sense, but Volk is simply the best fighter now. He's a freaking monster. A 5'6" 145lb monster. 

Dam "The Hangman" Hooker broke his *****in arm tonight vs Jalen Turner and still won the fight! What a freakin warrior. 

Rogan asked him in the post fight interview if he broke it and he said "just a scratch."

That's so cool.

Edited by ubkev

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Our future lord and saviour Jessica Pegula is on to the Wimbledon quarters. The first time she’s advanced that far in that tournament.

She's not great on grass.  There are only about ten grass court women's tournaments, and most of them are below her level and in Europe.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Our future lord and saviour Jessica Pegula is on to the Wimbledon quarters. The first time she’s advanced that far in that tournament.

His oldest daughter Laura takes over when Terry passes. She's been attending all the owners meetings recently. 

9 hours ago, Night Train said:

His oldest daughter Laura takes over when Terry passes. She's been attending all the owners meetings recently. 

Only because Jessica’s otherwise engaged with a professional tennis career. She’s the Michael of that family. There’s a reason that her personal essay was how the family chose to disclose Kim’s condition.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Only because Jessica’s otherwise engaged with a professional tennis career. She’s the Michael of that family. There’s a reason that her personal essay was how the family chose to disclose Kim’s condition.

How many of their kids are designing stupid t-shirts and hats?  Can they share the Fredo role?

31 minutes ago, shrader said:

How many of their kids are designing stupid t-shirts and hats?  Can they share the Fredo role?

Yeah - I think Matt’s got the Fredo role sewn up. Hopefully he accepts it and doesn’t screw up like Fredo did. Maybe Kelly can be Connie? I see Laura as more Tom - she’s not Kim’s kid after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't decide whether Megan Rapinoe's current haircut more resembles Casey from Mr. Dressup or Corky St. Clair from Waiting for Guffman.  Either way, she needs to get a new stylist.

But kickass win tonight!

Edited by Eleven

15 hours ago, Night Train said:

Watching The Open over in England. 

Oh, to be a dentist in that country..

I've probably seen parts of about 30 years worth of Open Championships. 

....the sun has never been out. Not even one time. 

A great player. I'm not a huge NBA guy, but I do realize he is a great player, but I was always under the impression he was the 2nd best player on that team behind Tatum?

$61 Million dollars a year for who might be your 2nd best player?  Who is going into his 8th year in the league without a championship?  I mean he's great I guess, just the number kinda surprises me...especially when Lebron, Curry, Durant, Giannis...all are making salaries close to that $40m per year mark.

jb.JPG