The other sports thread

Eleven

That Cavs-Warriors game was something else what a game

A preview of the final?  Maybe.

The only team, at least for now, that looks like they have a chance against the Cavs in the East is the Raptors.  A repeat of the ECF of last year?  Maybe.  In a seven game series it's very hard to go against the Cavs, but Toronto is playing even better than they did last year.

Big test for the Raptors tonight at Oracle.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Ronda Rousey who ? 48 seconds ? WUT ?

she stopped a lot of shots with her face and it was over before it started. Methinks she should retire.

She took a straight right to the jaw about 2 seconds into the fight. Her knees stiffened up and she froze. Then it happened again about 5 seconds later. I felt bad for her. She beat herself after that first shot. She was so scared after that and Nunes saw it and absolutely smothered her with bombs.

Can someone explain to me why I had to go way out of my way to even find the National Championship Semifinal of College Football?

ESPN at 3:10 pm on New Years Eve?

Thankfully they are supposed to move them off NYE, starting in 2018.

Clemson destroyed THE Ohio state and that was awesome.... Maybe the game In Tampa will be worth watching... I like Bama, but I don't think they win this year, and I'm ok with it, because Clemson is pretty entertaining.

As a card-carrying member of the "love watching sad Urban get destroyed" club, I enjoyed the beating Clemson put on OSU (not to mention being stuck in Buckeye territory).

That being said, the two other "irrelevant" NY6 games - FSU-Michigan and USC-Penn State - were much better games and more entertaining than the CFB semifinals.

The trolling of the Chargers happening on twitter right now over the new logo is Epic.  The Lightning started it, since it is their logo and the Dodgers logo having a kid.  The Stars just sent out the Cowboys Star in Green and asked if it was cool.  I'm enjoying it greatly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Venus vs Serena, here we go!

And if one more person tells me that Venus is going to lay down for he sister to edge Steffi, I might lose my . Venus doesn't have an Australian Open title. You'd better believe she's not gonna tank it against her sister!

Let's go Venus!

I'm strongly considering buying new irons this year. I've got a feeling I'll be getting out of work and going golfing quite a bit this summer.

Don't you just love it when you've got money burning a hole in your pocket....smh