The other sports thread

Eleven

On 6/19/2021 at 6:13 AM, Curt said:

I certainly think that MLB can learn something from from this type of attitude.  Obviously they can’t actually do most of the same things, but it’s about being willing to experiment a little and embrace fun.

MLB shouldn't be gimmicky.

BTW I stumbled across this, this morning:  https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/13778435/uni-watch-friday-flashback-baseball-turns-ahead-clock-1999

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

MLB shouldn't be gimmicky.

BTW I stumbled across this, this morning:  https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/13778435/uni-watch-friday-flashback-baseball-turns-ahead-clock-1999

Lol at the person asking Steinbrenner "don't you want the fans to see what the Yankees will look like in 2021?" 

Lol, the Yankees uniforms haven't changed since the freakin 1930s. 

Of the 8 (Dodgers, Cubs, Reds, Yankees, Rangers, Astros, Blue Jays and Expos) teams that didn't participate in that stupid seasons uniforms, everyone except for the Astros has had good uniforms for their entire history.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

So MLB has been concerned about reducing game lengths for decades now, and now they want to stop play and check pitchers every inning?  This is NCAA-level stupidity.

Yep, the top leagues are their own worst enemies. 

55 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

So MLB has been concerned about reducing game lengths for decades now, and now they want to stop play and check pitchers every inning?  This is NCAA-level stupidity.

They are checking pitchers between innings. They stopped play to search Max because Girardi requested it. I believe the umpires did about 165 inspections yesterday. All but one was in-between innings.

2 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Sweet what type of kayak do you have?

This Spring I upgraded to a Nucanoe Pursuit.  Really enjoying this one.  I’ve been doing a fair amount of trolling with it.  Its sleek enough that paddling to maintain a 2mph pace for several hours is relatively effortless unless a good breeze kicks up.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

This Spring I upgraded to a Nucanoe Pursuit.  Really enjoying this one.  I’ve been doing a fair amount of trolling with it.  Its sleek enough that paddling to maintain a 2mph pace for several hours is relatively effortless unless a good breeze kicks up.

Nice the nucanoes look nice, probably could stand up in it. Very stable.

2 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I’m too chicken ***** to try.  Last weekend I had to crawl out onto the bow to remove a hook from my anchor trolley.  I did manage to keep everything topside dry so it is pretty stable.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, I-90 W said:

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I’m too chicken ***** to try.  Last weekend I had to crawl out onto the bow to remove a hook from my anchor trolley.  I did manage to keep everything topside dry so it is pretty stable.

Half a lifetime ago, I was supposed to go climbing and canoeing with a couple of guys from London.  I had a fever because I had gotten lost hiking the day before and the temperature dropped, so I told them that I would go climbing, but that I wasn't getting into the canoe.  They had never been in a canoe before and I KNEW they were going to capsize.  I also KNEW that they wouldn't listen to me when I told them never to stand in a canoe.

They made it back to the lodge, drenched in a 45 degree lake.

I stayed warm.

I know you're talking kayaks and not canoes, but still, no, don't stand!

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Is kayaking a sport?

Dude, there are people in this thread who think that auto racing is a sport.

Kayaking actually is, though.

• Haha (+1) 1