Kevin Porter signs with Sabres

Two or less

The parade of ho-hum continues

Scott..... Jetsam

Ott ........flotsam

Pardy .....flotsam

Porter..... lagan

Per Buf New today, Sabres are in secondary market.... Whatever that means...

Mueller and him came over from Phoenix to Colorado in the Wolski trade. They are great friends, Mueller showed so much promise, I wonder if the Sabres are looking at him as well. High risk, but high reward if Mueller can overcome the concussion problems.

This is what I'm waiting for. I have no illusions that we will get Ryan or Nash. But I really wish they'd take a flyer on Mueller. I think I've posted that about 5 times now. Maybe this signing will help?

Scott..... Jetsam

Ott ........flotsam

Pardy .....flotsam

Porter..... lagan

The names may not excite you, IMO,the change in direction for this team is really exciting. Hopefully Ryan, Doan or even a Nash make your list.

This is what I'm waiting for. I have no illusions that we will get Ryan or Nash. But I really wish they'd take a flyer on Mueller. I think I've posted that about 5 times now. Maybe this signing will help?

Mueller has played 37 games in three years and is the type of player the Sabres are trying to get away from. A player with size that doesn't use it.

Is it "we like our team" time yet?

See my post in the roster thread; absolutely not. Walter Matthau couldn't coach this bunch to a championship, even if Kelly Leak shows up.

This is an assortment of hockey players and not a team.

Dammit. I'm really mad. They could have done better.

See my post in the roster thread; absolutely not. Walter Matthau couldn't coach this bunch to a championship, even if Kelly Leak shows up.

Should I send you the instructions for the TSC secret handshake? :devil:

I just can't imagine that this is anything other than a Rochester signing. We have too many NHL forwards as it is. Why would we sign this guy as another one?

I'm still looking for the Sabres to make at least a couple more trades and to make a serious run at Doan if he hits the open market.

Should I send you the instructions for the TSC secret handshake? :devil:

Only when you're ready to admit that it's the guy buying the groceries, and not the guy doing the cooking, who is the problem. Buffalo has 2, at MOST, NHL-quality centers for next year. And that's if Ennis and Hod are ready.

This sux.

I'm already getting the check for the SPCA ready.

Be patient young Padawan.

(although I might have a couple years on ya)

Ink, I really am running out of patience with this summer. Two "maybe they can" centers is horrible.

And I'm betting we're relatively tied, but if you want that "old man" label, have it!

Only when you're ready to admit that it's the guy buying the groceries, and not the guy doing the cooking, who is the problem. Buffalo has 2, at MOST, NHL-quality centers for next year. And that's if Ennis and Hod are ready.

This sux.

I'm already getting the check for the SPCA ready.

I really doubt the guy doing the cooking doesn't have any say in what groceries are being bought. He's been the cook for 16 meals now.

Ink, I really am running out of patience with this summer. Two "maybe they can" centers is horrible.

And I'm betting we're relatively tied, but if you want that "old man" label, have it!

Sounds like you're stressed out. Have a drink buddy :beer:

I really doubt the guy doing the cooking doesn't have any say in what groceries are being bought. He's been the cook for 16 meals now.

He doesn't have as much as you think. Not kidding.

Sounds like you're stressed out. Have a drink buddy :beer:

######, another one?

Scott..... Jetsam

Ott ........flotsam

Pardy .....flotsam

Porter..... lagan

If you're referring to the Vogl article DR was referring to the trade market being the secondary market and the UFA's are the first market. At least that's my take on the quote.

Y'know, it just occurred to me--- even though the Amerks are pretty thin at center, the Porter signing could be a precursor to Luke Adam being shipped out.

Just a thought.

That was a my initial take too, but someone else more correctly stated this is the replacement for Chewy.

(Still think Adam is gonzo, though.)

Archived