Kevin Porter signs with Sabres

Two or less

As I wrote in the FAF thread last night:

Potential 4th line center for the team.

Porter was the 07-08 Hobey Baker winner. Based on what I read; he is a smart player that can play any of the forward positions and knows how to play the 2-way game. Not sure if he qualifies for the upcoming development camp.

A UFA center is signed and the thread isn't pinned? Are the Sabres that awesome of a team that we're just going to shrug this off?

If Griggy doesn't make the team (although I heard an interview with an NHL draft writer today predicting that he would be one of 3 draftees to make it), Porter could very well be the Sabres' #3 center this fall.

Give the man some respect. He had a great college career and no doubt is coming here intending on competing for an NHL job.

It is possible to have a great camp.

Kevin Oklobzija@kevinoDandC

An assumption after talking with Ron Rolston: Unless Kevin Porter has a great camp with the #Sabres, he'll start with the #Amerks.

#Amerks coach Ron Rolston knows Kevin Porter very well. Got to NTDP after Porter left "but I recruited him when I was still at (Bos. Coll)."

A UFA center is signed and the thread isn't pinned? Are the Sabres that awesome of a team that we're just going to shrug this off?

If Griggy doesn't make the team (although I heard an interview with an NHL draft writer today predicting that he would be one of 3 draftees to make it), Porter could very well be the Sabres' #3 center this fall.

Give the man some respect. He had a great college career and no doubt is coming here intending on competing for an NHL job.

All of this. He's exactly the type of player we all fall in love with after a mid December injury callup. He'll provide a spark when needed, and who knows what else.

It may be an uphill climb for him to make it outright but the reinforcements can be as vital as the regulars, as we all know too well:

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC

An assumption after talking with Ron Rolston: Unless Kevin Porter has a great camp with the #Sabres, he'll start with the #Amerks.

As I wrote in the FAF thread last night:

Potential 4th line center for the team.

Porter was the 07-08 Hobey Baker winner. Based on what I read; he is a smart player that can play any of the forward positions and knows how to play the 2-way game. Not sure if he qualifies for the upcoming development camp.

Mueller and him came over from Phoenix to Colorado in the Wolski trade. They are great friends, Mueller showed so much promise, I wonder if the Sabres are looking at him as well. High risk, but high reward if Mueller can overcome the concussion problems.

It's such huge news that it's not up on the Sabres' web site yet.

You are correct.

I apologize for my flip comment above.

EDIT: Seriously ... :oops:

So fire me.

Archived