The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Aaaaaaaaaaaand one day after I give him praise, Craig Rivet trashes my opinion of his opinions. 

He says that losing Carey Price was the best thing that could have happened to Montreal, because it exposed PK Subban as a fraud and the cancer that he is. What a load. "He didn't step up." Craig, did you watch any Montreal games after Price got hurt? PK is the only guy that gave two shits about winning. He's the only guy that expressed real emotion. He was torn up that they were losing so much, and why wouldn't he be? He was playing for the team he dreamed about playing for as a 5 year old. He IS Montreal. They got rid of the cancer, but kept the captain that would go 20 games without scoring any non-empty-net goals after Price got hurt, or something like that. That's stepping up, Craig? The guy that is miserable about PK Subban being the fan favorite over him, and trying to turn the room against PK as a result? Which guy is selfish, which guy is the problem? You're full of it. Montreal is trash, Therrien and Bergevin are terrible at their jobs, and David Desharnais will still be getting prime first and second line minutes next to the captain they kept who shrunk against the wall when Price got hurt. Oh, and their already-painfully-slow defense just switched out its prime puck mover for a guy who, while he has a rocket of a shot, skates in cement. Have fun with that guys. Sounds right up Rivet's alley.

/rant

Edited by Randall Flagg

Rivet is very much "Captain Old School." Personality is a sin.

I was at the Sabres game in Columbus in 2011, after he was traded there. Rivet got 5 and a game for trying to shove his stick sideways down Ennis' throat. Seemingly out of nowhere. Wonder what the story behind that was...

• 2 weeks later...

Rivet is very much "Captain Old School." Personality is a sin.

I was at the Sabres game in Columbus in 2011, after he was traded there. Rivet got 5 and a game for trying to shove his stick sideways down Ennis' throat. Seemingly out of nowhere. Wonder what the story behind that was...

Call in and ask him.

Biron is pretty good.

I like the show overall (the concept of it) and I do listen to it because it is mostly about the Sabres....but having an all ex-player host model that they do now..I'm not a fan of.  If you are going to have ex players be on the show, great...but how about someone else to balance that?  I lived it when Matt C was on the show, but he is now in Minny.

Biron is pretty good.

I like the show overall (the concept of it) and I do listen to it because it is mostly about the Sabres....but having an all ex-player host model that they do now..I'm not a fan of.  If you are going to have ex players be on the show, great...but how about someone else to balance that?  I lived it when Matt C was on the show, but he is now in Minny.

When it's Peters and Rivet, it's just too much story telling.

Biron is pretty good.

I could always use more Marty Biron in my life.

Keep in mind that Coller reportedly left because WGR pays like dog-doo, so it's not like they are going to bring in some A-list level talk show talent. I think we are stuck with bored ex-players for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Hockey Hotline will be changing to The Instigators with Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet starting Tuesday. It will be simulcasted on MSG from the One Buffalo Studio at One Bills Drive. Marty Biron will be a regular co host on Tuesdays and Fridays as well.

That shows sounds unbearable

I just can't listen to Peters on a regular basis. He's like Rob Ray: okay in small doses, but gets progressively worse the more he talks.

Rayzer is way more adept at abusing the English language than either of the meat heads on the radio. They both kinda old school but Petey has really made strides in the name of maintaining a career. He's far more progressive than he used to be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.