The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Any highlights? I probably won't be able to listen to it 'til I get home.

He will likely be working with the defensemen.

Will be reviewing the coaches roles, systems at the draft weekend.

Crucial pieces of a winning team... talent, be hungry, character guys.

Don't restrict the big guys, incorporate systems into their strengths.

Balancing lines... try different combos at camp, see what roles they can play. Start with 2 that work well together and add the complimentary player to that.

"Visual learners", will sit with each player and review tape to explain their roles.

He had 3-4 interviews with Bylsma, wasn't sure if Tim mentioned his name to Dan, and Shero and Quinn are two coaches he's modeled his style from.

He will likely be working with the defensemen.

Will be reviewing the coaches roles, systems at the draft weekend.

Crucial pieces of a winning team... talent, be hungry, character guys.

Don't restrict the big guys, incorporate systems into their strengths.

Balancing lines... try different combos at camp, see what roles they can play. Start with 2 that work well together and add the complimentary player to that.

"Visual learners", will sit with each player and review tape to explain their roles.

He had 3-4 interviews with Bylsma, wasn't sure if Tim mentioned his name to Dan, and Shero and Quinn are two coaches he's modeled his style from.

Music to my ears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Peters has been blabbering all summer long about how Reinhart needs to play in the AHL this year.  STFU already.  I don't know why he has such a hard-on about this, but the kid has done nothing but impress at the rookie camp and more recently at the prospects tourney.  I'm guessing you will be cheering for him to the bed in training camp and in the preseason games so that you can continue with your agenda.

I thought maybe PR/Marketing genius Brandon would see through these two clowns and send them packing, but I guess I was wrong.

• 6 months later...

Sylvester is out and Matthew Collar, Andrew Peters, and Craig Rivet are potentially in. I think this will be a good change up and I hope they also get some more Martin Biron on.

I like hearing Craig Rivet occasionally, but I think he is WAY too dry to be on everyday.

The show also gets a bit 'crowded' when you have more than 2 hosts. I'd rather see them stay with 1 or 2 hosts, and sprinkle in that third guy occasionally.

Edited by mjd1001

I like hearing Craig Rivet occasionally, but I think he is WAY too dry to be on everyday.

The show also gets a bit 'crowded' when you have more than 2 hosts. I'd rather see them stay with 1 or 2 hosts, and sprinkle in that third guy occasionally.

While I'm not sure Rivet is the guy, I think the 3 host format works well. I like Rivet's insight but he is Uber Canadian and dry like their whiskey.

I don't like Sylvester that much but come on Peters is the worst radio since I don't know when. Can't believe he even played he's terrible and thank goodness he is not in anyway making hockey decisions. He couldn't even fight and that supposedly was the only reason he sniffed the NHL. Replace the whole hockey hot line cast then maybe I will think about tuning in.

I agree that Sylvester was horrible. It was almost fun to listen to at times, in terms of train wreck radio. Collar doesn'the do much for me either. It's a nice concept but they should scrap the current cast and start again. OTOH, it's so bad that it fits perfectly with all the other shows on GR.

Really!?  They threw K-Sly out the door?

Thank God!

I don't listen to the show very often specifically b/c that creep was on the show.

A few weeks ago he was out for a week and it was just Peters and Marty B. all week.

I enjoyed it a lot.  I'll definitely tune in more often.

Really!?  They threw K-Sly out the door?

Thank God!

Please don't mistake me for a Sylvester apologist, but I'm willing to bet HE walked out the door and on to greener pastures that are aligned with a passion he has in golf. Lest we forget he got a pretty big demotion, kept his mouth shut and ran the radio show for a few years. I respect that. Good luck K Sly.

Please don't mistake me for a Sylvester apologist, but I'm willing to bet HE walked out the door and on to greener pastures that are aligned with a passion he has in golf. Lest we forget he got a pretty big demotion, kept his mouth shut and ran the radio show for a few years. I respect that. Good luck K Sly.

I didn't find him to be the most entertaining or informative, but you're right, we have to respect his professionalism.

• 1 month later...

Gotta give Petey a shout out here. His impression of Bob Cole is killer. You cant tell the difference it is unbelievable and hilarious! 

Had me laughing at my desk with a earphone on while people are looking at me like what is my deal.

Kudo's Andrew.

He also does a pretty good and funny Marty Biron.

• 3 months later...

The first forty minutes of today's show are a must-listen when it shows up in the vault.  Great discussions about substance abuse in the NHL (mostly alcohol), whether marijuana should be prohibited in sports, and (this is a completely different topic) the role of analytics.

The first forty minutes of today's show are a must-listen when it shows up in the vault.  Great discussions about substance abuse in the NHL (mostly alcohol), whether marijuana should be prohibited in sports, and (this is a completely different topic) the role of analytics.

Honestly having Rivet and Biron and others former players on has been great. Show has been better this summer IMPO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.