Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You better throw me your virtual panties.

The world hopes the only panties of mine that I am throwing are virtual ones.

12 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Don't you just love how Ticketmaster or the venues or whoever are just ”postponing" it. Won't see a refund for a year.

We'll find a way to go next year.  They are a bucket list band for me.  I'm buying tickets regardless.  Its the airfare and  hotel I want back.  I'm not using those.

10 minutes ago, Weave said:

The world hopes the only panties of mine that I am throwing are virtual ones.

We'll find a way to go next year.  They are a bucket list band for me.  I'm buying tickets regardless.  Its the airfare and  hotel I want back.  I'm not using those.

Oh I'm going to see them, for sure. But I'm currently giving Ticketmaster an interest free loan. And I'm really not cool with giving Ticketmaster anything.

2 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Oh I'm going to see them, for sure. But I'm currently giving Ticketmaster an interest free loan. And I'm really not cool with giving Ticketmaster anything.

I get it.  But I’m not exactly going to notice the loss in interest from $200ish over 12 months. It’s not like plan B was to put that money on black, spin the wheel, and come home with a retirement fund.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I get it.  But I’m not exactly going to notice the loss in interest from $200ish over 12 months. It’s not like plan B was to put that money on black, spin the wheel, and come home with a retirement fund.

I just hate Ticketmaster. I hate giving them my money. I almost never go through them. But this is Rammstein. And if I have to use them to see a band that I might never get to see again, then I'll bite the bullet. But I for one, hope Pearl Jam eventually beats them in court. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/12/2013 at 8:42 AM, Claude_Verret said:

Damn I'm jealous. I've been to hundreds of live shows in my day, and the Porcupine Tree show I caught here in Raleigh a few years ago is easily in the top 3.

On 2/20/2013 at 12:57 AM, SwampD said:

I just want to thank you for this. I had never heard of Steven Wilson before, but for the past 10 days, I've been on a very enjoyable SW/Porcupine Tree Pandora ride. 👍

Went back and found this exchange from 8 years ago. To think of the hundreds of hours of listening enjoyment I would have missed out on but for this thread.

No live music SUCKS!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

The BPO has had some online concerts that have been really cool.  JoAnn Faletta likes to venture outside the standard repertoire, which I find very refreshing.  Even when the BPO perform the standard repertoire, they do something different and fresh.

On 11/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The BPO has had some online concerts that have been really cool.  JoAnn Faletta likes to venture outside the standard repertoire, which I find very refreshing.  Even when the BPO perform the standard repertoire, they do something different and fresh.

She was my music teacher in middle school, she was well liked, it was nice to see her get to where she is. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Weave said:

So last years tix for Rammstein are honored for this year.  Sept 3 in Minneapolis.  Just booked flights and hotel.  Again.

Better happen this year.  I need a sick ***** stage show.

August 26th Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. 

And you're right, it better ***** happen this year!

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

August 26th Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. 

And you're right, it better ***** happen this year!

Philly was out first choice for locations but they sold out before we had a chance to get tix.  Would have been nice to drive instead of fly.  But Minny is gonna be fun as hell.  I've only seen Minny from the airport so should be a good time exploring.  We're taking 5 days off so we'll  have time to explore.

We're in the "Fuego" section, front and center.  Pit, baby!

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Philly was out first choice for locations but they sold out before we had a chance to get tix.  Would have been nice to drive instead of fly.  But Minny is gonna be fun as hell.  I've only seen Minny from the airport so should be a good time exploring.  We're taking 5 days off so we'll  have time to explore.

Lucky bastard. I hope they burn your eyebrows off!

2 hours ago, Weave said:

If it’s open, try to check out Target Field. I haven’t been there myself, but it’s one of the nicest parks in baseball. Would make for a good recovery day after the show. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Weave said:

My son just sent this to me.  Ugh.  And I just made hotel and airline reservations 2 weeks ago.

Seriously, my son might not even like me by the time this concert comes around! Let's face it, from age 16-19 every day is a toss up.