Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The BPO has had some online concerts that have been really cool.  JoAnn Faletta likes to venture outside the standard repertoire, which I find very refreshing.  Even when the BPO perform the standard repertoire, they do something different and fresh.

I remember the days when Julius Rudel and Semyon Bychkov were BPO music directors. Just when I thought that the latter put the orchestra on the map, Faletta has blown both of them out of the water!

Granted, the BPO may not have the name recognition like the NY Philharmonic, the Boston Symphony, or even the Berlin Philharmonic. However, they can compete with the best of them.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone use the streaming service "Quello"?  Supposed to be a lot of live concerts on there.  I'm considering it, because although I'd love to see some concerts, it's $80 per seat (after Ticketmaster gouges you as well) for nosebleed seats if you're lucky.

8 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Didn’t he have a brain injury ? Saw him in an interview and he was way off.

Back or neck.   That being said, i felt kind of ripped off when i saw him two years ago, as I was unaware he’d be sitting the entire concert...except for one song if I remember correctly. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Well, right after complaining about the cost of concerts, I picked up tickets to Guns N' Roses September 23 here in Columbus.  Pricy, but some things are worth it.

Haven't seen them since Rich Stadium.

26 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Haven't seen them since Rich Stadium.

This will be an intimate show for them.  Might be the smallest venue on the tour.  18,800.  They're playing a lot of stadiums.  Fenway, Wrigley, L.A., etc.

Booked tickets to Dermott Kennedy in Grand Rapids in August, he's only doing 2 shows Stateside so I'm excited to go. Booked a Marriott across the street so I can drink without worry. 

Gonna extend the trip and hit the Upper Penninusula and do some kayaking and camping, maybe hit Isle Royale National Park too! 

My buddy just informed me that we'll be going to see Uncle Kracker at the NYS Fair in September. Suppose that's as good a day as any to get blackout drunk and eat all the Dinosaur BBQ and Twin Trees pizza that I can gorge myself with.