NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Sorry for being a little late (just got back to a computer and I haven't seen any scores yet):

Rags over Otters in 5.

Bs over Caps in 6. (Not pulling for either team remotely.)

Joisey over Cats in 5.

Guins over Phlyers in 6.

Out west I have:

Nucks over Kings in 7. (No Daniel = issues)

Snarks over Blues in 7. (Everybody knows SJ waits until the 2nd round to choke.)

Hawks over Yotes in 6.

Preds over Wings in 6.

Then:

Joisey over Rags in 6.

Guins over B's in 5.

Nucks over Snarks in 6. (If Daniel is healthy it doesn't go past 5, probably a sweep.)

Preds over Hawks in 7.

Then:

Guins over Joisey in 5.

Preds over Nucks in 6.

Guins over Preds in 6.

I'm slightly bitter that Gaustad had 0 goals in 38 playoff games for the Sabres, and scores in his first game as a Predator. Anyway.....

These games are totally compelling and entertaining. And quite detrimental to my productivity. Who can read about the Department of Justice while these games are going on?

As time goes on I become more convinced that Philly did a great job last offseason. I'll take Schenn and Couturier for the next 10 years over Carter and Richards all day.

Both games have been excellent tonight.

Every time I hear "Gaustad back to Weber" I feel funny inside.

Haha, agreed.

Wow. Nashvilles fans are wound up. They will not sit down. I'm impressed.

Nashville fans are well coordinated. Just heard a "Howard! Howard! Howard! You Suck! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!"

What is this, a college game?

I know the playoffs are a different animal, but the fans in Nashville are unbelivable. Maybe the NHL can work down south?

I'm slightly bitter that Gaustad had 0 goals in 38 playoff games for the Sabres, and scores in his first game as a Predator. Anyway.....

I was only half watching when they showed the replay, but wasn't it a centering pass from behind the goal line that went off of a defenseman and in? It's not like he found some offensive game there that he never found in the post season here; he got a lucky bounce.

Haha, agreed.

I know the playoffs are a different animal, but the fans in Nashville are unbelivable. Maybe the NHL can work down south?

I didn't realize they'd made the playoffs so many times recently. I'm sure that helps build a fan base.

"hey! You suck!"

Keep it up Preds fans. :beer:

I was only half watching when they showed the replay, but wasn't it a centering pass from behind the goal line that went off of a defenseman and in? It's not like he found some offensive game there that he never found in the post season here; he got a lucky bounce.

Which actually makes it more frustrating. In 38 games he never got a SINGLE lucky bounce for us? BAH!

Good win by Flyers. Battled back. Too bad about the missed call on Brieres goal. Also, so much for a goaltender problem so far for Philly.

Yep, although it seemed Pitt let up after being up 3-0. Ahhhh, the dreaded three goal lead strikes again.....

Detroit down two but have a 5 on 3 with five min left.

Preds kill it off but Wings strike right after. 3-2 Nashville with 2 min left.

Laviolette always knows how to push the right buttons for his teams. Obviously, it's easier to do when you have a guy like Briere who almost singlehandedly sparked that comeback, and Bryzgalov looked terrific. I can't imagine the Pens are going to get caught just standing around watching too often, though, as they were at the end. I also can't see the Flyers being able to put the pedal to the metal for the whole series which is what they'd need to do, I think.

Forslund calling the Canucks-Kings game? Come on, man. NBC needs some better broadcast personalities.

Aaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddd the Detroit game gets interesting for the last 2 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the Sabres were in the playoffs. BUT, you can sit back and actually enjoy the games without them haha.

Archived