GDT: Sabres at Bruins 4-07-2012 4:00PM

Weave

Just seeing a current GDT is oddly comforting. I'm not sure what kind of effort we'll see without 82, 78, 57, 10, and 52--- and of course where will the remaining players' heads be following the big letdown. I hope it doesn't get ugly.

Wouldn't mind seeing them cheapshot Thomas gone for the season.

Yes, I have become that guy.

That would be something to see ... if Folgno were up, have him plow into Chara and then take out Thomas ...'by mistake, of course'. Ah yes .. wishful thinking.

I'll be watching .. the only thing that got in my way for any game was my work.

And to add more salt ... I have to listen to NESN's Edwards ...

GO SABRES!

What a wasted season, stained with the indignity of being eliminated by the Leafs and Flyers :doh:

I wonder is Ruff will rest Miller and play Enroth tonight. :doh:

I expect to see a lot of Pominville (29 goals) and Hodgson (19 goals) just to get them that one goal each needs.

This will be the last time some of these players wear the Sabres uniform. I guess we will all be discussing how many players and which players should be included on that list in the off-season which will start in about 11 hours.

If I'm still in the hospital tomorrow, I'll be watching. Otherwise I'll be watching at home. Had the wife bring me the laptop last night so I could use the slingbox. Had a great connection, no issues at all with the broadcast. Losing sucked, but last night wasn't their problem. Injuries to key players (Ennis, Miller, Myers, and Ehrhoff) and that road losing streak is what killed them.

I'm anxious to see what they do with the $$ they won't be spending on Boyes and Hecht. Three good players, two really good players, or one awesome player?

I'm in for a staph infection in my ankle that has been bothering me for months. It finally got bad enough that I needed IV antibiotics. The Sabres' season ended on the same day mine did!

I don't think I missed any. If I did, it was only one or two.

Get better man, that could turn into a bad cellulitis or get into the bone and create a nasty osteomyelitis, they should cover you for MRSA with vancomycin, sorry medical jargon programs my brain to respond in such fashion .

As for the game, im in Raleigh til Tuesday night, so no game for me, no raping, pillaging, or baby eating either this time. I would like to see some.fight outta our boys and absolutely some retribution for that lucic incident that derailed our season.

Unfortunatley, its sad that we will most likely see nothing, in this spot of a season, after the events that occurred, the bruins should be afraid to put their starters in again a team that's eliminated, a team that should want blood......but they know they're playing buffalo, a team that would get outhit by the lollipop kids.

Maybe ill be wrong and we will lay it down on the line and at least knock a guy outta round 1 for them or at least make them hurt, send a message for next season boys.

Ummmm must win game :)

Even tho they're out and we often get pessimistic thru the roller coaster (myself as guilty), as always Go Sabres!!

What is the over/under for pages of this thread by Sunday morning?

6.....ill take the under ;)

Once the season is done and the forum calms down a bit I'd like to have this discussion. I think the point you are nibbling at has some merit.

I also agree, possibly a separate thread, there have been positives and negatives with his game, however as the season went on, the good/bad ratio shifted in the negative direction.

Get better man, that could turn into a bad cellulitis or get into the bone and create a nasty osteomyelitis, they should cover you for MRSA with vancomycin, sorry medical jargon programs my brain to respond in such fashion .

As for the game, im in Raleigh til Tuesday night, so no game for me, no raping, pillaging, or baby eating either this time. I would like to see some.fight outta our boys and absolutely some retribution for that lucic incident that derailed our season.

Unfortunatley, its sad that we will most likely see nothing, in this spot of a season, after the events that occurred, the bruins should be afraid to put their starters in again a team that's eliminated, a team that should want blood......but they know they're playing buffalo, a team that would get outhit by the lollipop kids.

Maybe ill be wrong and we will lay it down on the line and at least knock a guy outta round 1 for them or at least make them hurt, send a message for next season boys.

Ummmm must win game :)

Even tho they're out and we often get pessimistic thru the roller coaster (myself as guilty), as always Go Sabres!!

6.....ill take the under ;)

I also agree, possibly a separate thread, there have been positives and negatives with his game, however as the season went on, the good/bad ratio shifted in the negative direction.

I still want retribution for Johnny Boychucks cheap shot on Vanek in what seems like the playoffs from another era and nothing came of that so no I don't see this group paying back any scores. They'll most likely lay down and roll over into the biatch position when their cellmate ( the Bruins ) gets back from pumpin weights.

I still want retribution for Johnny Boychucks cheap shot on Vanek in what seems like the playoffs from another era and nothing came of that so no I don't see this group paying back any scores. They'll most likely lay down and roll over into the biatch position when their cellmate ( the Bruins ) gets back from pumpin weights.

Lol, nice analogy, unfortunately I believe you are spot on. Any team that is allowed to concuss your goaltender purposely and get away with it, instantly makes you catcher in the jail cell.

I think Ruff may have wanted to get in one final session of being the boss.

There is no point in going off on them after it's all said and done. This should have been done after loss number X in a row on the road, or early in the season when they blew all those home games they had.

Too little, too late. He's got to go. Period. For all the times he just stood behind the bench looking defeated, instead of trying to motivate his team, he should be the one getting bag skated.

I think Ruff may have wanted to get in one final session of being the boss.

There is no point in going off on them after it's all said and done. This should have been done after loss number X in a row on the road, or early in the season when they blew all those home games they had.

Too little, too late. He's got to go. Period. For all the times he just stood behind the bench looking defeated, instead of trying to motivate his team, he should be the one getting bag skated.

I don't disagree that they could use fresh blood behind the bench, but I am not going to make the assumption that after game 81 was the first time he ripped into them for playing poorly. I'm not in the area or at practices so I have no idea what goes on every day, but I would be comfortable betting that he did go off on them during the road losing streak or early in the season.

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with Lindy going off on them. To me it sends a message that a) the injury excuse does not fly and b) no matter how good you played after the ASB to get in the position to make the playoffs, you blew your shot by coming up small when the stakes were highest.

Guest Sloth

I don't disagree that they could use fresh blood behind the bench, but I am not going to make the assumption that after game 81 was the first time he ripped into them for playing poorly. I'm not in the area or at practices so I have no idea what goes on every day, but I would be comfortable betting that he did go off on them during the road losing streak or early in the season.

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with Lindy going off on them. To me it sends a message that a) the injury excuse does not fly and b) no matter how good you played after the ASB to get in the position to make the playoffs, you blew your shot by coming up small when the stakes were highest.

Well put. + 1

Just got back from work. I heard a couple of player interviews. They sound like they all have mono. Apparently Ruff skated the "core" pretty hard yesterday. Wonder if Miller was included in that?

I just heard that too, was it really necessary to bust their ###### in the practice before the last game of the season, which is a meaningless game ? I don't think Lindy will be going anywhere, but if I could choose only 1 move for this team, it would be to get rid of Lindy, asap.

Guest Sloth

Glad to hear RJ calling the game. I know most Sabres fans are disappointed and possibly a bit down after being eliminated the other night, but I would not be surprised if RJ is the most disappointed Sabres fan. Kind of tough to watch this game.

As a side note, I support everything Lindy said and did after losing to Philly.

I also have no problem with it. I assume it was something along the lines of "this is your one last game, I expect you to play it like you should have played every single other game this season."

This game would have meant something if they treated every game like it meant something.

Archived