GDT: Sabres at Bruins 4-07-2012 4:00PM

Weave

I thought it was ironic Leino scored Buffalo's only goal the other night.

I can. I'm not saying Miller is THE reason the Sabres made such a mad rush for the playoffs, but he if it wasn't for his temporary return to great goaltending Buffalo would've been knocked out a long time ago. He deserves to sit this game out.

I respectfully disagree, because I'm tired of Miller being put on the untouchable pedestal that he's been put on. He isn't Hasek, and it's not close. Miller's strength is keeping his bearings while coming out of his net to close down the shooter (leaving every pass behind him to be tapped in if not covered defensively). Hasek, on the other hand, would sit in net, and yell at defenders for getting in the shooting lanes to potentially block a shot. "Can't See!"

Miller was also a big part of the reason they went into suck mode for 3 months. Injury or not he didn't play up to the level he's paid to.

Am I the only one who is hoping BFLO will take out one of Boston's important players so they miss the playoffs? I wouldn't mind seeing BFLO do to Seguin what Vancouver did to Horton last year.

Goal Bruins... whatever...

BTW - I'm sick of Jack Edwards' obsession with the word "saucer." He must use it 100 times a game.

Ugh. I dislike a lot of hockey play by play guys, but Edwards might take the cake.

Miller was also a big part of the reason they went into suck mode for 3 months. Injury or not he didn't play up to the level he's paid to.

Am I the only one who is hoping BFLO will take out one of Boston's important players so they miss the playoffs? I wouldn't mind seeing BFLO do to Seguin what Vancouver did to Horton last year.

Nope. Someone should rush Thomas at the end of the third as a parting gift.

I just want some Buffalo player to show that they have "the Fire" still.

It's kind of a blah affair so far but I must say, I was impressed that the Sabres blocked 7 shots in the 1st. Then again, maybe it's just easier to sacrifice the body when you don't have another meaningful game scheduled until October.

It's kind of a blah affair so far but I must say, I was impressed that the Sabres blocked 7 shots in the 1st. Then again, maybe it's just easier to sacrifice the body when you don't have another meaningful game scheduled until October.

You can say that again. I've never seen a sports broadcast team who are just as deflated as the team they're covering. It seems that Kevin and Rick just want to go home. Can't blame them either really.

I may place a bid on the Leino jersey. It must be pristine having not broken a sweat in it all season.

I sort of see your point, but I sort of disagree. He can grind pretty well in the corners, but when he gets the puck, he uses his ass, mostly to shield the puck, and doesn't beat players with pace.

Guest Sloth

Guys, slow it down on the Miller talk. Take another look at my post and don't take things out of context. Never mentioned anything about Miller being as good as Hasek. I also spoke of a temporary return to great goaltending. This means Miler was a reason why the Sabres played such bad hockey before their push for the playoffs.

You can say that again. I've never seen a sports broadcast team who are just as deflated as the team they're covering. It seems that Kevin and Rick just want to go home. Can't blame them either really.

It kind of feels like a wake. Ennis sounded even more morose than he normally does in the intermission.

Imagine Dwight Schrute calling the Boyes goal:

"It is a goal."

Archived