GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Winnipeg Jets 3/5/12 8:00PM

thesportsbuff

Yeah, I wonder what the stat's are from the first line when Roy has been centering it and when he wasn't?

I don't know how many games Roy has Centered for Vanek, I'd guess somewhere around 20+, Roy has 4 assist on Vanek goals, at least 1 was on the PP. So in the 20 or so games that Roy has Centered that line, he has assisted on no more than 3 of Vaneks goals, not so good for your "#1 center." BTW Adam assisted on 3 Vanek goals early in the season. Read what you want into it, it tells me that Roy and Vanek can no longer be productive together.

However, lost amidst all the excitement of the past week is the fact that Thomas Vanek has been ice cold. He's scored only four goals so far in 2012, and added only four assists for a total of 8 points in the last 24 games. That's going to have to change sooner or later if the Sabres expect to not only take over 8th place tonight, but hold on to it throughout the rest of the season.

I have to believe it is because Roy is back on this line and both Vanek and Pommonville are sick and tired of Roy dangling up the ice and not passing and going down at the drop of a hat while turning the puck over. Bench Roy and bring up Shezura (sp) and I bet they do better.

It will be Miller tonight, right?

I wonder if the missus came to Winnipeg...

If I was Pegula I would charter her a plane for each game for the rest of the season, give the Millers a suite in the nicest hotel in town the night before every game, and pick up the room service tab too.

I don't know how many games Roy has Centered for Vanek, I'd guess somewhere around 20+, Roy has 4 assist on Vanek goals, at least 1 was on the PP. So in the 20 or so games that Roy has Centered that line, he has assisted on no more than 3 of Vaneks goals, not so good for your "#1 center." BTW Adam assisted on 3 Vanek goals early in the season. Read what you want into it, it tells me that Roy and Vanek can no longer be productive together.

That certainly seemed to be the case earlier this season when Ruff was willing to do almost anything to keep them apart. I guess he gave up and finally put Roy between 26 and 29, helping both guys go ice cold at the most critical juncture of the season.

I really wish Regier would get the deal done to move Roy. This isn't working for anyone. It's time to move on.

If I was Pegula I would charter her a plane for each game for the rest of the season, give the Millers a suite in the nicest hotel in town the night before every game, and pick up the room service tab too.

There's a joke in here somewhere!

Yeah, what he said. I'm wondering if not all sources show the ROW's in their standings, causing the confusion.

This is what you will find in most places:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/standings/

But if you want annoying, there are still some local newspapers that will divide the record into W-L-OTL-SOL (shootout loss). Why they do that, who knows. It has no practical purpose whatsoever.

Getting those bonus plane miles. Hope the kid can sleep on planes.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

Darcy Regier says emergency recalls like Foligno must physically leave between games. #Sabres wing left 'Peg, got to Toronto, turned around.

And Thursday they took a 9 hour bus ride from ROC to Grand Rapids, he played Friday in GR, not sure if he then took bus to TO, then TO to Vancouver Sat AM? (commercial or Tpegs charter that?)

He was listed as a scratch last night for Amerks in Roc, not sure if he was physically present? Doesn't sound like it.

That place will be rockin tonight and I think it will be a very hard fought game. Luke Adam on the first line with Pomm and Vanek while putting Roy on the 4th - why not? That first line is dead in the water and it just might work.

Yes, but at least the Sabres now control their own playoff destiny. If they win all of their remaining games (including a regulation win against the Caps), then there is nothing any other team can do to prevent the Sabres from making the playoffs :w00t: .

Reuniting the Vanek-Adam-Pominville would make sense. But Lindy will be Lindy...

Roy really is toxic, isn't he?

You are smart enough to know what i said LaFontaine.. Luke adam's competence as a center was not the point...the point was breaking up hot lines... the point was setting the tone for big games with devisive comments .....the point was hypocracy. That line with its AHL center probably still has the lead in pts. When your two top wingers get less than two touches a game ...It may not always be their fault especially when you take one of them down to 12 minutes and, roll them with your third pair...Is the line in a slump..yes.are the opposing teams still playing their shutdown linmes against them yes. it is a question of how a coach chooses to handle that situation

Adam first 11 games - 11 points

Adam next 7 games 2 points

Taken off that first line after 18 games. And for good reason IMO.

Well gang, it goes without saying that this game is very big. All the hard work they've done needs to keep on going tonight. I'm off for shoulder surgery in about an hour so I probably won't be on here as typing could be an issue.

Good luck to the Sabres.

Good luck and well-wishes for a speedy recovery!

Adam first 11 games - 11 points

Adam next 7 games 2 points

Taken off that first line after 18 games. And for good reason IMO.

Yup. As much as we all, myself included sometimes, get frustrated with Lindy switching up his lines every day, Luke Adam had gone cold for a good stretch. And he slowly played his way all the way down the depth chart and out of the lineup.

Surgery complete.

Still a wee bit high and likin it!

Now a Sabre win would make me happy!

Thx for the well wishes!

Glad to hear everything went well. Let's Go Sabres!!

Surgery complete.

Still a wee bit high and likin it!

Now a Sabre win would make me happy!

Thx for the well wishes!

:beer: Don't forget those range of motion exercises. And the pills will last a little longer if you chase them with a couple beers.

:beer: Don't forget those range of motion exercises. And the pills will last a little longer if you chase them with a couple beers.

and a full stomach. i don't know what they gave you, but i've never had any pain killer that wasn't exponentially more efficacious after a semi-sizable meal.

get better soon man.

Archived