GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Winnipeg Jets 3/5/12 8:00PM

thesportsbuff

Right, let me ask you this as you seem incapable of actual understanding.

See this quote right here? Yeah, this one. This is the one where I decide you aren't worth responding to anymore. ;)

Come back when you can can communicate at an adult level.

It's just one value-added post after another, innit?

Here's a tip: finish your juice box, clean up your room, and learn how to communicate better. Otherwise no one will be interested in anything you have to say.

I was going to write a very angry insult, then I realised I'm better than that, I apologise for my insult earlier in the thread and I just have this to say:

You might actually be wrong occasionally, try thinking about that. I don't know whats wrong with you recently but you have an attitude problem. I've stated my opinion and why I'm skeptical. If you are unable to communicate on that level and reply maybe I am not the issue.

Good day.

See this quote right here? Yeah, this one. This is the one where I decide you aren't worth responding to anymore. ;)

Come back when you can can communicate at an adult level

Firstly read my post above.

I was trying to explain a point and you were insisting on dealing with the opinion on a personal level, you successfully riled me into an anger (congratulations, that makes you a troll technically). If you cannot deal with that then thats you're problem, not mine.

As an aside, why the hell hasn't this been closed yet? I know I'm as much to blame as anyone for keeping it going but wow.

Grumpy Freeman is Grumpy.

+1. Lmfao.

Right, let me ask you this as you seem incapable of actual understanding. Have you EVER had someone say something like 'X will never happen' or 'I think we should ditch X' then a while later, when they are proved wrong they say 'oh i said that'd happen'. Sure, thats happened to everyone.

My point is that I remain skeptical that as many of you that say 'ditch Vanek, like I ALWAYS said we should' actually always said that. I don't believe that and I never damn well will. SOME might have, but few, very few (Whether you specifically did or didn't is irrelevant). Really is it that difficult to see?

I was going to write a very angry insult, then I realised I'm better than that, I apologise for my insult earlier in the thread and I just have this to say:

You might actually be wrong occasionally, try thinking about that. I don't know whats wrong with you recently but you have an attitude problem. I've stated my opinion and why I'm skeptical. If you are unable to communicate on that level and reply maybe I am not the issue.

Good day.

Firstly read my post above.

I was trying to explain a point and you were insisting on dealing with the opinion on a personal level, you successfully riled me into an anger (congratulations, that makes you a troll technically). If you cannot deal with that then thats you're problem, not mine.

Of course I'm wrong, and it's more than occasionally. But being wrong regarding hockey matters has nothing to do with communicating like a grownup -- or failing to do so -- especially when you're conversing with someone like Weave, who is much more patient and polite than I am. The bolded parts above are simply childish. So if you are actually "better than that" as you claimed above (although really, someone who is "better than that" doesn't usually say so about himself), then you need to actually do "better than that" -- not just say it about yourself.

When I was a certain age, I used to think that I understood everything on absolute terms - that I was capable of actual understanding.

But I was so often proven wrong, that now I accept that I have no actual understanding, so I just try to understand.

I'm ok with people saying ridiculous things here, because they're just floating ideas, trying to get feedback.

In a sense, even the people who are "proven" wrong, are right, because there are actual reasons behind why they feel how they feel - memories, emotions, associations. For example, if I said, "ditch Vanek," yesterday morning, I may have been annoyed with my wife, among other reasons, and needed a healthyish outlet for my manly frustration

It's when posters belittle others, that the red flags rise, for me, though it's exciting, because that only a step removed from belittling or bullying a real person. If you do it on the internet, where else do you do it? John Wayne might need to ride into action, but maybe not, but he couldn't even if he wanted to cause this is the internet. :censored:

Of course I'm wrong, and it's more than occasionally. But being wrong regarding hockey matters has nothing to do with communicating like a grownup -- or failing to do so -- especially when you're conversing with someone like Weave, who is much more patient and polite than I am. The bolded parts above are simply childish. So if you are actually "better than that" as you claimed above (although really, someone who is "better than that" doesn't usually say so about himself), then you need to actually do "better than that" -- not just say it about yourself.

I see your point, I disagree with the bolded part.

Lets boil it down to basics, I massively disagree with you, Deluca, GoDD and Weave on your outlook of the Sabres. I think the team is better than they've ever been and with a couple of minor changes we're a cup contender. I'm hopeful, optimistic and love every second of every game, While I dislike Regier and am less sure about Ruff than I used to be I still think we can win a cup with them in TP's timeframe.

When I was a certain age, I used to think that I understood everything on absolute terms - that I was capable of actual understanding.

But I was so often proven wrong, that now I accept that I have no actual understanding, so I just try to understand.

I'm ok with people saying ridiculous things here, because they're just floating ideas, trying to get feedback.

In a sense, even the people who are "proven" wrong, are right, because there are actual reasons behind why they feel how they feel - memories, emotions, associations. For example, if I said, "ditch Vanek," yesterday morning, I may have been annoyed with my wife, among other reasons, and needed a healthyish outlet for my manly frustration

It's when posters belittle others, that the red flags rise, for me, though it's exciting, because that only a step removed from belittling or bullying a real person. If you do it on the internet, where else do you do it? John Wayne might need to ride into action, but maybe not, but he couldn't even if he wanted to cause this is the internet. :censored:

Probably the best post in this thread.

Archived