GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Winnipeg Jets 3/5/12 8:00PM

thesportsbuff

Luke adam's competence as a center was not the point...the point was breaking up hot lines... the point was setting the tone for big games with devisive comments .....the point was hypocracy. That line with its AHL center probably still has the lead in pts. When your two top wingers get less than two touches a game ...It may not always be their fault especially when you take one of them down to 12 minutes and, roll them with your third pair...Is the line in a slump..yes.are the opposing teams still playing their shutdown linmes against them yes. it is a question of how a coach chooses to handle that situation

In that case, I guess we disagree on how hot the top line was with Luke Adam centering. Am I the only one who was tearing my hair out watching Luke Adam consistently losing possession, floating out of position, losing face-offs, and being a non factor pretty much as soon as the team returned to the states? If it wasn't for Vanek and Pominville cashing in steadily on the PP (without Adam) the numbers for the top line would have been less than stellar.

Well gang, it goes without saying that this game is very big. All the hard work they've done needs to keep on going tonight. I'm off for shoulder surgery in about an hour so I probably won't be on here as typing could be an issue.

Good luck to the Sabres.

Well gang, it goes without saying that this game is very big. All the hard work they've done needs to keep on going tonight. I'm off for shoulder surgery in about an hour so I probably won't be on here as typing could be an issue.

Good luck to the Sabres.

Good luck to you, hope everything works out.

Good luck to the Sabres.

Hope all goes well!

I've talked to all the individuals," said coach Lindy Ruff, who has no plans to shuffle the trio. "Part of it here recently is I've liked what the other lines have done. I thought [brad] Boyes, [Matt] Ellis and [Corey] Tropp really played well [saturday] night. The [Cody] Hodgson line was good. I think the [Ville] Leino line was 11 chances for and only on the ice for one against.

"You really don't want to split any of that up, so on that front those three veteran players have to figure it out and get it going better."

Lindy Ruff..Ya gotta love the guy. Lets put more pressure on the 1st line with my comments..Throw them under the buss again.. The aforementioned reasoning must be why he broke up the Adam, Pom, Vanek line chemistry, how many times? , when they were clicking?

"Hodgson line had 11 chance and how many goals? they were only on the ice for one against"? and who did you pair them with defensively , Lindy? and what line were they rolling against? so much crap. Hodgson is a playmaking center...easy to understand why you would not want him on your one line?

Did i say change the lines

Well you implied you want the lines to be changed after you said it was dumb to break up the chemistry that V-A-P had at the beginning of the season and thats the chemistry I would argue E-H-S has now... So which is it? Change the lines or leave the ones that are working alone?

In that case, I guess we disagree on how hot the top line was with Luke Adam centering. Am I the only one who was tearing my hair out watching Luke Adam consistently losing possession, floating out of position, losing face-offs, and being a non factor pretty much as soon as the team returned to the states? If it wasn't for Vanek and Pominville cashing in steadily on the PP (without Adam) the numbers for the top line would have been less than stellar.

No, I will join you in that sentiment. I really want to like Luke, but the kid looks like he is skating with ski boots on his feet. Also, for the size he had, he sure plays small. And while the early-season numbers looked promising, I think it was more the play of Vanek and Pominville and it didn't matter much who was in the middle. The kid just looks lost out there a good portion of the time. I am not sure he will ever be more than a #3 center. I hope he proves me wrong. The departure of Gaustad really should be a great opportunity to show that he can fit that kind of a role (if he can get the call back to the big leagues).

For as much as Gaustad was maligned, at least he was willing to go to the front of the net and take a beating occasionally. I don't understand why more players today don't follow the lead of guys like Rick Vaive and Dave Andreychuk, who were willing to take an absolute mauling in front of the net to collect garbage goals. I don't think I ever saw Big Dave score a "pretty goal", but he sure scored a lot of them. Somebody like Luke could do that sort of thing if he was willing to pay the price.

On an unrelated note, do we let Brad Boyes walk at the end of the season? I don't know how he ever scrored 40. I wouldn't resign him at his present $4m, but the guy works hard and is a serviceable third liner who can score in shootouts. At what price do we keep him around/does he stay?

Good luck to the Sabres.

Good luck with the surgery. I hope it goes well. And forgive the nag, but make sure you ask your doctor about mixing booze and painkillers -- this can be dangerous.

welp,

Turned 27 today...

stevie resigned

got to wear sweats to work

all i need is a sabres victory

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great one, especially between 8:30 PM and 11:00 PM tonight.

Now, be honest plenz, did you actually stop sniffing glue?

Wow, really should stop sniffing glue and posting from the IPAD with no spell checker..

8 hours and counting..Canes game last year, Game 7 last year, Pats game..This game has me just as revved up as those. Even switched an early morning meeting to late morning so as not to worry if a have a few extra pops tonight.

In all honesty, how good would this team be if they could ever get both secondary and primary scoring going at the same time? Even if it happened only for a 5 game stretch, they'd probably look like world beaters.

Predictions:

Unlike the last few games, we're not going to be holding on for dear life after getting a lead. If we see Alamo mode, I think it'll be the last few minutes, rather than an entire period.

Hodgson finally gets rewarded for his good play on the score sheet. I'm thinking a 2 point game, 1-1.

Vanek wakes up from his coma. I don't know that he scores, but Winnipeg isn't very good defensively, so I at least expect some good opportunities.

Sabres win 4-2.

Just remember that Tampa is still technically ahead of us with 1 more win and the same number of pts and games left. A win tonight is great but much is still left to be determined.

63-19-21 line needs to score tonight and help to alleviate the pressure on the 26-9-29 line. I think 63-19-21 needs to focus on shooting more and worry a little less about the swanky passing plays. Hodgson especially needs to take more shots.

Hoping for a win and just glad that my 5days of being barely able to eat was made more bearable by the Sabres playing some great road games. Lets go Buffalo!

Just remember that Tampa is still technically ahead of us with 1 more win and the same number of pts and games left. A win tonight is great but much is still left to be determined.

63-19-21 line needs to score tonight and help to alleviate the pressure on the 26-9-29 line. I think 63-19-21 needs to focus on shooting more and worry a little less about the swanky passing plays. Hodgson especially needs to take more shots.

Hoping for a win and just glad that my 5days of being barely able to eat was made more bearable by the Sabres playing some great road games. Lets go Buffalo!

It's strange how a team that was the earliest and heaviest seller is still in contention, and playing like they added pieces for a run. I don't trust their goaltending at all, but certainly can't discount a team that took Boston to 7 games last year and has Stamkos playing...well...like Stamkos.

Ala DR? Yes ,,, The point was the guy with the ten lines a game strategy who was never unwilling to disassemble a scoring line and always willing to change lines when he felt a little intestinal gas is now telling us he is sticking with his lines because a hot goaltender is giving him some road wins? .. GA/GSS on the road trip?- en... Who would have guessed that the one line is slumping. Do you think ROY, Vanek and POM know that?????How about the fans?... do you think it is helpfull to make that the lead in front of a big game...Adam , with all his l third line AHL center limitations and liabilities, created a little space with his willingness to go to the net and bang in the slot. His puck possession skills on the boards in the o zone were still far better imo better than drs, as was his vision (both he and Roy play with their head down). At least he was willing to distribute the puck.

I think the 26-9-29 line needs to score to alleviate the pressure of the 63-19-21. Actually, if they can just score it'll also take a ton of pressure off of themselves. Vanek sure looks like he's playing hurt right now.

It sucks that this game is on NBCS. I think Buffalo usually does pretty well for themselves on national tv, though.

It doesn't suck at all. It keeps me from listening to Sylvester and Gare which pretty much means I won't be punching myself in the face by the second period.

I've got to sit through a board meeting tonight where we discuss why our organization is having troubles. I'd much rather be watching the Sabres game... this will suck. I'd record the game but some idiots at the meeting will be yapping about the score during the meeting and ruining everything. Ugh.

And no.. it's not like some big corporate board meeting... just for a local baseball organization.

It's strange how a team that was the earliest and heaviest seller is still in contention, and playing like they added pieces for a run. I don't trust their goaltending at all, but certainly can't discount a team that took Boston to 7 games last year and has Stamkos playing...well...like Stamkos.

The fact that two teams made 6 point holes disappear over the course of the week is completely mind-boggling to me. It almost looks like those teams that were right up at the 8 spot (Jets, Craps, Leafs) are almost trying to blow it (I guess that's par for the course with the Leafs).

The fact that two teams made 6 point holes disappear over the course of the week is completely mind-boggling to me. It almost looks like those teams that were right up at the 8 spot (Jets, Craps, Leafs) are almost trying to blow it (I guess that's par for the course with the Leafs).

If we said we'd have a 17 game season with TB, WPG, TOR, WAS, and BUF Starting today, who would you pick to win that division?

That season starts now.

Let's win the division.

If we said we'd have a 17 game season with TB, WPG, TOR, WAS, and BUF Starting today, who would you pick to win that division?

That season starts now.

Let's win the division.

I'd say we have as good a shot as any out of those teams. The big difference between all those teams is we have far and away the best goaltender of those teams. TB, TOR and WPG's goaltending situation may lose them games whereas ours can win us games we should have lost. WAS is a toss-up if they get solid play from Vokoun/Neuvirth, but they have the Ovechkin drama to deal with.

Archived