GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Winnipeg Jets 3/5/12 8:00PM

thesportsbuff

Just remember that Tampa is still technically ahead of us with 1 more win and the same number of pts and games left. A win tonight is great but much is still left to be determined.

Tampa Bay is ahead because they have 5 more regulation+overtime wins (29-24). A win tonight will mean that Tampa has to win to keep their spot ahead of Buffalo.

I do like like these assumptions. If he is hurt GTFO of the lineup. If not, start playing like you did earlier in this year. 7 mil a year players cannot be this inconsistent.

Yes, because every other big time goal scorer in the league scores their season average every game. Prolonged goal droughts are unheard of amongst these pillars of consistency.

Just remember that Tampa is still technically ahead of us with 1 more win and the same number of pts and games left. A win tonight is great but much is still left to be determined.

Are you sure on that one? I don't know the numbers myself, but remember that points from shootout wins are removed from the standings first before any tie breakers are applied. It really isn't all that worthwhile to dig up those numbers though as there is so much hockey left. Just keep winning.

Are you sure on that one? I don't know the numbers myself, but remember that points from shootout wins are removed from the standings first before any tie breakers are applied. It really isn't all that worthwhile to dig up those numbers though as there is so much hockey left. Just keep winning.

After points, Regulation/OT Wins is the first tiebreaker.

Yes, because every other big time goal scorer in the league scores their season average every game. Prolonged goal droughts are unheard of amongst these pillars of consistency.

4 goals and 9 points in his last 26 games. That is more than your scorer going into a slump. It's a 1/3 of a season! On top of that, it's not like Vanek is contribulting in other ways, or playing great but just not scoring.

26-9-29 / 63-19-21 will combine for 3 goals tonight... Let's Go Buffalooooo

Who taught you math? / is dividing so how is that combining?

I hope to see some more from the top line as well though.

Well since you are being all technical mathy pants today, here's sabres26's original post in verbatim math terms:

26-9-29 = -12

63-19-21 = 23

-12/23 = -0.5217

...I hope that's not the goal contributions from those two lines combined tonight :ph34r:

I never thought I would see a day where Buffalo played against the Thrashers on national TV (kinda). And yes, I still refer to them as the Thrashers.

Also, wouldn't we technically be in 9th place after a win tonight due to Winnipeg having a better ROW?

4 goals and 9 points in his last 26 games. That is more than your scorer going into a slump. It's a 1/3 of a season! On top of that, it's not like Vanek is contribulting in other ways, or playing great but just not scoring.

As for the first bold - that's exactly what it is. A prolonged slump indeed, but simply a slump we would all like to see him break out of. Well, almost everybody. No one thinks this is his true mean - so its just a trough he will eventually come out of.

As to the second bold, that is opinion - I think playing with shoot first Roy has limited his opportunities tremendously, but he is still getting chances and playing hard.

I never thought I would see a day where Buffalo played against the Thrashers on national TV (kinda). And yes, I still refer to them as the Thrashers.

Also, wouldn't we technically be in 9th place after a win tonight due to Winnipeg having a better ROW?

No. Buffalo will have played 1 fewer game, the first tiebreaker.

As for the first bold - that's exactly what it is. A prolonged slump indeed, but simply a slump we would all like to see him break out of. Well, almost everybody. No one thinks this is his true mean - so its just a trough he will eventually come out of.

As to the second bold, that is opinion - I think playing with shoot first Roy has limited his opportunities tremendously, but he is still getting chances and playing hard.

Now that I stated this, he will probably prove me wrong, play like someone posessed tonight, and score 4 goals. :oops:

Now that I stated this, he will probably prove me wrong, play like someone posessed tonight, and score 4 goals. :oops:

Let's hope so - you know he will finish strong - he always has - he just needs to get that first one - tonight would be a good night for it to happen - unless you want the team to lose and miss the playoffs. ;)

26-9-29 / 63-19-21 will combine for 3 goals tonight... Let's Go Buffalooooo

Who taught you math? / is dividing so how is that combining?

I hope to see some more from the top line as well though.

Well since you are being all technical mathy pants today, here's sabres26's original post in verbatim math terms:

26-9-29 = -12

63-19-21 = 23

-12/23 = -0.5217

...I hope that's not the goal contributions from those two lines combined tonight :ph34r:

Order of operations, PEMDAS if you will:

division first, 29/63 = .46

Then 26-9-.46-19-21 = - 23.46

Which clearly means leino will get 4 goals and six points tonight.

Let's hope so - you know he will finish strong - he always has - he just needs to get that first one - tonight would be a good night for it to happen - unless you want the team to lose and miss the playoffs. ;)

Vanek can break out of his slump, and the Sabres still lose, correct? :P

63-19-21 line needs to score tonight and help to alleviate the pressure on the 26-9-29 line. I think 63-19-21 needs to focus on shooting more and worry a little less about the swanky passing plays. Hodgson especially needs to take more shots.

Hoping for a win and just glad that my 5days of being barely able to eat was made more bearable by the Sabres playing some great road games. Lets go Buffalo!

Sabres and Lightning control their own destiny the rest of the way. The Sabres need to win tonight though. Tampa also plays Washington later this weeks who sits with a one point lead over tampa and Buffalo right now.

If the Sabres play teh way they have been, they have one fo the better chances for making the playoffs right now

Order of operations, PEMDAS if you will:

division first, 29/63 = .46

Then 26-9-.46-19-21 = - 23.46

Which clearly means leino will get 4 goals and six points tonight.

damn you're right. I guess I need to go back and pass the third grade again. I did it on an accounting calculator in the office which was hard enough that I forgot the whole order of operations thing.

btw I like your interpretation :D

Archived