Agree to disagree, for now.

deluca67

Right...

In a response to an analogy a Moderator made saying someone like me kill myself.

Do you want to be fair....or do you need a bad guy to hate?

Sorry, Dwight. I don't buy that for a minute. Especially the part about me being fair vs. needing someone to hate. Too many years of so many of your posts across multiple TBD forums have shown your propensity for insulting those with differing views. You've even admitted that you deliberately like to ruffle feathers around here thus inviting the very climate for you to post your repeated insults to those that you've goaded.

Do you want to be honest ... or do you need a bad guy to insult?

GO SABRES!!!

And sometimes the chemo kills you before the cancer does.

Best point here.

It goes back to risk/reward again. It doesn't always work, but you need to take a real shot. There is no doubt that I currently don't hold the same amount of passion for the Sabres players, coaches and management that many do here. But I can guar-a-f'n-t you that I have just as much passion for the city of Buffalo and it's people and can compete in hockey knowledge and knowledge of the Sabres with just about anyone here. We can debate it all day...we have.....are you loyal or do you believe? Or is it both?

I am always loyal because the Sabres represent Buffalo. In reality, this discussion is much like a political board with all sides represented. I can understand where the other side is coming from. I think they are wrong.....and impede progress. I don't hate anyone because we all want the same thing in the end.

Sorry, Dwight. I don't buy that for a minute. Especially the part about me being fair vs. needing someone to hate. Too many years of so many of your posts across multiple TBD forums have shown your propensity for insulting those with differing views. You've even admitted that you deliberately like to ruffle feathers around here thus inviting the very climate for you to post your repeated insults to those that you've goaded.

Do you want to be honest ... or do you need a bad guy to insult?

GO SABRES!!!

If I am honest enough to have told you that.....then why don't you want to listen to what I have to say? I don't mind pushing buttons at times, but my views are always truthful.

I'd like some others here to be honest with their affiliations to the Sabres.

:blink: :huh:

I cannot believe I just caught up on this thread...I'm going to go back to the breasts thread...it's a happier place

I hear you man, I let this one go for a while and just read a 10,000 word novel. Sad thing is I don't think I learned anything more than I had when I started.

I'll leave it with this........I am honest, and I use colorful language. 97% of the posters here do not try and derail an honest discussion. They focus on the message and not the messenger. I fully understand those with differing viewpoints, even if I do not agree. I will tell you if I think you are wrong, and if you are coming from an honest place, there is no reason for language to border on insulting. I try and show you where my viewpoint is coming from as I do not assume everyone understands it. A couple here will claim I am talking down or talking at, but I have spent most of my adult life surrounded by people tough enough to have strong opinions, who are open to honest debate, and who are not insulted by strong viewpoints. It can be a direct competitor and I will want to be correct and sometimes feel I know I am correct, but if I am wrong i am happy for the person across from me who reaps the rewards. To me....that is the excitement. To have skin in the game, and even knowing you wish for or hope for a certain result, if you can't back that result with an honest opinion or skin in the game, then it isn't worth as much to me. I don't expect people here to be betting C-notes on every little aspect of life, but here....if you put your word out ahead of time....that is the currency of choice.

What I find rude is that I constantly put my word out there, and for the most part these past 5 years have been bang on. It is fine for someone to think going forward results could or will be different....but don't rail me for putting my skin in the game. Put yours up BEFORE hand as well.....and if you are wrong, you are wrong. But if you fail to do so, or are wrong and hold animosity towards someone for a differing view that may have paid out......don't expect me to respect you. If and when the time comes that the Sabres under this current leadership and roster pulls off anything of consequence.....I will gladly be happy for those who were prescient enough to see that success take shape, and will be happy that I am proven wrong and our hockey team was able to defy my expectations.

It's really that simple. I know I come across as blustery at best to some, but Jeez.....if you can't form an opinion....a long term opinion and not a bipolar day to day view....which yes, I know this time of year is day-to-day and the excitement and emotion is high.....and respect the results.....and most of all want to badger someone who is trying to give an honest opinion....then I will not be as easy on you. Have fun.......enjoy the games..........and we all count the chips in the end. If you lurk, you lurk.....if you just want to watch the games as is, I can respect that.....but I take offense to those few who want to ride me for my truthful opinions that go against theirs. We'll see. If I am wrong, I am the first to tell you "Nice Score". In that regard we all should be on the same page.

All I can do is be honest and try to clarify my point. If someone isn't happy after all that and feels the need to TELL ME what I am thinking, well then, good luck to them. They don't WANT to get it, or they are just spurting sour grapes.

I knew that post would pull you in, twist it around and spew it back out. lol

Look people. Feel however you want to feel. If you don't want to enjoy what may be the last few games of the year so be it. You wanna bitch about the past go ahead. Just don't expect me to want to be your first mate on THAT boat. BTW, I'm speaking for my self here. y'all can whatever.

:wub:

BTW, Ghost, it's Organic free-range chicken.

No, I don't feel bad for "you idiots"......I feel bad for my friend, the patient....The Sabres Hockey Team from the City of Buffalo....that has been made to suffer and looks to do so in the future because of "positive spin support" for a bunch of poor decision makers.

People keep talking about "enjoying the moment." I would enjoy these little "moments" more if I didn't know they were going to be used, by those that can make real changes, as an excuse not to remove a coach and general manager I have zero respect for and zero faith in. I would love to go into a season thinking that maybe, just maybe, this is the year the Sabres win a Stanley Cup. It's been a long time since I felt that way, I fear it will be a long time until I feel that way again. At least not until Status Quo is removed.

Drain, please realize that most people here root for the Sabres, and want to talk about rooting for the Sabres.

If you can dig that, great; if it's still going to be about advancing your character as a character, well, then I think you made the right move last summer.

Drain, please realize that most people here root for the Sabres, and want to talk about rooting for the Sabres.

If you can dig that, great; if it's still going to be about advancing your character as a character, well, then I think you made the right move last summer.

I guess that's where I personally disagree - I may be critical at the current Sabres and management. This is because I do root for the Sabres.

I think they should be better than they are, I want them to better than they are, and I think management will do exactly what DeLuca said - use this last streak as an excuse for not trying to move in another direction.

Unfortunately, this means it's a bittersweet thing for me, cause I've seen it before so many times.

Sabres finish strong, management says "I think we all saw the real team by the end of the season", nothing changes, and next season ends up a spitting image of seasons past. Would love to be wrong. Every year. Haven't been so far, and I hate it.

I just want to see some change, but only because I root for the Sabres. Not against them.

I guess that's where I personally disagree - I may be critical at the current Sabres and management. This is because I do root for the Sabres.

I think they should be better than they are, I want them to better than they are, and I think management will do exactly what DeLuca said - use this last streak as an excuse for not trying to move in another direction.

Unfortunately, this means it's a bittersweet thing for me, cause I've seen it before so many times.

Sabres finish strong, management says "I think we all saw the real team by the end of the season", nothing changes, and next season ends up a spitting image of seasons past. Would love to be wrong. Every year. Haven't been so far, and I hate it.

I just want to see some change, but only because I root for the Sabres. Not against them.

Great Post!

If we didn't care so much for the Sabres we wouldn't care who the coach and GM are or about the quality of the job they have done, The frustration many of us feel has grown over time. It's frustrating going into a season knowing a Stanley Cup isn't realistic. It's frustrating seeing the two men mainly responsible for where this franchise is remain in charge.

I understand this point of view, but It comes down to how does this view shape your character on his board in light of the reality of the whole situation. Whether he Sabres had this run or not LR & DR are going to be back next year. You know it, I know it, DeLuca knows it, Drane knows it...EVERYONE knows status quo will run the show at minimum one more year. Probably two. So given that, what sense does it make to constantly highlight the negatives and always minimize the positives when it comes to this team when we all know there isn't a damn thing that we can do to change the reality of the situation?

I understand this point of view, but It comes down to how does this view shape your character on his board in light of the reality of the whole situation. Whether he Sabres had this run or not LR & DR are going to be back next year. You know it, I know it, DeLuca knows it, Drane knows it...EVERYONE knows status quo will run the show at minimum one more year. Probably two. So given that, what sense does it make to constantly highlight the negatives and always minimize the positives when it comes to this team when we all know there isn't a damn thing that we can do to change the reality of the situation?

it's our honest opinions, that is why we post them. Status Quo will be back next season, and I am going to post my frustration. It doesn't matter if anyone agrees or if anyone connected to the Sabres every reads them.

There's a difference between being critical and what I was talking about. Personally, I have not generally had a problem with your posts (and I cannot see why anyone would), although I haven't agreed with your proposed solution for what ails the team.

There's a difference between being critical and what I was talking about. Personally, I have not generally had a problem with your posts (and I cannot see why anyone would), although I haven't agreed with your proposed solution for what ails the team.

I believe the term is "crusade".

I believe the term is "crusade".

I find absolutely no problem with anyone beating the same drum for years, even going on a crusade. It's an internet fan board, we have moderators, not editors. I cannot disagree with Eleven more, when he suggests that any poster leave because they are building an online "character". We're all characters to some extent, that's why it Says LastPommerFan to the left of my post and not my real name.

I do draw a line when the discussion becomes insulting or badgering (The Battle of the Snow People from last winter would be a great example of that). Sure there are people who cross that line, some do it a lot, but all in all, there is way too much discussion about the posters on this board, from both sides, than there should be. I think the Mods do a good job of keeping the really destructive crap off the boards, and leave a good edge to the discussion.

I find absolutely no problem with anyone beating the same drum for years, even going on a crusade. It's an internet fan board, we have moderators, not editors. I cannot disagree with Eleven more, when he suggests that any poster leave because they are building an online "character". We're all characters to some extent, that's why it Says LastPommerFan to the left of my post and not my real name.

I do draw a line when the discussion becomes insulting or badgering (The Battle of the Snow People from last winter would be a great example of that). Sure there are people who cross that line, some do it a lot, but all in all, there is way too much discussion about the posters on this board, from both sides, than there should be. I think the Mods do a good job of keeping the really destructive crap off the boards, and leave a good edge to the discussion.

Amen. Preach it.

Way too ###### many posts about posters. It isn't the pro or anti Sabres threads that are slowly but surely pushing me away from this forum, it is all the damned posts that serve no purpose but to call out other posters, and this issue goes all the way to the top. And both sides do it. Really, as much as the anti-GoDD's have gotten tired of him and DeLuca bringing up mgt in more threads than is warranted, I've grown equally weary of seeing the DeLuca's and GoDD's getting called out, egged on, and otherwise trolled in threads they aren't even active in. For cryin out loud, all it does is spur them on in threads they didn't need to be spurred on in. And to be fair, the anti-GoDD's have every right to take umbrage at the tone that has been used too frequently to characterize them by their antagonists. Nonetheless, just like last season when the team was on the bubble, it has gotten out of hand.

FFS talk about the team, not about other posters.

Maybe people see a difference, maybe they don't. I DO see a difference since new ownership came in. Not just the hot water in the bathroom either.

There is a VISION now. IMO that was lacking before. We had no idea what direction this team was going, if it was going anywhere. We now have a vision of where this team is going and IMO it's going in the right direction. Win or lose this week the season has been full of bad luck, good luck, bad bounces and good. One thing is for sure. The vision of what this team is made up of and where it's headed is good.

There's a big difference between playing a character and being obnoxiously evident that you're playing a character. There are only two people on this board that I get that impression from (and no, you're not one of them deluca). The rest seem genuine to me. But it's when you're clearly trolling for negative reactions from people that it goes too far and has gotten us where we are today.

There's a big difference between playing a character and being obnoxiously evident that you're playing a character. There are only two people on this board that I get that impression from (and no, you're not one of them deluca). The rest seem genuine to me. But it's when you're clearly trolling for negative reactions from people that it goes too far and has gotten us where we are today.

And where is that, a little healthy banter back and forth is not bad and yes as internet posters we all step over the line once in a while, but seriously you think it is any worse than normal. I think it ebs and flows, but really for a board of this type, I think this group is amazingly civilized even when one of us steps over the line.

This thread is stupid and pointless.

Pretty much agreed, but hey it gives some of us posters with control issues a place to vent :wallbash:

And where is that, a little healthy banter back and forth is not bad and yes as internet posters we all step over the line once in a while, but seriously you think it is any worse than normal. I think it ebs and flows, but really for a board of this type, I think this group is amazingly civilized even when one of us steps over the line.

Pretty much agreed, but hey it gives some of us posters with control issues a place to vent :wallbash:

If that's what you think the point of this thread is, then you have no idea what it's about. But I encourage you to dismiss it as such instead of attempting to understand it.

Archived