Roy or Stafford

thewookie1

Who'd you rather keep?

Roy, the Centerman who outside of his injury has played well and appears to be doing better again. May be a good 3rd or 2nd line center still. Might be a cancer to locker room

Stafford, the winger who is very streaky and his goals per season bounces alot. Plays small for a big guy.

So who do would you keep?

I would keep Roy. I would get rid of Stafford for free. And the "Roy is a cancer" thing was debunked by Andrew Peters the other day. Not that I love his play this season (well, until lately, I didn't), but he's no Stafford.

I think it was DeLuca who said that Stafford will play himself out of the league within this contract, and he's right.

I would keep Roy. I would get rid of Stafford for free. And the "Roy is a cancer" thing was debunked by Andrew Peters the other day. Not that I love his play this season (well, until lately, I didn't), but he's no Stafford.

I think it was DeLuca who said that Stafford will play himself out of the league within this contract, and he's right.

For those of us who are uninformed of this "Andrew Peters debunking," please do tell.

Agreed on the Roy Stafford debate. Roy can at times drive me up a wall, but Stafford drives me to hate :devil: and I don't like that. Stafford is a disease, Roy is just an annoying flare up "cold sore"...something that is carried by millions of Americans but goes away when you de-stress :cry: .

Agreed on the Roy Stafford debate. Roy can at times drive me up a wall, but Stafford drives me to hate :devil: and I don't like that. Stafford is a disease, Roy is just an annoying flare up "cold sore"...something that is carried by millions of Americans but goes away when you de-stress :cry: .

I think "chancre" would be a better way to describe it.

Stafford has come to life again. I don't think it is coincidence that it happened about the time Roy was put on Vanke's line. And Vanek has all but disappeared from the score sheet. I don't think it is coincidence that it happened about the time Roy was put on Vanek's line.

If we could only replace one, my thoughts lean towards replacing Roy right now.

Stafford. No question. It will be two years too late when they finally send him on his way

Look at the bright side. Only two more years like this and thjen he is in his contract year so he is sure to show up and play then.

Stafford has come to life again. I don't think it is coincidence that it happened about the time Roy was put on Vanke's line. And Vanek has all but disappeared from the score sheet. I don't think it is coincidence that it happened about the time Roy was put on Vanek's line.

I've been thinking the same thing lately. And this proof, coinciding with Vanek's comment last year after Roy went down (I don't remember exactly what he said, so I'm not going to try), it seems very obvious that these two should not be on the same line.

Weave, you make an interesting point, but I've seen too many years of lack of effort by Stafford, no matter who is centering him. Roy's presence might affect scoring opportunities and goals, but it sure doesn't account for effort. (I note that Poms and Vanek show no lack of effort, even if Vanek isn't scoring as much.)

Weave, you make an interesting point, but I've seen too many years of lack of effort by Stafford, no matter who is centering him. Roy's presence might affect scoring opportunities and goals, but it sure doesn't account for effort. (I note that Poms and Vanek show no lack of effort, even if Vanek isn't scoring as much.)

I just wonder how long it will be until we see Hodgson centering Vanek and Pominville. Roy's inability to control the puck in any way makes it very hard for Vanek and Pommers to have any faith in him. They always seem like they're anticipating having to back check as soon as Roy gets the puck.

I'm no fan of Stafford, and I am sure I've groused about his lack of effort enough times on these pages, but it is hard not to see that with Roy not on his line his effort has improved alot. In my ideal world they bothe get moved. But *right now* I'm thinking that Roy has more effect on linemates that Stafford does and is therefore a bigger problem for the team.

Like any other woman, I reserve the right to change my mind with or without reason. :P

I just wonder how long it will be until we see Hodgson centering Vanek and Pominville. Roy's inability to control the puck in any way makes it very hard for Vanek and Pommers to have any faith in him. They always seem like they're anticipating having to back check as soon as Roy gets the puck.

Once the team has more confidence in Ennis at C (like Roy, he was drafted as a C but is spending time on the wing learning the speed of the NHL game), I expect this to happen. I think you'll see Roy centering a third line.

Archived