Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Not following... ?

It's a section on craigslist where people who weren't brave enough to say it up front instead can go and say they want to sleep with someone they bumped into randomly somewhere. So basically you should start searching for some guy posting on there about how you gave him wood.

I remember going here all the time as a kid, but I think many WNYers haven't heard of it. My wife, who grew up in the Northtowns, had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned taking the kids to see it during our visit to WNY in July. Pretty awesome. And I'll nip it before it even starts..I posted this story to recognize the awesomeness of it and to gauge WNYers familiarity with it, there's no need to start the Pegula fracking debate here.

http://www.buffalone...d-park-20140819

I lived about five minutes away and I've never heard of it.

It's a section on craigslist where people who weren't brave enough to say it up front instead can go and say they want to sleep with someone they bumped into randomly somewhere. So basically you should start searching for some guy posting on there about how you gave him wood.

LOL I was unaware of this section. That's pretty funny.

This NC school teacher is awesome:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/21/1323522/-NC-teacher-raises-80K-to-feed-Ferguson-kids-whose-schools-can-t-open-due-to-civil-unrest

As the world watches the events unfolding in Ferguson, many people have thought “how can I help?”. As a public school teacher, my first thought is always about the children involved in any tragic situation like this. When I found out school had been canceled for several days as a result of the civil unrest, I immediately became worried for the students in households with food instability. Many children in the US eat their only meals of the day, breakfast and lunch, at school. With school out, kids are undoubtedly going hungry.

Hello hello!

I haven't signed on in a month or two... Let's just say I've been super busy and was trying to keep the distractions/endless internet surfing to a minimum... :ph34r:

Today I just got my syllabus approved for teaching. Starting Monday. I'm pretty damn nervous.

I hope everyone's had a great summer- only another month or so of offseason!

I'll be scrolling through all the threads to catch up on y'all.

Hello hello!

I haven't signed on in a month or two... Let's just say I've been super busy and was trying to keep the distractions/endless internet surfing to a minimum... :ph34r:

Today I just got my syllabus approved for teaching. Starting Monday. I'm pretty damn nervous.

I hope everyone's had a great summer- only another month or so of offseason!

I'll be scrolling through all the threads to catch up on y'all.

Was wondering where you'd gone! Hoped d4rk hadn't locked you in a closet somewhere. ;) Good luck next week and have fun with it!

Was wondering where you'd gone! Hoped d4rk hadn't locked you in a closet somewhere. ;) Good luck next week and have fun with it!

We're both super busy. It's why I've been relatively quiet lately. I start classes at UB on Tuesday so I was on campus today getting things squared away and familiarizing myself with the facilities. My god does college feel weird. I'm not old by any means but I feel like I'm surrounded by children. Get off my lawn!

We're both super busy. It's why I've been relatively quiet lately. I start classes at UB on Tuesday so I was on campus today getting things squared away and familiarizing myself with the facilities. My god does college feel weird. I'm not old by any means but I feel like I'm surrounded by children. Get off my lawn!

lol I felt the same way when I started graduate school... like an old fart among kids. Not all that far apart in age, but huge differences in mentality. Good luck with classes!

Edited by biodork

How are the, uh, facilities? At your age, you should always know where the nearest head is. Download Constanza's app.

How are the, uh, facilities? At your age, you should always know where the nearest head is. Download Constanza's app.

I checked out three different restrooms today, one of which was recommended to me by a friend and former student. Managed to find a quiet one with FOUR coat hooks in the stall. Perfect for the winter.

This is straight from eBay.

• You might want to consider meeting in a neutral area for local pickups

• If you don't want the person to know where you live, consider meeting at a restaurant or near a warehouse

• This would probably make you and the buyer feel more comfortable

• Make it an area with more traffic, so you will never have to be alone

• Make SURE you are not meeting in a dark alleyway

To summarize, near a warehouse, good. Dark alleyway, bad. Dark warehouse should be OK, right?

The horse rescue I volunteer at has always shared its space with a family/their barn. Over the last year, some misfortune has befallen them, and they have not handled the situation in a very mature or cooperative way. To put it lightly, tensions have been high and there has been a lot of passive aggressive b.s. pulled on their part. It scares off new volunteers and potential adoptees and has also been detrimental to several of the horses.

Two days ago we signed all the papers and will have our own farm with 26 acres, trails, a pond, an indoor arena, round pens, a six stall barn, and a house for use. We can help so many more horses this way, and come to volunteer at much more flexible hours. It's a mile down the road from the last location. A woman lives there still- she has life use of the house, and she seems kind and has been a horse woman/instructor her whole life.

It's a relief, and I'm hoping the move is smooth and quick! We should be settled in before winter hits :)

The horse rescue I volunteer at has always shared its space with a family/their barn. Over the last year, some misfortune has befallen them, and they have not handled the situation in a very mature or cooperative way. To put it lightly, tensions have been high and there has been a lot of passive aggressive b.s. pulled on their part. It scares off new volunteers and potential adoptees and has also been detrimental to several of the horses.

Two days ago we signed all the papers and will have our own farm with 26 acres, trails, a pond, an indoor arena, round pens, a six stall barn, and a house for use. We can help so many more horses this way, and come to volunteer at much more flexible hours. It's a mile down the road from the last location. A woman lives there still- she has life use of the house, and she seems kind and has been a horse woman/instructor her whole life.

It's a relief, and I'm hoping the move is smooth and quick! We should be settled in before winter hits :)

I imagine the woman who is remaining at the house will be happy to see horses in her pastures again. That should be a great site for her.