Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

1) snow storm expected to hit hard, so I will probably call it quits from work Wednesday early so I can hit the slopes

2) Tax return season is fast approaching...and if I get enough in my tax return, I will be purchasing new all-mountain skis (still doing research on pair that I want).

3) Just finished going thru my yearly review at work, and three was only 1 detraction, and that was expected because it showed up on my directors review and that means it flows onto mine. With a good review comes a good raise (although I have to wait 2 or 3 months to see it). I'm still excited.

I am the newest employee of Amazon! Really incredible opportunity for me getting out of the military.

Congratulations! :D

I'm excited for August now. I'm going to volunteer at a seminar with a lady in Canandaigua who works with mounted police. The seminar is about training horses on an obstacle course. I'll be setting up obstacles, helping participants and their horses, and getting fed/watching the seminar for free. Obstacles include things like a giant beach ball, big plastic drums they have to push through, cavalettis, etc. Hoping to learn more stuff to stick in my brain somewhere. I love behind the scenes type stuff like this.

Typing in weather.gov instead of weather.com.

It's a completely different weather experience.

Yeah, I don't trust/put up with anything besides NOAA/NWS anymore.

This and this, which I keep in my bookmarks, are all I need. I'll analyze my own data. Get your cartoon clouds, green rain blobs, and solid color front lines off my maps. And I'm not looking at your banner ads so I can look at the government-provided weather maps that our taxes already pay for.

Yeah, I don't trust/put up with anything besides NOAA/NWS anymore.

This and this, which I keep in my bookmarks, are all I need. I'll analyze my own data. Get your cartoon clouds, green rain blobs, and solid color front lines off my maps. And I'm not looking at your banner ads so I can look at the government-provided weather maps that our taxes already pay for.

I switched to weather.gov a few weeks ago and won't be going back to weather.com. That place is everything that is wrong with reporting today.

Cool. More weather geeks.

You know you are really tweaking out on weather when you look forward to the post-storm analysis postings. Cool stuff. They post it in the local weather pages, usually the links for them are near the top of the page.

Cool. More weather geeks.

You know you are really tweaking out on weather when you look forward to the post-storm analysis postings. Cool stuff. They post it in the local weather pages, usually the links for them are near the top of the page.

I wanted to be a meteorologist for years. Grew up in an area that gets hit with tornadoes constantly, so a concern became an obsession.

Now I just nerd out over clouds, weather maps, analysis, and lots of pilot reports. I love the aviation aspect of it, mapping out where turbulence is reported compared to what satellite shows, mapping updrafts and jet stream etc. etc. etc. This had made me very annoying to fly with, I'm sure. Yay weather nerds!

Watching Olympic coverage, hearing Costas say the band ###### Riot three times in a row made my night.

Yes. He is so careful when he says it. You can hear his brain going "here it comes. the Word. On international tv. Alright now Bob, purse the lips aaand... there we go. Ok." I can't help but giggle.