Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

the past few weeks with the extreme below zero temperatures sun rise and sunset in my area a number of early mornings and evenings have featured "Sun Dogs" these rainbow like colors that arc on both sides of sun, beautiful they are awesome see.

When visible, sundogs are always seen horizontally just to the right or left of the sun. They look like a shiny, iridescent patch of cloud, about the size of the sun. In fact they're sometimes called mock suns because the real sun may be hidden behind a cloud. When sunlight, which is made up of all the colors of the spectrum, hits the ice crystals in the cloud, it bends a little. The ice crystal acts as a prism, separating the sunlight into different colors and forming a sundog. Rainbows are basically the same type of thing, except that in rainbows it is raindrops that serve as prisms instead of ice crystals.

the past few weeks with the extreme below zero temperatures sun rise and sunset in my area a number of early mornings and evenings have featured "Sun Dogs" these rainbow like colors that arc on both sides of sun, beautiful they are awesome see.

When visible, sundogs are always seen horizontally just to the right or left of the sun. They look like a shiny, iridescent patch of cloud, about the size of the sun. In fact they're sometimes called mock suns because the real sun may be hidden behind a cloud. When sunlight, which is made up of all the colors of the spectrum, hits the ice crystals in the cloud, it bends a little. The ice crystal acts as a prism, separating the sunlight into different colors and forming a sundog. Rainbows are basically the same type of thing, except that in rainbows it is raindrops that serve as prisms instead of ice crystals.

Sun dogs are really cool. One more reason to love Winter.

Sun dogs are really cool. One more reason to love Winter.

was thinking that today as i out and about. No doubt this winter thus far has been tough, but each season does have its beauty, we can spend our looking for the negative and find it, or we can look for the beautiful and find it. Looking out over a snow covered farm field, early morning - 25 f , sun dogs arcing around sun such a beautiful site. Mother 102 years old spending time together still experiencing such things together is such a privilege

My bad news train finally seems to have stopped in the station. I changed platforms and am finally on the good news train. I should get my car back tomorrow and I just got a raise at work! I'm working on a really cool new project too... Power Rangers stuff that's usually reserved for the top dudes in the office. I knew things couldn't be as bad as they were through the holidays and most of January and stay that way. Hope the good news train stops for all of you, too!

My bad news train finally seems to have stopped in the station. I changed platforms and am finally on the good news train. I should get my car back tomorrow and I just got a raise at work! I'm working on a really cool new project too... Power Rangers stuff that's usually reserved for the top dudes in the office. I knew things couldn't be as bad as they were through the holidays and most of January and stay that way. Hope the good news train stops for all of you, too!

Congrats on all that!!! glad to see it all looking up! :thumbsup:

Good for you. I have an interview tomorrow so hopefully the train stops at my station too.

Anytime you get a subaru back it's a good day.... I miss my SVX and my 5spd legacy.... I will be purchasing a new one soon.... #### student loans, the price of going to college (for any degree) is astonishing.... Being a single guy/no kids the taxes rape me and then after my student loan payments I'm near broke.... But glad to hear things are looking up for you :)

Good for you. I have an interview tomorrow so hopefully the train stops at my station too.

Good luck!!

So, I don't know about awesome, but, if any of you live in Rochester/Pittsford and have heard about the shooting at the McDonald's on Monroe ave, I'm the building next door and am looking right at it. I sit by the window so just I'm sitting here watching them place evidence markers and check under cars. We heard popping noises and made jokes about a shooting. And apparently there was. My boss went outside and talked to a detective, word is the sheriff shot the suspect in the parking lot. A female police officer was taken away in an ambulance. My car and several of my coworkers' cars are in the part of the parking lot that is cordoned off by a police tape perimeter.

Exciting times. I just hope everyone is ok. There were at least 15 cop cars here when it started a half hour or so ago. No sirens were used, so we just happened to look out and see a ton of flashing lights.

7N0k0If.jpg

sorry for potato phone quality.