Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Yep, it hasn't been used much recently but we had received 3 new telescopes a few years ago so we decided to take them out and get everything going again, and are in the process of making the club official. Real exciting.

Indeed, that IS awesome! 

I barely remember KOTOR at all. I would try to play it again, but it causes most computers created after 2006 to catch fire when you try to run it.

The part of the trailer that gave me the biggest tingles was the slow pan to reveal the crashed x wing and then the destroyer.

I'm wondering which upside down Super Star Destroyer the Falcon is flying into. In theory four were built by the Empire.

Wait, is Revan in this at all? That would increase my excitement 10x as he's a better character and story than anything the movies have churned out.

His mask is, which hopefully means more cool stuff like that.

This is what George didn't get about the prequels. Making adults feel like kids. He just decided he didn't care about that. He wanted to create new fans and totally missed the boat. 

It is interesting how kids of the original Star Wars (now adults) view the prequel, versus kids of the prequel generation.  My nephew loves the prequels a lot more than the originals, which is blasphemy to me.  Although, I have to admit, I viewed the prequels favorably for a view years before I couldn't live with lying to myself anymore.  The only one really worth watching is Episode 3.

I am pretty elitist when it comes to Star Wars, and view it as "my movie".  So there is a strong desire to have Abrams placate folks of my generation.  I could care less if my kids like it or not.  Its all about me this time!  There are few things in this world I generally like...Star Wars and Sabres are the big two.

It is interesting how kids of the original Star Wars (now adults) view the prequel, versus kids of the prequel generation.  My nephew loves the prequels a lot more than the originals, which is blasphemy to me.  Although, I have to admit, I viewed the prequels favorably for a view years before I couldn't live with lying to myself anymore.  The only one really worth watching is Episode 3.

I am pretty elitist when it comes to Star Wars, and view it as "my movie".  So there is a strong desire to have Abrams placate folks of my generation.  I could care less if my kids like it or not.  Its all about me this time!  There are few things in this world I generally like...Star Wars and Sabres are the big two.

I think I watched all the prequels only once. They just struck me as soul-less compared to the original trilogy. 

I think I watched all the prequels only once. They just struck me as soul-less compared to the original trilogy. 

And seeing Solo at the end give me the feeling that it will have that soul back.  I know he's so much older now and it's not fair to expect it from him, but so much of that soul from the originals comes directly from him.

If I had more access to Star Wars (as in I bothered to buy any of the discs), I'd probably be more into it. As it is, I watch more Star Trek since I can watch nearly all of it on Netflix whenever I feel like it. I remember going to Empire and Jedi when I was a little kid (I would have been too young to remember Ep 4). I saw Episode 1 in the theatre in Fredonia. After that, I had no reason to commit to seeing episodes 2 and 3. I did have Episode 2 on while I was cooking one night a few years ago, and the scene where Obi-wan is driving a speedster-type vehicle through a city making wise cracks for like an hour annoyed me enough (even when I wasn't paying attention) that I turned it off. That's the last time I saw anything Star Wars-related. I probably haven't seen the original Trilogy in at least 10 years.

My soon to Mrs bought me the complete 6 movie set on Blu-Ray for my birthday last year.  We then proceeded to watch them in order (chronological in the movies, not by year made).  She loved the older ones more, without me biasing her.  And now she's excited for the next movie.  She's the one who showed me the new trailer. 

On top of that, I've converted her to be a Bills and Sabres fan (casual, but she still has a jersey for each team).  I have found the ever so elusive one.  Boy am I lucky, and man is it awesome.  

My soon to Mrs bought me the complete 6 movie set on Blu-Ray for my birthday last year. We then proceeded to watch them in order (chronological in the movies, not by year made). She loved the older ones more, without me biasing her. And now she's excited for the next movie. She's the one who showed me the new trailer.

On top of that, I've converted her to be a Bills and Sabres fan (casual, but she still has a jersey for each team). I have found the ever so elusive one. Boy am I lucky, and man is it awesome.

I refuse to buy the new ones. All the updates are garbage. I wish I could get the 1997 release on DVD. It's the best one.

Ah, now it makes more sense.  I kind of like being one of very few from my school (not sure if Dave Dryden went there or not).  Like my mom always told me, I'm special.

Yup, you're a special, little snowflake.  Just like everyone else.   :P

That would be glorious. I want nothing to do with stupid Darth Vader "Noooooooooooo" shouts and the wrong Anakin in ROTJ.

Thanks to some googling, that does appear to be the case.  I'm not going to dig around enough to find a release date though (for all I know, they're already out).

Wait, is Revan in this at all? That would increase my excitement 10x as he's a better character and story than anything the movies have churned out.

It's just Revan's face gear. Plageius is alive. He played sidious and vader. They've started the empire for him. He now rules unchecked, or so he thinks. He has taken Solo's son as an apprentice. Kylo's "mask" is a gift from the master. Luke guards Revan's tomb waiting for his nephew to return for the darkest secrets of the Sith...

You know what's awesome? Connor McDavid.

If it’s me then I’ll be more than honored to go there – I’ll be so happy – but if it’s not then they’re going to get a very special player.

I'm not sure I could have a bigger man-crush. What an awesome player.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

D4rk just showed up in my Linkedin "you might know" feed. This leads to the following conclusions:

1. Linked is using NSA spy dragnet techniques to pair users, this forum is literally our only possible connection.
  2. The world is significantly smaller than I ever imagined.
  3. D4rk's linked in photo is amazing and needs to be the Default Avatar.

You weren't kidding about Linkedin being creepy. It just sent me an email to let me know biodork is on Linkedin  :lol: