Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

You run a dash cam?  LOL

That wreck had me delayed going home.  I could only stare longingly at my exit as I sat in a stopped line of traffic.

That's not my video, but I do think all drivers should have dashcams. Like in Russia. Just kidding, they're no required there, but if anything happens outside in Russia is was definitely captured on ten dashcams.

OMG what an idiot.

I have no words.

A couple of notes taken away from that incident. The Camaro is 99.99% a fault but the pickup was trying to "police" the dick head. It's not his place to do that. If you have a problem with his driving, dial 911. I'm sure they'd be happy to listen. It only made a bad situation worse.

As for The dashcam guy, when I see someone driving that aggressive, I back the off. I'm not going to end up eating someone's bumper because I wanted to watch an be an .

A couple of notes taken away from that incident. The Camaro ###### is 99.99% a fault but the pickup was trying to "police" the dick head. It's not his place to do that. If you have a problem with his driving, dial 911. I'm sure they'd be happy to listen. It only made a bad situation worse.

As for The dashcam guy, when I see someone driving that aggressive, I back the ###### off. I'm not going to end up eating someone's bumper because I wanted to watch an ###### be an ######.

I think the pickup should have overtaken the truck and moved right, but I do get the pickup driver's point.  I've been the pickup before.  I've been the Camaro before, too, in terms of anxiety but not in terms of stupidity.

As for the driver with the dash cam--did nothing wrong.  

I think the pickup should have overtaken the truck and moved right, but I do get the pickup driver's point.  I've been the pickup before.  I've been the Camaro before, too, in terms of anxiety but not in terms of stupidity.

agreed.  I won't fault the truck for holding his lane.  That Camaro didn't fit and was trying to force the issue. But, the truck def should have maintained speed and moved right after passing the semi.

Granted, the smarter, safer play is to just let the ###### in.

Edited by weave

I think the pickup should have overtaken the truck and moved right, but I do get the pickup driver's point. I've been the pickup before. I've been the Camaro before, too, in terms of anxiety but not in terms of stupidity.

Agreed across the board. Good chance he was getting closer to get a license plate -- my favorite move. If you're being a I will report your plate.

agreed.  I won't fault the truck for holding his lane.  That Camaro didn't fit and was trying to force the issue. But, the truck def should have maintained speed and moved right after passing the semi.

Granted, the smarter, safer play is to just let the ###### in.

I will say this, even though I do NOT think that's what happened here:  In a world of oversized SUVs, sometimes a normal car driver just wants to be able to see what's ahead, you know?  I don't think that's what was going on in this vid, though.

Agreed across the board. Good chance he was getting closer to get a license plate -- my favorite move. If you're being a ###### I will report your plate.

He was not moving closer.  If anything, he was smartly staying behind.

Not this douchebag in Batavia

Pickup truck driver needs to know his role. If you aren't passing in the passing lane, then get out of the passing lane. No sense in trying to be a big shot with a driver who is obviously not interested in anyone's safety. Camaro douche was already a big enough problem. I bet pickup truck guy thinks if more people had guns there'd be less crime. 

Pickup truck driver needs to know his role. If you aren't passing in the passing lane, then get out of the passing lane. No sense in trying to be a big shot with a driver who is obviously not interested in anyone's safety. Camaro douche was already a big enough problem. I bet pickup truck guy thinks if more people had guns there'd be less crime. 

Because he drives a truck?

I will say this, even though I do NOT think that's what happened here:  In a world of oversized SUVs, sometimes a normal car driver just wants to be able to see what's ahead, you know?  I don't think that's what was going on in this vid, though.

That scenario plays out over and over every day on that hill.  Tractor trailers struggle to maintain 60 on that hill and everyone gets impatient.  I had the exact same circumstance happen on my Friday ride home.  I'm in a line of cars in the left hand lane overtaking a semi on that very same hill.  In my rearview I see a Yukon Denali pull out of line and accelerate in the right hand lane to gain a handful of spots in line.  The reaction is immediate and almost automatic.  Everyone on the left tightens up because noone wants the impatient douche nozzle to win.  Sure enough, when his rear wheels are about even with my front bumper he starts to come into my lane.  Feck you.  I'm holding my line.  Not the smartest move, but I hate seeing the ###### win.  He ends up pulling in behind me, and I proceed to watch in my rearview mirror as he and the female passenger begin to argue.  I would have loved to have heard how that conversation went.

Edited by weave

I'm betting he was in the process of passing when that all went down.  But yeah, maintain passing speed and get over when you can.

I'm betting he was in the process of passing when that all went down.  But yeah, maintain passing speed and get over when you can.

The initial incident was all the Camaro. I don't fault the pickup for that at all. But you gotta recognize when you're messing with maniacs, and pacing that semi just to contain the Camaro was just stupid vigilante nonsense. 

The one the every day person knows.

L_468569_db8a8417.jpg

I'm fine with what the pickup did... An accident happened that didn't result in death, and the Camaro driver will be fined heavily and possibly lose his license or face jail time.

Better that than him do something similar and end up killing somebody. Hopefully it's a lesson learned.

I'm fine with what the pickup did... An accident happened that didn't result in death, and the Camaro driver will be fined heavily and possibly lose his license or face jail time.

Better that than him do something similar and end up killing somebody. Hopefully it's a lesson learned.

Unfortunately there is now a truck driver with an accident on his record.  They lose jobs that way.

There are signs all over the Thruway that say keep right except to pass.  Pickup truck needed to make his pass and move over, idiot in a Camaro or no.

Edited by weave