What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I think it's time to address a topic that has been of great concern to me over the eleven years since I returned to Buffalo.  Breakfast pizza.  Why and how did this become a thing?  Is it a thing outside of Buffalo?

I don't remember it from when I first lived here, only after I returned.

It is odd.  Sometimes workplaces have bagels or donuts as a morning surprise.  When I'm very lucky, it's watermelon.  Today, there is free breakfast pizza and I am ponderous.

I think it's time to address a topic that has been of great concern to me over the eleven years since I returned to Buffalo.  Breakfast pizza.  Why and how did this become a thing?  Is it a thing outside of Buffalo?

It is odd.  Sometimes workplaces have bagels or donuts as a morning surprise.  When I'm very lucky, it's watermelon.  Today, there is free breakfast pizza and I am ponderous.

Tops makes the best breakfast pizza. Hands down. 

I feel like it's a culinary evolutionary step that we needn't have taken.  

It's eggs, cheese and bacon on a large round piece of toast. Culinary Evolution is a complimentary term I don't think you where going for. Maybe we can call breakfast pizza pre-modern era, or dark age food ?

It's eggs, cheese and bacon on a large round piece of toast. Culinary Evolution is a complimentary term I don't think you where going for. Maybe we can call breakfast pizza pre-modern era, or dark age food ?

This is an interesting way of looking at it.  Also, my breakfast pizza had no eggs.  I think that's kind of sad.

It's delicious. Breakfast pizza with a little Franks.  :worthy:

We have only four sit down toilets for men and six for women, so no.

Eating Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt with Blueberries and Raw Honey drizzled in.....like desert in the AM!

See, if you gave me a choice between this and breakfast pizza, I'd take the breakfast pizza, but only because I hate blueberries.  Any other fruit, though, and I'm going for the yogurt.

Some people spell yogurt with an H.  "Yoghurt."  I think these people probably are ######.

Edited by Eleven

This is an interesting way of looking at it. Also, my breakfast pizza had no eggs. I think that's kind of sad.

We have only four sit down toilets for men and six for women, so no.

See, if you gave me a choice between this and breakfast pizza, I'd take the breakfast pizza, but only because I hate blueberries. Any other fruit, though, and I'm going for the yogurt.

Some people spell yogurt with an H. "Yoghurt." I think these people probably are ######.

No breakfast pizza for me either. i do love the plain Greek yogurt with fruit I throw in...just awesome

This is an interesting way of looking at it.  Also, my breakfast pizza had no eggs.  I think that's kind of sad.

We have only four sit down toilets for men and six for women, so no.

See, if you gave me a choice between this and breakfast pizza, I'd take the breakfast pizza, but only because I hate blueberries.  Any other fruit, though, and I'm going for the yogurt.

Some people spell yogurt with an H.  "Yoghurt."  I think these people probably are ######.

Breakfast pizza without egg isn't breakfast pizza. 

I don't go tailgating without a Tops breakfast pizza.  Nothing like a Budlight and a couple slices of breakfast pizza outside the Ralph at 9AM.

Wife wanted steak for dinner. I worked this morning so she went and got it. I told her to get a ribeye 1.5" thick. Plenty for just the two of us. She came home with a 2.5" thick roast.

Liberally salted and warming up on the board. Gonna try the indirect cook and sear last method. Serving with beet greens sauteed with garlic and a little chardonney, roasted beets, and roasted baby purple potatoes.

Wife wanted steak for dinner. I worked this morning so she went and got it. I told her to get a ribeye 1.5" thick. Plenty for just the two of us. She came home with a 2.5" thick roast.

Liberally salted and warming up on the board. Gonna try the indirect cook and sear last method. Serving with beet greens sauteed with garlic and a little chardonney, roasted beets, and roasted baby purple potatoes.

Well that sounds delicious.

Nothing special for me today, as I'm only cooking for one. Just some hot dogs and Tater tots.

I'm thinking bison burger for tomorrow.

The wife and kid come home on Sunday and I'm doing wagyu ribeyes! Every now and then you gotta splurge.

I freaking love ribeye.  Also, I agree with your prep -- liberal salting (I add a little pepper but not much -- it's really the salt that does the job).  I usually trim the bigger fat deposits before cooking, because it's still pretty marbled even after the trimming, but that's just a personal preference.

My report for this thread is that I made a pork shoulder in the smoker for the first time for a decent-sized group, and it was fantastic.  I think it might've been the best thing I've ever made in the smoker.

Here is the recipe that I used, in case anyone is interested:  http://whatscookingamerica.net/Pork/Pulled-Pork.htm

And the perfect side dish:  baked mac and cheese -- http://www.chow.com/recipes/30436-homerooms-classic-macaroni-and-cheese

I've got a fridge full of leftovers that I'm going to be grazing on for days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.