What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Honestly, this is my favourite thread. It's very entertaining to read how sophisti-macated y'all can get. Men who cook are awesome so keep up the good work...and stop being so hairy, and you're all good.

Anyways, I'm actually making something I can share today. Chicken lo mien for the adults and chicken Alfredo for the kiddies. Uhm, if I feel like it, I'll make apple crisp...but I'm not making any guarantees. Dessert is usually a green juice or smoothie.

And to add to the hot sauce talk, we're personally into the garlic peri peri sauce...it's great.

This is much much much more useful than talking about this team right now. Oh yeah, and I wanted to mention that I have access to a smokehouse full of smoked meat and barrels of sour cabbage every year. I'm surrounded by meatheads, for realz.

Honestly, this is my favourite thread. It's very entertaining to read how sophisti-macated y'all can get. Men who cook are awesome so keep up the good work...and stop being so hairy, and you're all good.

Anyways, I'm actually making something I can share today. Chicken lo mien for the adults and chicken Alfredo for the kiddies. Uhm, if I feel like it, I'll make apple crisp...but I'm not making any guarantees. Dessert is usually a green juice or smoothie.

And to add to the hot sauce talk, we're personally into the garlic peri peri sauce...it's great.

This is much much much more useful than talking about this team right now. Oh yeah, and I wanted to mention that I have access to a smokehouse full of smoked meat and barrels of sour cabbage every year. I'm surrounded by meatheads, for realz.

This belongs in the awesome thread.

I was surprised to recently find out that sriracha isn't synonymous with the 'rooster sauce', but rather there are many different brands of sriracha available.

The Best Sriracha

I kinda knew that, but only barely. More surprising was our Thai guide in Thailand was confused when I asked about it, and when she figured out what we were talking about said that they have it, but it's much different there. I don't remember seeing sriracha anywhere, but there was always a container of chilies and garlic on the table everywhere we went (somewhat like the other Huy Fong sauce).

Edited by MattPie

Brand new offering from a brewery just a stones throw from my house. They are saying its an ESB, but way too hop forward if that's the case. Still, its good to have another brewery within stumbling distance of my front door.

Edit: Bombshell beer company is the name.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Homemade pizza

Heavy application of garlic and oregano infused olive oil on the crust, 2/3 mozz / 1/3 parm mix, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, and banana peppers. 550 degree oven until everything is golden brown and bubbly.

Now its time to settle in with a glass of Buffalo Trace and egg nog.

Homemade pizza

Heavy application of garlic and oregano infused olive oil on the crust, 2/3 mozz / 1/3 parm mix, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, and banana peppers. 550 degree oven until everything is golden brown and bubbly.

Now its time to settle in with a glass of Buffalo Trace and egg nog.

Very simliar here. I opened a box and plated it. It came with crust-infused crust, pepperoni, banana peppers, tomato sauce, and a 2/3-1/3 mix of mozzarella and provolone, in some order. I have no idea about the oven, but I did tip the girl $3, out of respect for Inkman.

Edited by Eleven

Watching Leafs -Hawks snuck into kitchen cut a few big chunks o tonight's roast beef , cut off hunk of cheddar 4 slices of bread ladies just made in barn watching eating a few great sandwiches and a few Milano Canadians

Holy Milano Canadians what are those eh

"Molson canadian tall boys "

What does that even mean, for you? Three days ago, you thought Nick's was "food."

I would never eat Tahou's. Overrated.

That said, it's going to be a long long time before I have a garbage plate again.

Tonight I managed some baked chicken and vegetables. Definitely a step up from pretzels and ginger ale. Holy crap I still feel awful though.

I would never eat Tahou's. Overrated.

That said, it's going to be a long long time before I have a garbage plate again.

Tonight I managed some baked chicken and vegetables. Definitely a step up from pretzels and ginger ale. Holy crap I still feel awful though.

Ok now I'm confused. I thought garbage plates came from Nick Tahou's and Nick Tahou's alone. (It's definitely the only place I have had one, and that was a long time ago.)

Ok now I'm confused. I thought garbage plates came from Nick Tahou's and Nick Tahou's alone. (It's definitely the only place I have had one, and that was a long time ago.)

Tahou is only the Anchor Bar of GPs, as I understand it. There are lots of other places, and a few versions. I've never had one, since half the stuff on it I don't want to eat (aversion to mayo and cold, starchy "salads").

Edited by MattPie

Tahou is only the Anchor Bar of GPs, as I understand it. There are lots of other places, and a few versions. I've never had one, since half the stuff on it I don't want to eat (aversion to mayo and cold, starchy "salads").

I never thought anyone would try to imitate that thing.

Yup. The garbage plate can be had pretty much anywhere in Rochester, although Nick Tahou's has the trademark on calling it a "garbage plate". Henrietta Hots is where I get mine (or used to...). I like Mozzeroni's plate and Sticky Lips BBQ plate might be the best around.

Yup. The garbage plate can be had pretty much anywhere in Rochester, although Nick Tahou's has the trademark on calling it a "garbage plate". Henrietta Hots is where I get mine (or used to...). I like Mozzeroni's plate and Sticky Lips BBQ plate might be the best around.

During my short year and a half stint living in Rochester, we use to get plates at a place that I think was called Marks (?)... on Monroe or thereabouts?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.