My guess Darcy gets blown out

beerme1

It is unlikely, but maybe Mr. Pegula could convince Scotty's son to come home from Chicago.

Highly unlikely.

It would go something like this...

TP- "Hey Stan how are you?"

SB- "Hello Terry, quite a beating we gave you guys last night. Are you calling about the Guastad injury?"

TP- "No actually Stan we were wondering if you would be intersted in coming back to Buffalo to help straighten this thing out"

SB- "Ummm, Umm I gotta go I'm helping my kids with their homework Terry. Good luck in your search."

TP- "Stan don't go. Please", "I have a Jet" "Stan are you still there?"

Well Carp I never said you nor Shrader were afraid of anything. Many people and Darcy (it would seem)are though and this team and their fanbase need to move on from that. This team will never succeed with that thinking.

Yeah, my bad on that one. It was one of those cases where I started reading a post and decided my reply before I actually read the whole thing. Probably stopped reading right before you said "I'm not talking about you Shrader ..." It seemed like you were responding directly to our discussion. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Cody McCormick contract....

Don't get me wrong, he is a pretty good scrapper for a middleweight, but why was he signed to a 3 year deal for 1.2 mil per season when he was making 500k the previous two years? If he had signed a deal with a modest increase(say 700-800k per year), that would have seemed more in line. I know we are only talking about 500k difference in cap space, but for a team that is right up against the cap, this money may have come in handy.

This is just another case of DR not being able to determine market value. Anyone remember when he gave Peters a 2 year, one way deal?

Any moves DR makes between now and the deadline should be to sell pending FA's for picks or prospects, and even then I hope Black/Sawyer/Benson approve any moves he wants to make. The Sabres last game in on Sat 4/7. Press conference to announce Darcy's firing should be on Mon 4/9.

Cody McCormick contract....

Don't get me wrong, he is a pretty good scrapper for a middleweight, but why was he signed to a 3 year deal for 1.2 mil per season when he was making 500k the previous two years? If he had signed a deal with a modest increase(say 700-800k per year), that would have seemed more in line. I know we are only talking about 500k difference in cap space, but for a team that is right up against the cap, this money may have come in handy.

This is just another case of DR not being able to determine market value. Anyone remember when he gave Peters a 2 year, one way deal?

Any moves DR makes between now and the deadline should be to sell pending FA's for picks or prospects, and even then I hope Black/Sawyer/Benson approve any moves he wants to make. The Sabres last game in on Sat 4/7. Press conference to announce Darcy's firing should be on Mon 4/9.

Even worse... anyone remember when he picked Andrew Peters in the 2nd round, 34th overall?! (that's ahead of guys like Brad Richards, Mike Fisher, Erik Cole, and Brian Gionta to name a few)

Even worse... anyone remember when he picked Andrew Peters in the 2nd round, 34th overall?! (that's ahead of guys like Brad Richards, Mike Fisher, Erik Cole, and Brian Gionta to name a few)

No I didn't remember. Thanks a whole hell of alot for reminding me.

I like Peters, but to select him ahead of any of those others ... DR should have been fired then!!

No I didn't remember. Thanks a whole hell of alot for reminding me.

I like Peters, but to select him ahead of any of those others ... DR should have been fired then!!

Well then fire every single GM in hockey because that same kind of statement can be made about ~95% of all players in the league.

Well then fire every single GM in hockey because that same kind of statement can be made about ~95% of all players in the league.

To be fair haven't all the others been fired since then? :rolleyes:

I'm kind of curious now, but not curious enough to actually look it up. I know Ken Holland's been around just as long.

Lamoriello is in his 25th season(New Jersey)

Regier is in his 16th season

Holland is in his 15th season(Detroit)

Pleau is in his 15th season(St. Louis)

McPhee is in his 15th season(Washington)

Poile is in his 14th season(Nashville)

Except for the two obvious ones the others have very similar track records as DR.

Thanks for that. How could I forget about Lou? Anyway, that Nashville scenario is by far the most interesting one. They've never had another coach or GM.

Archived