My guess Darcy gets blown out

beerme1

It's as simple as Pegs saying..."I was wrong. Things are not working out. Something had to change. We need results."

It is as simple as that.

I must have missed the uproar when Carolina traded away Kaberle. A high priced free agent signed this year. Carolina was strong enough to admit that they made a mistake, not afraid that they will never be able to sign another free agent like posters here claim.

I don't want them throwing in the towel right now, dump payroll and work out problems during the offseason. In a league where 75% of the teams have a mathematical shot at the playoffs with 15 games left in the season, I don't want them to ride the season out and the rest of the games be meaningless. While I think our shot at the playoffs are slim to none (closer to none) I want them to make changes NOW that may spark the team if nothing else give them a guideline for the offseason where said changes has led them. If it means a new coach, I think it's important for the new coach to finish the season out so he knows where they need to go. If it means a new GM so he can decide what to do with the coach and roster, the same thing goes. If it means trades then it will give the new players time to gel and see how they fit in with the team and what they need to address during the offseason. Throwing in the towel and riding the rest of the season out status quo will just mean next year will be an evaluation year because the new staff would be green. It is possible to make immediate changes that can benefit next year and still give fans a slight hope that there is something left of this year; at least giving the fans the impression they tried to salvage what little is left. Yes it makes sense to wait to deal when demand is higher, but I see that as the only options for teams that have no potential and have decided to rebuild. This team doesn't need to rebuild, it just needs some serious work. Rebuilding usually takes two to three years (unless you pull some massive deals like Tallon did here in FL) and I'm not sure I want to wait that long to make the playoffs again.

Then who do you propose they trade. I think the only guy with value is Myers and he's the only player on this entire team (starting lineup) I would not consider trading. Allegedly, when they called about Getzlaf, Myers was the only one mentioned.

Archived