Scoreboard Watching!

deluca67

It's called the Ennis line thank you very much :P

You can call it that. You can call it just about anything you want except for "the Stafford line." Good Lord, I can't wait until that squirmy jerk is gone.

Another thing in the Sabres' favor is the fact that Philly kicks the poop out of the Pens in the Pens' arena, so their fight for home-ice won;t be so brutal.

It all starts tomorrow night and I believe the Sabres will play like a team possessed after the last two losses. They should come out and play like their hair is on fire.

It all starts tomorrow night and I believe the Sabres will play like a team possessed after the last two losses. They should come out and play like their hair is on fire.

If I'm Ruff and they don't come out like their hair is on fire, I literally set it on fire during intermission.

What the Sabres better possess is goaltending even better than during their big run, because they're gonna be out their best 2 d-men. And the drop-off in this team's d-core is glaringly large, as evidenced by the last 2 games.

It's a turtle derby...but still a race!

It very well may be a turtle race but do you remember what the snail said when he rode on the turtle's back?

"WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I'm that snail.

GO SABRES!!!

Any word on if Myers is able to go or should I say, has be already been ruled out?

Last I heard it sounded like he might go later in the week, so he's probably out for tomorrow. :( We can hope, though!

Man, I was supposed to be getting work done tonight since I knew tomorrow would be a lost cause, and instead I've been obsessively watching NHL Network and refreshing SabreSpace. D'oh.

Edit: damn iPad keyboard. I swear I haven't been drinking (much)...

This might turn out to be a good thing for the Sabres. We are coming off two bad losses which we could've won if we tried just a little harder. We faceoff against a playoff-less toronto team on our home ice, being our last home game of the season. Then we play Philly who is decimated with injuries, and finally we play Boston who will have the #2 locked up by the time we are in Boston saturday.

It works out in our favor with Washington too (kinda). They play Florida at the Verizon Center on Thursday. Florida hasn't been to the playoffs since the Canadiens last won the stanley cup or something (exaggeration) and Florida will also be playing to hold the SouthWest Division lead. That game will not be a pushover for the Caps, expect Florida to come out hot. And for the CAps last game of the year they play @ the Rangers who could be battling Vancouver and St. Louis for the presidents trophy... Just think of when we played Washington 6 years ago and beat them the last day of the season for the presidents curse trophy

I think we need Florida to lose tonight, and obviously us to win. If Florida win then they lock the number 3 seed, and i don't think that would be good. If they lose then they play the caps with 3 points separating them and 1 game remaining (after that game) - thus if the caps win, then florida might lose their top spot, that should motivate them. They would also probably like to clinch against their rivals.

Stamkos is my hero. Scoring with 63 seconds to go to win the game. We all owe him big. We need to play big, we are still in this.

I'm going to repeat my general disgust shown the other night in the Leafs game... Some day (for some of you) - maybe your nads will drop and you'll be able to stomach a few minutes of uncertainity before raising your white flags. Which really are nothing more than crap-stained tighty-whities...

:lol:

Florida HAS to lose tonight. If they win, Caps very well might play last 2 games against teams who don't give a crap. Florida Caps HAS to have meaning on Thursday.....

It's true and I'd prefer Winnipeg win tonight because it also provides another potential team to catch in the Panthers, though unlikely. But Tampa had nothing to play for last night but still won puck battles in the corners like they were playing for their playoff lives. I have no faith in the Caps heart or hockey intelligence and last night was a perfect example. The Jets have a lot to play for, on the other hand. All those fans in Manitoba and a little pride heading into the offseason. Honestly, I'm expecting an entertaining game. Hopefully it ends in regulation.

It's true and I'd prefer Winnipeg win tonight because it also provides another potential team to catch in the Panthers, though unlikely. But Tampa had nothing to play for last night but still won puck battles in the corners like they were playing for their playoff lives. I have no faith in the Caps heart or hockey intelligence and last night was a perfect example. The Jets have a lot to play for, on the other hand. All those fans in Manitoba and a little pride heading into the offseason. Honestly, I'm expecting an entertaining game. Hopefully it ends in regulation.

i think Florida losing in OT while not ideal, is still okay. Then 4 up, but Caps have tie breaker..i dunno.

Maybe if Florida wins the wind goes out of the Caps hopes to get the #3 seed..and that shows in their effort..like i said, idunno

i think Florida losing in OT while not ideal, is still okay. Then 4 up, but Caps have tie breaker..i dunno.

Maybe if Florida wins the wind goes out of the Caps hopes to get the #3 seed..and that shows in their effort..like i said, idunno

I think this situation would be ideal. The caps have been an up and down team all year, so it's hard to gauge which team is going to show up which night(s). The last 3 games for both teams (Buffalo and Washington) are all winnable games, it just comes down to who is more motivated, and who can stay focused for 5 more days.

With the Caps playing Florida and the Rangers, there would seem to be a pretty good likelihood that the Caps won't come away with 4 points. I'd guess it's in the 50% to 65% likelihood, although I'd be curious to hear others' views on this.

That would mean that the Sabres have a 50% to 65% chance to get in IF they run the table.

I have a hard time being confident about this team running the table, but it's possible.

With the Caps playing Florida and the Rangers, there would seem to be a pretty good likelihood that the Caps won't come away with 4 points. I'd guess it's in the 50% to 65% likelihood, although I'd be curious to hear others' views on this.

That would mean that the Sabres have a 50% to 65% chance to get in IF they run the table.

I have a hard time being confident about this team running the table, but it's possible.

Some have said the Rangers will have nothing to play for, but I can't imagine they'd be too happy about losing the last game of the year to the team they would open the playoffs against. It's a very minor motivation, but it's something.

Some have said the Rangers will have nothing to play for, but I can't imagine they'd be too happy about losing the last game of the year to the team they would open the playoffs against. It's a very minor motivation, but it's something.

If the scenario plays out and the Caps need that game to get in, I can't think of a better way for a #1 seed to prepare for playoff hockey than to close out the season of a team playing for their survival. Also, if they lie down it could give the Caps some bulletin board material.

With Sabres win and Cats OT loss, Sabres magic number now stands at 5 v the Caps. If the Caps are pricks and win out, the Sabres can still get ahead of the Cats with 8 points. We are definitely pulling for Caps/Cats to be a 2 point game.

Sabres directly control 4 of the 5 (or 8).

I honestly hope the caps get no more points but if they split the games then that is the best the sabres can hope for. Honestly the concern is not will the Rangers show up but what if the Rangers would rather play the caps. They could choose their first round opponent and I am inclined to think they would rather see Washington than a Sabres team that played close games with them all season. Florida needs to be super motivated and win. They might be just that after their recent loss. If Florida can beat the Caps and we can win on Thursday as well I think we could make it but its going to be close.

Archived