What has happened to this franchise?

LabattBlue

Not trying to be that guy that's always posting rumors but this sounds legit (at least somewhat)

helenenothelen Helene Elliott

just had chat with Ducks GM Bob Murray. says he has two untouchables--Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu--but anyone else is in play. Says he's

not rebuilding and seeking draft picks. if he trades a core player, it would be for another core-type player

Soooo Getzlaf could fix this problem.

Must...resist...

Not trying to be that guy that's always posting rumors but this sounds legit (at least somewhat)

just had chat with Ducks GM Bob Murray. says he has two untouchables--Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu--but anyone else is in play. Says he's

not rebuilding and seeking draft picks. if he trades a core player, it would be for another core-type player

Soooo Getzlaf could fix this problem.

Oh no. Here it comes.

(Helene Elliott is legit, though.)

Must...resist...

We are powerless against the coming tidal wave of BS.

Draft picks and Amerks. Throw in Roy too.

Away we go...

I'm just going to get out in front of this one: any trade proposal for Getzlaf that doesn't include either Myers or Vanek is nonsense and a waste of everyone's time.

I agree.

I don't know the reason for Getzlaf's struggles this year, but assuming it's nothing more than "everything is going wrong with Anaheim this year", and he can return to being a PPG player, I have no problem trading away major assets...and I'll include Miller as another option. There are no untradeable players on this roster when you are talking about a player of Getzlaf's caliber.

I agree.

I don't know the reason for Getzlaf's struggles this year, but assuming it's nothing more than "everything is going wrong with Anaheim this year", and he can return to being a PPG player, I have no problem trading away major assets...and I'll include Miller as another option. There are no untradeable players on this roster when you are talking about a player of Getzlaf's caliber.

I too would have no problem trading Miller in a package for Getzlaf, although I like Miller.

To be clear, though, Miller is not a substitute for Myers or Vanek in my statement above. Anaheim will not trade Getzlaf if they don't get Myers or Vanek back in return.

Going back to some of the earlier posts in this thread about the lack of atmosphere at Sabre games... At the risk of being redundant, Buffalonians have always been a notoriously tough sell. Sabre fans evidently require more excitement to get on a roll than this team is willing to give. This edition of the Sabres is lacking in a number of areas that could light a fire under the FNC crowd:

1) Hitting - There have been a number of times watching this team where I just wanted to scream "Hit somebody!!". Sure, there have been a few board-shakers thrown by Regehr, McNabb and even one or two by Gerbe. But for the most part, stick-checking seems to be the rule. I can see that in pee-wee hockey games. This is the NHL.

2) Scoring - There hasn't been nearly enough. In fact, lately, no Sabre seems to even be able to get a shot through to the net. Even if you don't actually score, getting up-close scoring chances is exciting and will definitely get the crowd going. Shots from the half-wall, not so much.

3) Fighting - Not that there has to be (or should be) a fight in every game, but the anticipation of a good old dust-up certainly will create a buzz. Yeah, there are guys on this team that will drop them, but what current Sabre player instills fear in any opponent? Other teams have already demonstrated that they have no fear of anyone wearing the crossed swords, as evidenced by our goaltenders being run time and again. Just about every other team in the league (or at least the ones doing well) have at least one player that no opponent wants to mess with. Some teams have several. What player in their right mind would think of suckering Lucic or Carcillo? You know if you do, that an a$$-kicking is waiting for you around the corner. And those guys are not just "enforcers". They play defense and they kick in some offense as well. There was hope that Kassian was going to be this kind of player for the Sabres, but I've yet to see him come close to throwing a punch (and the hits have been few and far-between as well.)

Any improvement on the ice should kick up the excitement level in the arena. How to get that done (as evidenced above) is up for discussion....

I too would have no problem trading Miller in a package for Getzlaf, although I like Miller.

To be clear, though, Miller is not a substitute for Myers or Vanek in my statement above. Anaheim will not trade Getzlaf if they don't get Myers or Vanek back in return.

Goodbye Vanek then. I'm not clamoring to get rid of him but I am clamoring for major changes.

Goodbye Vanek then. I'm not clamoring to get rid of him but I am clamoring for major changes.

I would like to see what Vanek can do with a real center.. Myers, Roy and a prospect or one of the kids (Gerbe, Ennis). 5.3 million in and at least 5.3 out

If we were going to get Getzlaf, I'm not sure if I would prefer Vanek or Myers to be traded. Good thing I'll never have to worry about it.

Given the choice, I'd rather send Myers packing. We have a glut of defensemen but Vanek and Pominville have been our only wingers who have shown they can put the puck in the net with any consistency. Getting Getzlaf to center those guys would give us one of the best top lines in the NHL.

Given the choice, I'd rather send Myers packing. We have a glut of defensemen but Vanek and Pominville have been our only wingers who have shown they can put the puck in the net with any consistency. Getting Getzlaf to center those guys would give us one of the best top lines in the NHL.

Until the Injury Bug Strikes again :death:

I'm just going to get out in front of this one: any trade proposal for Getzlaf that doesn't include either Myers or Vanek is nonsense and a waste of everyone's time.

I would like to see what Vanek can do with a real center.. Myers, Roy and a prospect or one of the kids (Gerbe, Ennis). 5.3 million in and at least 5.3 out

:wallbash:

:wallbash:

Do you want to post again how Roy plus other stuff is a fair trade for Getzlaf and then again claim you didn't do so?

To be clear: if you have something to say about why it should be Myers and not Vanek, or vice-versa, then have at it. But pretending the Sabres can get Getzlaf for an underperforming loser like Roy plus prospects/picks is nonsense on its face and I (and others, I suspect) will call you on it every time -- especially when you later pretend you didn't do so.

But pretending the Sabres can get Getzlaf for an underperforming loser like Roy plus prospects/picks is nonsense

Here's an interesting thought: if Darcy were to somehow pull off a Roy+ trade for Getzlaf would anyone still want him fired? Discuss.

Myers, I still believe, could win a Norris trophy some day and we have no other top end talent on defense (Regehr is only getting older and Ehrhoff is good but isn't a no.1 defensman, Myers still could be).

I don't think Getzlaf is the answer to all our problems anyway. We added 3 players in the offseason and we are in this position now, so the solution is to change the team more but trading more?

Archived