What has happened to this franchise?

LabattBlue

Here's an interesting thought: if Darcy were to somehow pull off a Roy+ trade for Getzlaf would anyone still want him fired? Discuss.

If that were to happen I would put it on par with the previous Briere for Gratton type deals. Who you give up in this situation doesn't much matter because you got the best player in the deal by far. I would give him until the end of the year to see what the team looks like.

Do you want to post again how Roy plus other stuff is a fair trade for Getzlaf and then again claim you didn't do so?

To be clear: if you have something to say about why it should be Myers and not Vanek, or vice-versa, then have at it. But pretending the Sabres can get Getzlaf for an underperforming loser like Roy plus prospects/picks is nonsense on its face and I (and others, I suspect) will call you on it every time -- especially when you later pretend you didn't do so.

The Buffalo Sabres could IMHO trade Derek Roy plus a top prospect and a high pick for Ryan Getzlaf. I have never denied nor will I ever deny saying that.

As you seem to be a fan of Goals being the most important indicator of a player I give stats:

Goals Per Game Average:

Roy: 0.299

Vanek: 0.437

Getzlaf: 0.282

Now as for Points Per Game Average:

Roy: 0.801

Vanek: 0.836

Getzlaf: 0.940

Tyler Myers is a franchise player IMO. He has the ability to make this team better with his mere presence and is only in his 3rd year. Shea Weber's game did not stabilize until his 4th year and he was older than Myers at that time as well. I would rather draft and develop a center than trade Tyler Myers let alone trading Myers and Ennis and a prospect. Also I see no way for Anaheim to trade Getzlaf without taking a center back in trade as Koivu will be a UFA and is getting older and they need someone to center Ryan and Perry. Roy would fit IMHO btw those two players. Suggesting that Roy in no way compares to Getzlaf is in fact a lie. Is he not as good? Yes. Is Getzlaf better? Yes. Saying I have denied suggesting you could trade Roy as part of a Getzlaf deal is a lie. I denied starting, propagating, and otherwise rumor mongering trade rumors about Getzlaf.

- Thank you for your time.

The Buffalo Sabres could IMHO trade Derek Roy plus a top prospect and a high pick for Ryan Getzlaf. I have never denied nor will I ever deny saying that.

As you seem to be a fan of Goals being the most important indicator of a player I give stats:

Goals Per Game Average:

Roy: 0.299

Vanek: 0.437

Getzlaf: 0.282

Now as for Points Per Game Average:

Roy: 0.801

Vanek: 0.836

Getzlaf: 0.940

Tyler Myers is a franchise player IMO. He has the ability to make this team better with his mere presence and is only in his 3rd year. Shea Weber's game did not stabilize until his 4th year and he was older than Myers at that time as well. I would rather draft and develop a center than trade Tyler Myers let alone trading Myers and Ennis and a prospect. Also I see no way for Anaheim to trade Getzlaf without taking a center back in trade as Koivu will be a UFA and is getting older and they need someone to center Ryan and Perry. Roy would fit IMHO btw those two players. Suggesting that Roy in no way compares to Getzlaf is in fact a lie. Is he not as good? Yes. Is Getzlaf better? Yes. Saying I have denied suggesting you could trade Roy as part of a Getzlaf deal is a lie. I denied starting, propagating, and otherwise rumor mongering trade rumors about Getzlaf.

- Thank you for your time.

Do you want to post again how Roy plus other stuff is a fair trade for Getzlaf and then again claim you didn't do so?

To be clear: if you have something to say about why it should be Myers and not Vanek, or vice-versa, then have at it. But pretending the Sabres can get Getzlaf for an underperforming loser like Roy plus prospects/picks is nonsense on its face and I (and others, I suspect) will call you on it every time -- especially when you later pretend you didn't do so.

Ahem. Speaking as a poster who's not been involved in this so far:

Please. Give. This. ######. A. Rest. It's boring, annoying and DOMINATES any thread its a part of.

Please!

No. Playoff production is the most important indicator. Why don't you check Getzlaf vs. Roy on that one in the last 5 years and report back?

While you're at it, please come up with some reasons that Anaheim would, for a second, consider trading a 26-year-old, 6'4", 221-pound center who has been the best forward on a cup winner, is a great playoff producer and had 76 points or more in 3 of the last 4 years for a 28-year-old, 5'8, 188-pound center who is terrible in the playoffs, makes his teammates worse and has one season with 76 points or better in the last 4 years.

As I said, the idea is nonsense, as is the claim that you denied proposing it.

Myers, I still believe, could win a Norris trophy some day and we have no other top end talent on defense (Regehr is only getting older and Ehrhoff is good but isn't a no.1 defensman, Myers still could be).

I don't think Getzlaf is the answer to all our problems anyway. We added 3 players in the offseason and we are in this position now, so the solution is to change the team more but trading more?

I am not sure Getzlaf is an answer, but definetly an upggrade. But other top talent have to include McNabb the way he is developing and Kassian. There are others possibly, but I would easily give up Roy Stafford and a prospect for Getzlaf in a heart beat.

No. Playoff production is the most important indicator. Why don't you check Getzlaf vs. Roy on that one in the last 5 years and report back?

While you're at it, please come up with some reasons that Anaheim would, for a second, consider trading a 26-year-old, 6'4", 221-pound center who has been the best forward on a cup winner, is a great playoff producer and had 76 points or more in 3 of the last 4 years for a 28-year-old, 5'8, 188-pound center who is terrible in the playoffs, makes his teammates worse and has one season with 76 points or better in the last 4 years.

As I said, the idea is nonsense, as is the claim that you denied proposing it.

My original proposal was Roy, McNabb and a 2nd maybe a first for Getzlaf. I am not denying it. I also have suggested that they would not make a straight up trade for Roy. I have also included Roy V Getzlaf's ppga as well as gpga in an effort to demonstrate that Getzlaf is superior. You are attempting to bate me, unfortunately today it will not work.

Playoff Numbers at your request:

PPGA

Roy: 0.610

Vanek: 0.555

Getzlaf: 0.855

GPGA

Roy: 0.171

Vanek: 0.417

Getzlaf: 0.290

Derek is smaller in stature and he plays the game differently than Getzlaf, but I still think after seeing how Anaheim is built that Roy centering Ryan and Perry would actually be a good thing. Just like Getzlaf centering Vanek or Ennis and Pommers or (random RW) would be a good thing. They bring different things to the table. I am sorry but statistically when it comes to points they are similar which is why in my humble opinion the trade is plausible. Now it could take something more to make this trade work and I obviously do not know what Anaheim's feelings are about either player but Getzlaf's -19 is something that could be a factor or it could not. Money is also a factor as Roy makes 1.3mil less. I stand by what I said. Derek is statistically similar to Getzlaf.

edit: Note I used their career playoff stats as I believe it is a better indicator (larger sample size) than relegating Roy to the 1 bad playoff he had plus a game. Also apologies to those who read this 5 minutes ago I hit the wrong number the first time I did Roy's stats but its all fixed now.

I am not sure Getzlaf is an answer, but definetly an upggrade. But other top talent have to include McNabb the way he is developing and Kassian. There are others possibly, but I would easily give up Roy Stafford and a prospect for Getzlaf in a heart beat.

Give up, I think we'll have to hand this thread to nfreeman vs LGR4GM soon.

I'm starting to believe that unless you start at the top we won't get any better. Certainly the fanbase won't buy into much until DR and LR are shown the door, of that I'm sure now. Also why would any player want to come to the quietest city in hockey? Not a dig at the fans, backs up my point about management I think.

Myers, I still believe, could win a Norris trophy some day and we have no other top end talent on defense (Regehr is only getting older and Ehrhoff is good but isn't a no.1 defensman, Myers still could be).

I don't think Getzlaf is the answer to all our problems anyway. We added 3 players in the offseason and we are in this position now, so the solution is to change the team more but trading more?

Anyone notice how Leopold has stepped up over the last five games?

This is funny ... I think his real name is Tricky Dicky.

He died a while ago... :w00t:

I am still not sure I want to dump the coach before I see what this team can do with a real top center and maybe one more. I think the D has taken and often does take longer to mesh than people realize. Once again the biggest problem has been a lack of talent in the center position on the top two lines and until that gets resolved the Sabres are not going anywhere and that lays squarely at the feet of Marcy Darcy. The Sabres need to make it happen and despite Darcy's signing of Erhoff, as I stated I don't know how many times last summer, they did not get a number one center.

I don't care how, trade, draft, but don't wait... do it.

wonder if Roy, Ennis, and swapping a higher draft pick for a lower Ducks pick would do it.

Roy could help them now and Ennis could be a steal for them out west. Whats left on Getz contract anyhow?

The Ducks would be giving up a center with size, that hits, for two smallish forwards, that would be a hard sell.

I say offer Myers if that's what it takes to get Getzlaf. It's time to stop thinking small. If you want real change it's going to cost a heavy price. I say pay it.

I quess you missed the point. See Paul Gaustad for a hint.

I figured it was a dig. All of your posts are.

Now you don't want Goose because he isn't much of a player but good on faceoffs.

But you want Getzlaf and Ryan because they're good but suck on faceoffs.

Got it.

I figured it was a dig. All of your posts are.

Now you don't want Goose because he isn't much of a player but good on faceoffs.

But you want Getzlaf and Ryan because they're good but suck on faceoffs.

Got it.

I guess I could just wrap "all my posts" in sexual innuendo. :blink:

Archived