Philadelphia at Buffalo (12/7/2011, 7:30pm)

Corp000085

certainly not blaming the refs but if you're the sabres you have to be thinking "WTF." They get torn up in the media and are the laughing stock of the league for being pushovers and not defending your goaltender/team mates... then they stick up for their team mates and are penalized for it. They get a 1 min PP for that fiasco in Nashville and Ellis gets an instigator penalty for fighting the guy who nailed Gerbe with a dirty hit? I guess it was the right call but come on, it's not like it was Kassian or Kaleta forcing the guy to fight -- it was a non fighter doing his job and sticking up for a team mate. No way he should have got an instigator in my opinion. We see at least one fight every few games and theres' NEVER and instigator called... they just decide to call it against buffalo?

I didn't like their energy at the beginning of the first, but they got through it. It's as if the end-of-period goal stunned them.

If the goal stunned them, then Tropp's fight should have shook them out of it. The sad fact is Philly is a far better team that rolls four and wears us down. Shades of the playoffs.

GO SABRES!!!

Flyers are hitting the Buffalo zone on the counterattack like they're shot out of a cannon. Our players look like they spent everything in the first period. The intensity and skating are gone. Frustrating because Bryzgalov looks shaky.

I agree and I'm actually surprised, considering Pegula made the comment when he bought the team that he was going to get them better coaching for skating or what ever it takes to make them better.

I've been a Regier detractor for a number of years now. But, at this point, and I've been a strong Lindy supporter, it may be time for a coaching change.

This is the first game I have seen the Sabres play in a while.

Nothing has changed!

Good energy in the first period then absolutely dead in the second.

I expect to see mistakes by the "kids", but Gerbe and Ennis no longer qualify as newbies and both had terrible giveaways leading to goals.

Miller saved their bacon in the first, but since the hit he seems a little less focused, and there is no margin for error.

Old maxim in hockey- if a team scores on you in the last minute of a period, you likely will not win the game. Looks like it's going to hold true again.

Let's see if Zen Master Ruff can get through to them for the third...

4 shots on goal in a period

Let's hope it's not followed by a 3 shot period like vs Nashville. there's no excuse coming off 3 days rest that they should be looking as lethargic as they are. A early goal can change the tempo and get them back on top.

Archived