Philadelphia at Buffalo (12/7/2011, 7:30pm)

Corp000085

Good to see the Sabres taking advantage of their few opportunities, and playing a genuinely physical game.

Very happy Tropp strapped on his sack, and The Animal got a goal.

I am concerned they're getting trapped in their own zone. Someone is not doing their job in the D zone but I can't figure out exactly what is going on with that.

Absolutely! No way Lindy sends him back down. ... right?

GO SABRES!!!

Is it one of those things like when Myers was a rookie where if he plays 13 games then he loses a restricted year of free agency? The guy looks ready and I would keep him up but I'm just curious.

Finally home and able to watch on TV; from what I saw sporadically during period 1: Refs are calling it right, but (1) they missed a couple of Roy slashes on the same play and (2) it's always subject to change once they sit for fifteen and realize that one team got most of the penalties, even if deserved.

Also, Miller, with a nice almost-slash on some Filly leg who came at him. Miller needs to be a little more Billy Smith than he is, and that's good. He doesn't need to go FULL Smith, but just get a little of it in him.

Score on the Sabres at the end? The Sabres will punch you. I liked that quite a bit.

Archived