Philadelphia at Buffalo (12/7/2011, 7:30pm)

Corp000085

Horrible play by MAG, but in his defense he does lead the team in +/- by a pretty good margin and is a rookie. So hopefully he learns from this...

We certainly miss Myers and Leo in 4-on-4 situations. In some sense, Lindy had no choice but to put MAG out there in OT.

I just don't get it...after the first 19:59, this team completely stopped skating. They were lazy, made piss-poor passes and looked generally disinterested.

On another note, I am further convinced that interference is no longer a penalty in the NHL. Kassian should have been called for it in the OT.

I just don't get it...after the first 19:59, this team completely stopped skating. They were lazy, made piss-poor passes and looked generally disinterested.

On another note, I am further convinced that interference is no longer a penalty in the NHL. Kassian should have been called for it in the OT.

That fight at :01 of the first escaped you?

And yeah, on the interference part.

Erhoff just played the worst game i've seen a dman play in a long time. He was involved in almost every flyer scoring chance. I know it was a bad pass by grangani.... But erhoff should have seen it was going to be a turnover and headed back quicker....just despicable.

On another note....the flyers remind me of the wings of the east....just always seem to know where each other are and the puck just seems to always land on their stick

Remember when Miller was good against the breakaway? Yeeeaaahhh. :wallbash:

And lgr, i will not argue with you again about weber vs mag.

Breakaways are hard to stop even when you're good at it. This one's not on Miller.

I've got to agree. You give a guy that much speed space and time and it'll be hard on any goalie. Really bad turnover.

Especially when it's Giroux on the breakaway.

That fight at :01 of the first escaped you?

And yeah, on the interference part.

No, it didn't escape me, I was more just referring to the play on the ice. I was just starting my frustration from the time of the first goal.

So, aside from the complete and utter destruction of Rinaldo by Tropp, they looked completely disinterested. ;)

How'd that work out?

Too much from one "kid."

If you want to blame Ruff for something, and you probably do, it's this: Ehrhoff and MAG together, even-strength, should not happen under any circumstances other than 4 D-men injured.

IMO, MAG shouldn't be out there to begin with, but I'm not fighting that battle tonight.

Watching Rookie D-men grow up usually ain't pretty.

McNabb struggled as well.

In all seriousness, all knee jerk reactions aside, there is literally no reason why Gragnani should ever have to suit up for the Sabres again.

Leopold comes back, send MAG down, keep Finley up. Wait till Myers/Weber comes back, send Finley back down and decide from there.

MAG is inept, and that's not just a reaction from tonight.

How'd that work out?

Too much from one "kid."

If you want to blame Ruff for something, and you probably do, it's this: Ehrhoff and MAG together, even-strength, should not happen under any circumstances other than 4 D-men injured.

IMO, MAG shouldn't be out there to begin with, but I'm not fighting that battle tonight.

I agree

This is a game we needed. We at least made up for a putrid second period by tying it with 2 minutes to go. And one bad mistake by an incompetent defenseman ruins it.

Not saying we would have won otherwise, but to give the game away like that...wow.

BTW anyone that blames that OT goal on Miller needs to get their heads checked.

As did Herr Errorhoff. He was terrible. I wonder if the Sabres scouting staff knew what you get when you get the hoff. He's high risk and makes some bonehead decisions with the puck.

I didn't think McNabb was bad, other than a couple shots of his getting blocked and going back the other way. But defensively he was sound.

You have to worry about Miller though. Not that any goals are on him, but gets his helmet knocked off by McNabb, takes a puck to the face, then took at least one slapper to the facemask, MAY have taken another one (couldn't tell if Coburn's bomb went off his helmet or shoulder).

I didn't think McNabb was bad, other than a couple shots of his getting blocked and going back the other way. But defensively he was sound.

You have to worry about Miller though. Not that any goals are on him, but gets his helmet knocked off by McNabb, takes a puck to the face, then took at least one slapper to the facemask, MAY have taken another one (couldn't tell if Coburn's bomb went off his helmet or shoulder).

Yeah it was quite the rough night for Miller. I want to blame the Jagr goal on Miller but Sekera really has to take the body on that play.

This is a game we needed. We at least made up for a putrid second period by tying it with 2 minutes to go. And one bad mistake by an incompetent defenseman ruins it.

Not saying we would have won otherwise, but to give the game away like that...wow.

BTW anyone that blames that OT goal on Miller needs to get their heads checked.

It is Miller's fault, he let the puck past him in another 1 on 1, game on the line situation.

Now, where's the doctor :P

Gragnani should never play another game in the NHL. That was the king of giveaways.

NO ONE MAKES THAT PASS. NO ONE.

Holy overreaction, batman.

On another note, I didn't like much of what I saw from McNabb tonight. Not talking about poor decisions with the puck like we saw with Ehrhoff a few times and obviously Grags at the end, but just overall play. He looked lost more than once in our zone and doesn't seem to be able to handle guys down low. The offensive zone is even worse, but I realize that isn't his game. I think he will come along eventually, but I think tonight made it clear that he isn't ready.

As did Herr Errorhoff. He was terrible. I wonder if the Sabres scouting staff knew what you get when you get the hoff. He's high risk and makes some bonehead decisions with the puck.

He did stop a goal at one point. But other than that...

The kids I was referring to were mainly Adam and Kassian. But as for the bolded, you can stick it up your ass. I'm far from Ruff's worse critic here on this board - you've been treating people like crap here for the past several weeks - if you want to keep getting personal, then I guess keep it up.

I've not liked MAGs from the get-go, and I've made that plain. You lump everyone into two categorie and attack based on that. And you dare to have called me "miserable" - you're a dark, nasty person hidden behind the internet.

Just relax. Try to breathe through your nose. I'm just generalizing regarding the Lindy-related posts of late.

EDIT: I thought Adam was good, as usual; Kassian, ok until OT, when he really should have received 2 for interference. Stupid, kid-like play. I don't want kids out there in OT, generally.

This loss has some to do with the turnovers, that I will give you.

But, it is just another showcasing example of the complete lack of forecheck and finishing on this roster.

If you look at time in the offensive zone, Buffalo is pathetic, worse than pathetic.

If you look at scoring opportunities and failure to capitalize, once again, this roster has a pathetic track record.

Said it before, and say it again, changes are still needed on this roster for sure.

Just relax. Try to breathe through your nose. I'm just generalizing regarding the Lindy-related posts of late.

Really? Gee...I guess my education failed me because in context it reads like a statement directed right at me.

And as for "the kids", in general, "the kids" are the only source of excitement and energy this team has right now, MAGs being the exception. The regulars had 35 minutes to do more than tie the game.

Archived