Philadelphia at Buffalo (12/7/2011, 7:30pm)

Corp000085

In the nhl, when your d is giving up more than ten clean looks from the lower slot a game, missing their defensive zone assignments,screening you on shots you should see, consistently failing to pick up the trailer and sending odd man rushes your way every five minutes, some goaltenders tend to act out.Others internalize it. It becomes really hard to take when they are slumping. Its like , Hey guys i steal games we should not win when i am hot,i pick you up, you need to pick me up when i am not. . When they are in the zone and unbeatable it is not an isuue. He is looking for help to work his way through this spell and his team is throwing gas on the fire. It started last year.

Exactly, just worry about stopping the puck! Nobody expects him to stop breakaways and 2 on 1's . That's why I use the term "Routine" above.

I said that exact same thing when it happened.

Some random thoughts-

-I understand why people are frustrated with MAG, but I don't understand why people have a problem with Sekera.

-In this New/Old NHL, I'd rather have Ellis on the ice than Ennis.

-So, Gerbe gets crushed into the boards, two guys fight, and we don't end up with a powerplay,.. :blink:

-I usually never say this, but those were two awful goals Miller let in.

Disappointing loss.

Well, I was going to say I agreed with your first points, (especially Sekera), and then decided all of them are really good... I thought the exact same thing regarding Ennis during the game, and the instigator penalty is just awful.

I thought Miller should have been pulled last night.

Archived