Philadelphia at Buffalo (12/7/2011, 7:30pm)

Corp000085

Announcers saying Leino layed a headshot on Reed?

Yup, blatant elbow to the head. Didn't even knock the dude out of stride though. Definitely something the league will look at -- but I love how the announcers make a point to show the replay of what was really a rather meaningless play (as in, Reed wasn't hurt, it wasn't a nasty collision by any means.. just an elbow brushing of his head) but the hit from behind on Gerbe and earlier on Tropp are apparently perfectly legal in the eyes of Versus. I would suspect the hit on Gerbe will be looked at as well... the Tropp hit I'm referring too occurred in the first period and wasn't a penalty nor was Tropp hurt, I'd have to see a replay.

I thought the "reactionary" Bruin game before Thanksgiving had a good first period full of energy, fighting, hits, and scoring. I just hope we don't stop playing like we did for the Bruins game.

I hope they keep bringing it!

Well, this looks like it will result the same way the Bruins game did. All flash, no finish. I, of course, am still hoping for at least a point....however, we cannot sustain any forecheck or offensive pressure. Much like the second and third periods of the Bruins game.

Archived