Red Wings at Sabres 12/02/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Very excited for this game tonight. I hope the young guns do great because it seems that there is a lot more character and leadership coming from them than our vets.

Vanek and Roy are my forwards to watch because they both need to light the lamp and get this teams offense back up and running.

On defense McNabb and Finley are my guys as I want to see how physical and tough they can actually play.

Lets go BUFFALO!!!

Who's Hot: Datsyuk has five goals and five assists during Detroit's win streak. … Buffalo's Jordan Hecht has goals in his last two games. Hecht has only been in the lineup for four games since returning from a preseason concussion.

Not here to criticize - much - but, 'JORDAN'? You're the one this board relies on for most of the juice/facts, so I really found that goof funny!

GO SABRES!

This is a bad match-up at a bad time for the Sabres.

Detroit is a disciplined team. They average the most shots in the league for and are second in shots against. The shots against is amazing considering they don't block many shots.

The Sabres need a huge step up in effort. The way they have been playing at home, if it continues tonight, will get them run out of the building.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Kassian, McNabb and Brennan. With the exception of Myers and maybe Ennis, I couldn't care less if any of the other injured players ever return to the lineup.

having gone to the home game against the wings last year (i think we lost in a SO (?)), i hafta say: when detroit is playing their game, they are just a joy to watch. and the upside is that, if your team has its legs, the game can be very, very entertaining to watch. i know last year's tilt was. the downside is that you're unlikely to win.

having gone to the home game against the wings last year (i think we lost in a SO (?)), i hafta say: when detroit is playing their game, they are just a joy to watch. and the upside is that, if your team has its legs, the game can be very, very entertaining to watch. i know last year's tilt was. the downside is that you're unlikely to win.

Very true. I too was at last years game and can say that it was very entertaining.

Hopefully we can find our winning ways again tonight, as it would be a huge morale boost to beat Detroit.

Yeah--as i recall, Sabres played some great hockey for the first couple periods. Then the Wings poured it on in the third to tie and won it in a shootout. Was a highly entertaining and well played game.

NHL Network for those who care...

ohhhh nice. Thanks!

I want the Sabres to come out and score more goals than the other team.

Yes. If they can do this, they win the game.

Miller is in? Well, at least on the bench for tonight. So he must be good enough to play. If Miller and Enroth both take a game this weekend, I'm not sure which I'd want to play the home game. Detroit is Detroit. Nashville is struggling -- giving up a lot of goals lately.

If Detroit is the model franchise tonight will be a good indicator of just how far we have to go. GO SABRES!

I just don't think hockey works like this. It's why they play 7 game series in the playoffs not 1. How often does the "better" team win on any given night? I'd bet somewhere around 55-60%, tops. Way too many variables during a long season to forecast every game. It's the same reason I chuckle when all the prognosticators jump into threads predicting scores or that the Sabres "should" win.

This is a bad match-up at a bad time for the Sabres.

Detroit is a disciplined team. They average the most shots in the league for and are second in shots against. The shots against is amazing considering they don't block many shots.

The Sabres need a huge step up in effort. The way they have been playing at home, if it continues tonight, will get them run out of the building.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Kassian, McNabb and Brennan. With the exception of Myers and maybe Ennis, I couldn't care less if any of the other injured players ever return to the lineup.

Brennan was sent down, and is out injured.

I'm interested to see this new giant that we will play on the blueline. The guy was playing in the East Cost Hockey league last season and that scares the crap out of me but apparently he's been good so far this year. Maybe he just needed some time to mature?

Oddly excited to see what the "Towers of Power " McNabb and Finley can do as a pairing together tonight against a very hot Detroit team. Glad to see that the Sabres are finally seeming to add some grit and toughness to the team, even if it is only for the short term.

Hopefully the lines work well with Ennis coming back. We could use an injection of talent and scoring ability after the last week of averaging less than 2 goals per game.

Cautiously optimistic... :thumbsup:

Archived