Red Wings at Sabres 12/02/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

What I would love to see - standing O for Miller and a win which jump starts the season

What I think I'll see - a tight game for first two periods with Detroit going up by 2 in the 3rd

What I hope not to see - blowout by Detroit or Sabres going up by 2 and losing in regulation...

This is the season so far, in a nut shell.

Brennan was sent down, and is out injured.

I saw this yesterday. Anyone hear anything about the injury? Makes me curious...

As for tonite, it'd be a great time for a statement win. I like what Miller had to say and would like to think it could provide a bit of momentum.

Oddly excited to see what the "Towers of Power " McNabb and Finley can do as a pairing together tonight against a very hot Detroit team. Glad to see that the Sabres are finally seeming to add some grit and toughness to the team, even if it is only for the short term.

Hopefully the lines work well with Ennis coming back. We could use an injection of talent and scoring ability after the last week of averaging less than 2 goals per game.

Cautiously optimistic... :thumbsup:

I am glad to see this as well. The Sabres have to be careful and smart when playing Detroit. Finishing their checks and being strong around both nets is an absolute must. What the Sabres can't do is get caught out of position or take a stupid penalty. That would be feeding right into Detroit. They are as sound a team as there is in the NHL at both ends of the rink.

Oddly excited to see what the "Towers of Power " McNabb and Finley can do as a pairing together tonight against a very hot Detroit team. Glad to see that the Sabres are finally seeming to add some grit and toughness to the team, even if it is only for the short term.

Hopefully the lines work well with Ennis coming back. We could use an injection of talent and scoring ability after the last week of averaging less than 2 goals per game.

Really hope so. But he was pointless before the injury. I'd really like to see some lines mesh soon.

Tough break for the kid.

Yup.

I saw this yesterday. Anyone hear anything about the injury? Makes me curious...

As for tonite, it'd be a great time for a statement win. I like what Miller had to say and would like to think it could provide a bit of momentum.

Upper body is all I heard - had to have sustained it after he was sent down, as I believe you can't demote an injured player. One of the two reasons we won't see Mmoorrrriissssoonnnnnn this year.

Careful what you wish for ... we may score some of those goals into our own net and your wish still comes true :-/.

Forgot about that. Now I understand why being a coach in the NHL is so hard...

I just don't think hockey works like this. It's why they play 7 game series in the playoffs not 1. How often does the "better" team win on any given night? I'd bet somewhere around 55-60%, tops. Way too many variables during a long season to forecast every game. It's the same reason I chuckle when all the prognosticators jump into threads predicting scores or that the Sabres "should" win.

The Sabres should win every single game. That's my expectation and that's why I never make serious predictions.

You don't really have to be big or physical to be a ToP, by the way. I've heard Harry Neale say that Tyler Ennis is a Tower of Power.

You don't really have to be big or physical to be a ToP, by the way. I've heard Harry Neale say that Tyler Ennis is a Tower of Power.

Keep in mind this is the same Harry Neale that measures every shot taken by any player on the ice.

His measurements aren't always exactly spot on. :blink:

Tyler Ennis is as much a Tower of Power as a shot from the slot is 72.3ft out.

The distances HN uses vary greatly on a game to game basis.

No--I agree. About as accurate as Ted Darling saying where the guy who caught the puck was from.

But I was just making a reference to Harry's typical comment when a penalty is taken. "Sabres will be on the PP for two minutes or less."

Tyler Ennis is as much a Tower of Power as a shot from the slot is 72.3ft out.

The distances HN uses vary greatly on a game to game basis.

Nothing HN says is ever even close to being a complete statement. He either ends in the middle of a sentence, says something absolutely mind numbing, or gets the players' names wrong. If you ever want to not remember the end of a Sabres game, play the HN drinking game (I'll write the rules of this later today, I promise).

ALL THAT SAID, I love HN and his constant failures at speaking (the only requirement in his job description).

check the sarcasm meter. He always says "and now he'll have two minutes or less..." yeaaahhh

No--I agree. About as accurate as Ted Darling saying where the guy who caught the puck was from.

But I was just making a reference to Harry's typical comment when a penalty is taken. "Sabres will be on the PP for two minutes or less."

Nothing HN says is ever even close to being a complete statement. He either ends in the middle of a sentence, says something absolutely mind numbing, or gets the players' names wrong. If you ever want to not remember the end of a Sabres game, play the HN drinking game (I'll write the rules of this later today, I promise).

ALL THAT SAID, I love HN and his constant failures at speaking (the only requirement in his job description).

Guys... I totally got the sarcasm in DtM's reply. I just wanted to use that as an opening for further Harry Neale bashing. Although with the lackluster play lately, awaiting his next blunder has kept me interested in the game :lol:

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Ennis-Roy-Stafford

Leino-Adam-Kassian

Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta (Ellis)

Ehrhoff-Gragnani

Regehr-Sekera

Finley-McNabb

Enroth - Miller

Unusual D pairings. 2 raw rooks together? Against Detroit?

Archived