Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Ennis-Roy-Stafford

Leino-Adam-Kassian

Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta (Ellis)

Ehrhoff-Gragnani

Regehr-Sekera

Finley-McNabb

Enroth - Miller

I really like the look of that line. Leino has to start going at some point right? Adam has played really well IMO lately and I love the physical side of Kassian. Let's see if it works out and/or Ruff leaves them together for more than a period.

I really like the look of that line. Leino has to start going at some point right? Adam has played really well IMO lately and I love the physical side of Kassian. Let's see if it works out and/or Ruff leaves them together for more than a period.

Would you settle for more than one shift?

Unusual D pairings. 2 raw rooks together? Against Detroit?

They'll probably play < 10 minutes.

Well, I think McNabb was paired with Brennan in the last game, innit?

I'm sure the rooks will make some mistakes, but based on McNabb's play and Finley's rep, they will lay out some hits too. And Lindy has last change so he'll probably try to put them out only against Detroit's 3rd & 4th lines.

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Ennis-Roy-Stafford

Leino-Adam-Kassian

Ehrhoff-Gragnani

Regehr-Sekera

Finley-McNabb

Enroth - Miller

It will be nice to someday see lines that actually play together for more than one game. Anyone notice how great everything was when Adam centered Vanek and Pomm for the first several games.

It will be nice to someday see lines that actually play together for more than one game. Anyone notice how great everything was when Adam centered Vanek and Pomm for the first several games.

yupp. And I noticed how they still averaged a point per game when Roy was put there, and again when Hecht was put there.

Lindy has never been known for keeping lines together for extended periods tho.

yupp. And I noticed how they still averaged a point per game when Roy was put there, and again when Hecht was put there.

Lindy has never been known for keeping lines together for extended periods tho.

This has always been the thing that irks me about Lindy's coaching style. He acts as if every game is a playoff game with the way he juggles lines. It is near impossible for anyone to gain chemistry with their teammates if they are playing with different linemates night in and night out.

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Ennis-Roy-Stafford

Leino-Adam-Kassian

Ehrhoff-Gragnani

Regehr-Sekera

Finley-McNabb

Enroth - Miller

I heard that it will be ENNIS with ADAM and KASSIAN, that might work as long as they get some minutes (12+) and are kept intact for more than a period. I think VANEK has 1 goal in the last 8 games and similar for ROY, they both need to find the net tonight. I heard on WGR LINDY say that FINLEY can skate as well as MYERS, I hope this is true, another big D-man that can skate and also hit would be really nice.

I heard that it will be ENNIS with ADAM and KASSIAN, that might work as long as they get some minutes (12+) and are kept intact for more than a period. I think VANEK has 1 goal in the last 8 games and similar for ROY, they both need to find the net tonight. I heard on WGR LINDY say that FINLEY can skate as well as MYERS, I hope this is true, another big D-man that can skate and also hit would be really nice.

I am going to take off my skeptic hat for a second, throw reason out the window and throw this out there: how cool would a D paring of Finley and Myers look? Myers rushing the puck up ice and Finley laying down the hammer in his own end. The twin towers reincarnated! Just watch out for Winnipeg. [\childish dreaming]

Need some offense tonight. Just reading these stats:

Detroit:

Franzen 7 points in 6 games.

Filppula 4 goals and 6 points in 4 games.

Zetterberg 2 goals and 7 points in 7 games.

Datsyuk 5 goals and 11 points in 7 games.

What do the Sabres have?

Roy has no goals in seven games

Drew Stafford has none in 11

Vanek has one goal in eight games

Nathan Gerbe has no goals in 12

Ville Leino has no goals in nine

Gaustad is scoreless in 22.

Someone please score!

I am going to take off my skeptic hat for a second, throw reason out the window and throw this out there: how cool would a D paring of Finley and Myers look? Myers rushing the puck up ice and Finley laying down the hammer in his own end. The twin towers reincarnated! Just watch out for Winnipeg. [\childish dreaming]

I expect everyone here wants to see this. If Finley looks good while he's up in the show, it'll happen at some point.

Detroit:

What do the Sabres have?

Someone please score!

They have the same overpaid, underachieving "top 6" they've had since Black Sunday.

I expect everyone here wants to see this. If Finley looks good while he's up in the show, it'll happen at some point.

They have the same overpaid, underachieving "top 6" they've had since Black Sunday.

Finley's really tall, so he'll be just like Chara!

No we don't. Vanek isn't underachieving anymore.

Finley's really tall, so he'll be just like Chara!

No we don't. Vanek isn't underachieving anymore.

This brings me to a conversation I had the other day posing this question:

Would Vanek have been signed if we kept Drury and/or Briere? I said no and I'd rather have TV than either (hindsight).

Would Vanek have been signed if we kept Drury and/or Briere? I said no and I'd rather have TV than either (hindsight).

No way would they have matched the offer sheet Vanek was given if they signed Drury or Briere.

I'd rather have Vanek than Drury, clear now/then not so much.

Briere is closer but when you factor in the draft picks, and I love Vanek, there is no way you can pick Vanek over having Briere and the picks.

No way would they have matched the offer sheet Vanek was given if they signed Drury or Briere.

I'd rather have Vanek than Drury, clear now/then not so much.

Briere is closer but when you factor in the draft picks, and I love Vanek, there is no way you can pick Vanek over having Briere and the picks.

I would've loved to have kept Briere and Vanek, but looking back now, if I had to choose between those two or Vanek...definitely Vanek.

would love to see him get the hat trick tonight! :ph34r:

Detroit:

What do the Sabres have?

Someone please score!

Just the greatest goalie to enter the NHL since Hasek in Johnas Enroth

Edmonton would have never offered the sheet. They smelled weakness and panic.

I would rather have Eberle, Hall and Nugent-Hopkins........which are the picks we would have had.

Ain't THAT a beehatch?

possibly...

True. You'd have Hall for sure as Vanek isn't making up 8 wins. Last year they missed by 6 points so who knows. Then you need to rely on Darcy not to do something stupid.

And you'd have an extra $6 million in cap space signing those 3 guys and dumping waste...or $10 million because you would have never traded for Boyes....well, maybe an extra $3 million because you would have Briere.

Vanek/Boyes/Ellis/McCormick vs. Briere/Nugent-Hopkins/Hall/Eberle/$3mil cap space

True. You'd have Hall for sure as Vanek isn't making up 8 wins. Last year they missed by 6 points so who knows. Then you need to rely on Darcy not to do something stupid.

And you'd have an extra $6 million in cap space signing those 3 guys and dumping waste...or $10 million because you would have never traded for Boyes....well, maybe an extra $3 million because you would have Briere.

Vanek/Boyes/Ellis/McCormick vs. Briere/Nugent-Hopkins/Hall/Eberle/$3mil cap space

When you put it that way, you would have to ride the short bus to choose the first choice. Even if the Oil got better after acquiring Vanek, you would still probably get decent choices in years 2 and 3. Even if the equation is Briere, Hall and cap room for Vanek it isn't close...

:wallbash:

I think it is safe to say we would have had at least 3 very high draft choices out of the 4. Now, who we would have chosen is anyone's guess.

Archived