GDT: Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11

7:30PM

Who's Hot: Jaromir Jagr has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last five games and was named Third Star of the Week. … Pominville has three 3-point games this season; he had just two of them in 73 games last season.

Versus Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOvV27cqHQ

because they are not winning and that is the only line scoring.

I dont agree with the thinking behind this... so when no line is scoring we will win?

I understand that most think this will kick start other lines but if it doesnt we still lose. Why not continue to find a good balance with the other three lines and leave our top line which is looking like a top 5 line in the NHL alone?

I dont agree with the thinking behind this... so when no line is scoring we will win?

I understand that most think this will kick start other lines but if it doesnt we still lose. Why not continue to find a good balance with the other three lines and leave our top line which is looking like a top 5 line in the NHL alone?

I don't know the answer. Just that most teams change their lines around. Plus Ruff said he's trying to get Leino going. Like him or not, Leino needs to produce big time for this team to go deep in the playoffs.

I don't know the answer. Just that most teams change their lines around. Plus Ruff said he's trying to get Leino going. Like him or not, Leino needs to produce big time for this team to go deep in the playoffs.

I agree but its not like Leino has ever been some huge point producer in the regular season... he isnt going to get a point a game. I look forward to seeing him produce in the playoff which is kind of his MO and what I think he was brought in to do.

Looks like I'll be pressing pause on the DVR until it syncs up with the WGR feed for this one.

After the last Versus game, I don't blame you. I will be starting the game a little late (thank you DVR) since I need to attend calling hours for a friends dad. I hope this game makes this evening better!

Go Sabres!

I haven't seen much of Philly this year. I am anxious to see how much Jagr has left in the tank. Catching the Flyers without Pronger and Briere is a break for the Sabres, but the Flyers still have a ton of firepower. Will this finally be the game where Weber gets a chance to play?

I think if Buffalo is going to win, they will need to score 5.

Buffalo 5 Philadelphia 4

I haven't seen much of Philly this year. I am anxious to see how much Jagr has left in the tank. Catching the Flyers without Pronger and Briere is a break for the Sabres, but the Flyers still have a ton of firepower. Will this finally be the game where Weber gets a chance to play?

Buffalo 5 Philadelphia 4

Schenn is also out. So they are a bit short tonight. Plus always some drama with Flyers goaltending.

Buffalo 5 Philadelphia 4

I agree with everything above. Just like playing the Penguins without Crosby and Malkin, you have to take advantage of these games because the teams are tough enough to beat even without those two in the lineup. It's going to be interesting seeing the new look Flyers. Goaltending won't be their issue this year.

As for Weber, I was watching one of those multi-media things on sabres.com last night and Weber was interviewed yesterday and sure sounded like he would be in the lineup tonight. So we shall see.

Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11

Who's Hot: Jaromir Jagr has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last five games and was named Third Star of the Week. … Pominville has three 3-point games this season; he had just two of them in 73 games last season.

Versus Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOvV27cqHQ

Chz,

That commercial in the Youtube video says it starts at 7:00pm. Is that the pregame? Your post says 7:30.

I agree with everything above. Just like playing the Penguins without Crosby and Malkin, you have to take advantage of these games because the teams are tough enough to beat even without those two in the lineup. It's going to be interesting seeing the new look Flyers. Goaltending won't be their issue this year.

As for Weber, I was watching one of those multi-media things on sabres.com last night and Weber was interviewed yesterday and sure sounded like he would be in the lineup tonight. So we shall see.

It has been so far.

Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11

Versus Game

The Regehr v. Jagr battles should be epic tonight! Good game for Weber to step in, too. Can't see Grags keeping Jagr out of the scoring areas. We could use Weber beef and nastiness.

Never thought I would be saying this but the Bills are a whole hell of a lot easier to like than the Sabres right now. Sabres used to be known for the no names who get the job done and now it is the Bills who have the us vs the world mentality. Having one of your big FA pick-ups asking to change positions ain't gonna fly anymore. Maybe Mr. Leino should have a sit down with George Wilson of the Bills and see what he thinks about playing receiver in college only to be moved to DB in the Pros.

Sabres have the holier than though complex while the Bills just get the job done. Time for the Sabres to play the system and stop trying to show the home crowd how special they think they are....

Archived