GDT: Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

according to Shredd and Ragan, Roy will be on the Point for the Power Play across from Erhoff

I'm starting to get the feeling Lindy just let the players draw up the whole game plan for tonight. "Here's the roster guys, decide who you want to play with."

And Vanenville, leaders that they are, decided to take Little Leino under their "wings"?

*rimshot*

Well played.

In all seriousness though, it doesn't seem far fetched. As leaders of the team, maybe they felt that Adam would be fine away from them and decided that helping Ville get going would benefit everyone. It can't be fun watching a team mate struggle who is obviously trying. I think both Pommers and Vanek have been in his shoes before.

and for the Vs. Broadcast, I don't think Emerick is that bad, considering the fools I had to listen to when I lived in NYC. He's impartial, that's all I care, though he looks like he was drawn by Gary Larson

Nice!

Never much cared for Mike Emerick myself. But I always loved the Far Side.

Ahhh...0ooooh...The rare triple-sarcasm message board gravitational vortex... I thought CERN said this was impossible.

Why would you takes cern's word it was impossible? the first time they turned their machine on they blew themselves up! what do they know.

That was indeed the jumping-off point.

On a related point: one of the best Sabres moments for me since the lockout was beating the Flyers in the playoffs in 2006, then crushing them something like 9-0 early the next season, which led immediately to Hitchcock and Clarke getting canned.

It was 9-1. I remember listening to that game on what was then known as XM when I was out in Kansas that night. I got the Flyers feed that night and it was kinda fun to listen to Tim Saunders get deflated like a balloon.

I'm under the impression that being anywhere near a Sabres fan would be less than fun if they lost tonight...

that said, I think we'll see a fire under their arses tonight.

IIRC, all of our losses thus far this season have come against Southeast division teams. So, I'm pretty confident that the Sabres will beat the Flyers tonight since they're not in that division. Otherwise, :bag:

If you took that as being a serious question then I don't think you should be posting here anymore. :thumbsup:

Let's win it for Mr. Pegula!

I'm not trying to make a snarky remark against shrader, but the time we probably won't see him posting on here anymore will be when they drive the final nail in his coffin.

Weber-Regehr better = Death and Destruction...

This team still has so much to prove and 1 game either way doesn't prove anything. If they win, awesome maybe we are turning the corner, if we lose, than we still have a lot of work to do.

Players to Watch:

Leino, obvious reasons

Roy, pp time again and hopefully a healthier roy will heat things up for him

Weber, alright some of us really wanted you in the lineup so show up and play a good game...

Archived