GDT: Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Never thought I would be saying this but the Bills are a whole hell of a lot easier to like than the Sabres right now. Sabres used to be known for the no names who get the job done and now it is the Bills who have the us vs the world mentality. Having one of your big FA pick-ups asking to change positions ain't gonna fly anymore. Maybe Mr. Leino should have a sit down with George Wilson of the Bills and see what he thinks about playing receiver in college only to be moved to DB in the Pros.

Sabres have the holier than though complex while the Bills just get the job done. Time for the Sabres to play the system and stop trying to show the home crowd how special they think they are....

Very well put!

I am not saying what defender should sit but Weber should make his debut for this. To much showboating and fancy crap is the reason this team has been meh. Get back to basics, make quick decisions, crash the net, get the forecheck going, and win.

I am not saying what defender should sit but Weber should make his debut for this. To much showboating and fancy crap is the reason this team has been meh. Get back to basics, make quick decisions, crash the net, get the forecheck going, and win.

I will agree with you today...Need to really simplify everything. I'm so sick of hearing "we were trying to get too fancy at home"...well then...stop?!

I will agree with you today...Need to really simplify everything. I'm so sick of hearing "we were trying to get too fancy at home"...well then...stop?!

It all starts with the change to Weber IMO. Hope he has been taking notes from Regher. (If we had TWO Regher's out there that would be nice B-) )

I definitely think that moving Leino to the top line is in direct correlation with playing the Flyers. Knowing their system so well, If he can't get excited to play well against his former team on the top line, I don't know what will...

So glad I'll make it home in time for the game tonight - Go Sabres!

Never thought I would be saying this but the Bills are a whole hell of a lot easier to like than the Sabres right now. Sabres used to be known for the no names who get the job done and now it is the Bills who have the us vs the world mentality. Having one of your big FA pick-ups asking to change positions ain't gonna fly anymore. Maybe Mr. Leino should have a sit down with George Wilson of the Bills and see what he thinks about playing receiver in college only to be moved to DB in the Pros.

Sabres have the holier than though complex while the Bills just get the job done. Time for the Sabres to play the system and stop trying to show the home crowd how special they think they are....

AWESOME post. Couldn't agree more!

Great analogy!!! Very true

Its to early to say this is a must win game......but.....this is a must show up to play game! We cannot have a 15 minute effort tonight for both the fans and the players sake. Philly is a good team and we've been in a funk at home, nothing less than the best tonight, ill take a hard fought loss, but if we play to our capabilities we will win. We have the talent and the best fans in the sport!!! GO SABRES!!

As I said in another thread, this game sets the tone for the next 10. If the Sabres come out and play a smart, well rounded game, then we're in good shape. If we get more of the same from them, we're in a bad way.

This is a good team, and they need to prove it tonight against the scumbags that dropped us last year.

Love the vid!

(partly because I know the guy who created it lol)

I'm off today!!!! Sabres game or research research paper....hmmmmmm <_<

Research paper till the game!

It seems to be a common agreement that we all think this team needs to win and get their heads straight.

Its November, a new month, forget October and lets collect some dub ya's!

I'll second that motion, and also should be noted that I have hated them since 74-75. :angry:

That was indeed the jumping-off point.

On a related point: one of the best Sabres moments for me since the lockout was beating the Flyers in the playoffs in 2006, then crushing them something like 9-0 early the next season, which led immediately to Hitchcock and Clarke getting canned.

Archived