F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Ah, I gotcha.  We had to wait between March and Sept. to do the burial for my grandfather for some reason, but they had the service in March.  Sorry for your loss.   :(

In happier news:  I've made a decision in my job search, and while this summer will be a little challenging commuting to Baltimore, in the fall I will be moving to Denver, CO!  I'm SO excited.

Congrats!  I hope you love it.

On the down side, no more Bio annual trip to Buffalo/Rochester.  We'll have to raise a glass to you next time there is a meet up.

Congrats!  I hope you love it.

On the down side, no more Bio annual trip to Buffalo/Rochester.  We'll have to raise a glass to you next time there is a meet up.

Thanks!  And I know.  :(  Unless I come up for preseason or something, although that'll probably be right around the time I'm moving.  Who knows; maybe I'll fly back to Buffalo at some point for a game and SS bourbon gathering.  :)

Fresh homemade pesto.  It's probably the only thing keeping me from going postal right now, but the rest will have to wait until next Thursday.

If you need me to come down tomorrow just let me know.  I won't be able to help you with any of your home fixes but I will eat your leftover pesto.

If you need me to come down tomorrow just let me know. I won't be able to help you with any of your home fixes but I will eat your leftover pesto.

:lol:

Edited by biodork

I just finished etching the basement floor so I can paint it tomorrow. Additionally, I might put up a couple lights in the house this weekend and do some auto repair. I'm fairly handy; how about some of that pesto?

Edited by MattPie

I just finished etching the basement floor so I can paint it tomorrow. Additionally, I might put up a couple lights in the house this weekend and do some auto repair. I'm fairly handy; how about some of that pesto?

You free Sunday or Monday? ;) I've got lots of basil!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing in here the last three weeks?  I think the Awesome Thread has seemingly replaced the need for this one.  Either way, I'll throw out something F'N Fantastic from this week (about time I had some good news):  my dad went home from the rehab hospital on Tuesday, and is improving every day.  He still has a long way to go before he's fully healed, but his mental state is much improved and he's able to talk again, which is wonderful.

Nothing in here the last three weeks? I think the Awesome Thread has seemingly replaced the need for this one. Either way, I'll throw out something F'N Fantastic from this week (about time I had some good news): my dad went home from the rehab hospital on Tuesday, and is improving every day. He still has a long way to go before he's fully healed, but his mental state is much improved and he's able to talk again, which is wonderful.

That is great news, Bio! Dads are some tough dudes. I am glad to hear that he is feeling better. I hope that feeling trickles down to daughter as well.

That is great news, Bio! Dads are some tough dudes. I am glad to hear that he is feeling better. I hope that feeling trickles down to daughter as well.

Thanks, man.  It definitely helps me to know he's improving and in better spirits.  It's been a rough summer so far, but hopefully this is the beginning of things starting to head back in the right direction.

Nothing in here the last three weeks?  I think the Awesome Thread has seemingly replaced the need for this one.  Either way, I'll throw out something F'N Fantastic from this week (about time I had some good news):  my dad went home from the rehab hospital on Tuesday, and is improving every day.  He still has a long way to go before he's fully healed, but his mental state is much improved and he's able to talk again, which is wonderful.

Awesome.

After about 5 weeks of being out of work, I am FINALLY starting the new gig on Monday.  It's a little stupid that I'll only end up being there for 6-8 weeks at this point, but at least I'll still have about 2 weeks of overlap with the person I'm supposed to learn from, and it'll be nice to get a paycheck again.

My dad got his temporary tracheostomy removed this past Monday, and the lymph node biopsies they'd done at the time of his surgery showed no signs of metastasis, thank God.

After about 5 weeks of being out of work, I am FINALLY starting the new gig on Monday.  It's a little stupid that I'll only end up being there for 6-8 weeks at this point, but at least I'll still have about 2 weeks of overlap with the person I'm supposed to learn from, and it'll be nice to get a paycheck again.

My dad got his temporary tracheostomy removed this past Monday, and the lymph node biopsies they'd done at the time of his surgery showed no signs of metastasis, thank God.

This is all great news.  :thumbsup:

Good for you Bio.  All of it.

My Fantastic Friday post is, in 4 more hours I am on vacation.  I haven't had a vacation in 3 years.  Not a single day.  It's been a long 3 years of job jumping trying to replace what I lost.  I'm as giddy as a school girl on a first date.  We rented a cottage on Chautauqua Lake, just the wife and I.  Drinking, fishing, and f.... nevermind.

Oh, and it looks like a meet up with a Sabrespacer is likely while we are down there.  Should be a great time!

Good for you Bio.  All of it.

My Fantastic Friday post is, in 4 more hours I am on vacation.  I haven't had a vacation in 3 years.  Not a single day.  It's been a long 3 years of job jumping trying to replace what I lost.  I'm as giddy as a school girl on a first date.  We rented a cottage on Chautauqua Lake, just the wife and I.  Drinking, fishing, and f.... nevermind.

Oh, and it looks like a meet up with a Sabrespacer is likely while we are down there.  Should be a great time!

Good for you man. I know how it feels to be jumping around jobs. My last vacation was June of 2013 and that was three employers ago. My current job actually gives me vacation time so Jo and are I thinking a little weekend trip to New Orleans with some friends in September. Boy will that be nice. 

Good for you man. I know how it feels to be jumping around jobs. My last vacation was June of 2013 and that was three employers ago. My current job actually gives me vacation time so Jo and are I thinking a little weekend trip to New Orleans with some friends in September. Boy will that be nice. 

Been to NO.  Hit me up before you go and I'll give you what we really enjoyed.