Ecklund says Calgary and Sabres discussing trade

freester

I doubt Leino is part of the Iginla deal, but it is kind of interesting how they made such big deals about Regehr and Ehrhoff, while Leino has been like an after thought to them.

It is also interesting that the press conferences for Regehr and Ehrhoff both happened when they were coincidentally in town looking to buy houses to settle in with their families. I am not sure that Ville Leino is married and looking to buy a house to settle in with his kids and hence no press conference to date. I think Garth is making something out of nothing.

In other news, Jason Pominville has been in house in East Amherst all summer long and has not given a press conference. I bet this means he is part of a trade package for Iginla. :rolleyes:

If anything I'd say Pommers and Sekera for Bourque and Brendan Morrison.

I can't picture Darcy doing that trade. Also, Calgary is rebuilding and trading away maybe their best piece for that in Bourque makes little sense.

Pominville, Sekera, Calgary 2nd for Iginla seems like pretty fair value.

I'd probably prefer: Boyes, Sekera, Joel Armia, 2nd.

What Feaster probably asks for: Pominville, Ennis, Sekera.

If anything I'd say Pommers and Sekera for Bourque and Brendan Morrison.

That would be an interesting move to get under the cap... Get a veteran presence at the 3rd line center position and (what seems to me after looking at stats) a slight downgrade at wing from Pommer for an overpaid (but still skilled) winger and a young defensemen with a big upside.

Does this summary sound about right? I'd like to know because I don't know anything about Bourque and Morrison.

:mellow: :huh: :blink: :w00t: :doh:

Waddabunchacrap

From Garth: "Teams don't sign players to 4 year, $16 million contracts just to turn around and trade them. Stafford is a 30+ goal scorer who is just now hitting his stride."

"I would not be surprised at all if Buffalo were to trade Ville Leino to Calgary... Leino's 6 year, $4.5 million UFA contract came as a shocker to all observers. Perhaps Regier grabbed Leino as a pre-emptive strike, at a value price, when he knew that he Buffalo was not a consideration to land Brad Richards on July 1. Leino is the proverbial "ghost man on first" right now."

huh? :blink: :blink: but wait I thought teams dont sign players to 4mil a year contracts just to turn around and trade them :oops: ....

I agree Weave, supercraptastic <_< article from a guy who is beyond clueless.

Agreed. Does this guy have sources for this crap or does it come off the top of his head? It reminded me of some of the scenarios that play out on this boardsounded like he read this forum and thought the silliness here would make for an entertaining piece. :blink:

Fixed.

After reading that article I really did get the idea that he read a couple threads here and went with it.

So now we've got HockeyBuzz and WGR ripping off our topics. :clapping:

FWIW, I've generally found Garth to be much more sober than Eklund, who really does nothing but sling BS. But I agree with the "bunch of crap" assessment on this particular story.

Come on, the signing a free agent just so you can trade him idea was completely legit. That kind of thing happens all the time in the NHL. There's no better way to make your team an attractive option for free agents than dumping a guy the second you sign him. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

If I wanted to read about idiot trade proposal ideas, I'd never leave this board.

Come on, the signing a free agent just so you can trade him idea was completely legit. That kind of thing happens all the time in the NHL. There's no better way to make your team an attractive option for free agents than dumping a guy the second you sign him. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Clearly, they are just waving their ###### in every readers face. To state something so incredibly foolish without concern of integrity or even feasibility should be insulting to every person who visits their site. Unfortunately, the window lickers that frequent there do not know of or care about integrity or feasibility. They just want to go to other forums to re-spew the garbage they read there, as if it has some sort of merit.

From Garth: "Teams don't sign players to 4 year, $16 million contracts just to turn around and trade them. Stafford is a 30+ goal scorer who is just now hitting his stride."

"I would not be surprised at all if Buffalo were to trade Ville Leino to Calgary... Leino's 6 year, $4.5 million UFA contract came as a shocker to all observers. Perhaps Regier grabbed Leino as a pre-emptive strike, at a value price, when he knew that he Buffalo was not a consideration to land Brad Richards on July 1. Leino is the proverbial "ghost man on first" right now."

huh? :blink: :blink: but wait I thought teams dont sign players to 4mil a year contracts just to turn around and trade them :oops: ....

I agree Weave, supercraptastic <_< article from a guy who is beyond clueless.

Maybe the key is the length of the contract. You keep your 4 year contract guys but you trade your 6 year contract guys. Obviously Garth knows that Pegula is only in it for the short haul - 4 years to win 2 Cups and then he sells the team and it is moved to Hamilton.

So....

Calgary traded Langkow for Stempniak.

Is this what the trade rumor was for? He would have been an okay center for the Sabres. Not sure how much he has left in his wheels though.

Well Stempniak is from the Buffalo area - when he mentioned Buffalo that is what Ek meant I'm sure.

I doubt Leino is part of the Iginla deal, but it is kind of interesting how they made such big deals about Regehr and Ehrhoff, while Leino has been like an after thought to them.

Maybe because he wasn't traded for? I guess they don't feel like making a big deal about FA's?

Maybe because he wasn't traded for? I guess they don't feel like making a big deal about FA's?

No, it's not this ^^^ at all. It's this:

It is also interesting that the press conferences for Regehr and Ehrhoff both happened when they were coincidentally in town looking to buy houses to settle in with their families. I am not sure that Ville Leino is married and looking to buy a house to settle in with his kids and hence no press conference to date. I think Garth is making something out of nothing.

In other news, Jason Pominville has been in house in East Amherst all summer long and has not given a press conference. I bet this means he is part of a trade package for Iginla. :rolleyes:

and a nice home it is....

post-1415-058367500 1314809363_thumb.jpg

Meh. That's a +/- 3000 sf floor plan. I would have expected much more. The place they get really expensive is on the inside

Stalker.

Must have just had it built. Contractor grade landscaping and no lawn.

We can't see how far back it goes from that view. My guess would be about 5000 square feet. Guys like him can afford 20,000 square feet, but unless he has a ton of family living with him, what's the point? If it's just his wife and kids, he probably can spend the money on other things and helping his family, which I imagine seems like the type of thing Pominville would do.

We can't see how far back it goes from that view. My guess would be about 5000 square feet. Guys like him can afford 20,000 square feet, but unless he has a ton of family living with him, what's the point? If it's just his wife and kids, he probably can spend the money on other things and helping his family, which I imagine seems like the type of thing Pominville would do.

For that house to be 5000 sf above ground it would have to be deeper than it is wide, which would look pretty dumb. Look at the width of the garage compared to the rest of the house Consider that the foyer and probably the great room are vaulted ceilings, which cuts 3-400 sf out of the second story. With a fully finished, basement it might just push 5000 total sf.

Meh. That's a +/- 3000 sf floor plan. I would have expected much more. The place they get really expensive is on the inside

Stalker.

You're tough, my friend. I criticize his contract and his offensive game, but you go after his house? What's next? His face? How about his mom?

Stalker.

I hear that Pat Kaleta's uncle built the place.

You're tough, my friend. I criticize his contract and his offensive game, but you go after his house? What's next? His face? How about his mom?

The guy is taking up 5.3 mill of cap space. The least he can do is buy a house befitting that and pay his fair share of taxes! Freaking dual citizenship. He's probably smuggling all that money back to Canada.

And whats with that stupid gold chain?

Archived