I just saw the ghost of Larry Quinn in the Sabres store...

LabattBlue

I was driving around on my lunch hour and as I passed the Sabres store(windows facing Main St.), what do I see? Clothing racks still adorned on the sides with the slug! I thought for a second my lunch was going to come up! :sick:

On an unrelated note, here is a nice video of the locker room renovation. Only one question... assuming training camp is being held at the arena, how the heck are they going to get done in the next 6 weeks?

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=916&id=120684&navid=DL|BUF|home

I was driving around on my lunch hour and as I passed the Sabres store(windows facing Main St.), what do I see? Clothing racks still adorned on the sides with the slug! I though for a second my lunch was going to come up! :sick:

On an unrelated note, here is a nice video of the locker room renovation. Only one question... assuming training camp is being held at the arena, how the heck are they going to get done in the next 6 weeks?

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=916&id=120684&navid=DL|BUF|home

I saw the video. It's dated July 13th. They've probably made some progress in the last three weeks. However, I am not convinced they will be ready by September with all of the renovations and to move forward with hosting games come October. It seems like they had a ton of work to do, but who knows?

I saw the video. It's dated July 13th. They've probably made some progress in the last three weeks. However, I am not convinced they will be ready by September with all of the renovations and to move forward with hosting games come October. It seems like they had a ton of work to do, but who knows?

I realized that after the fact, but the finishing work which takes the longest, is still a long ways away(even after two more weeks of work since the video was taken).

I realized that after the fact, but the finishing work which takes the longest, is still a long ways away(even after two more weeks of work since the video was taken).

In this case, i think the structural pieces (which seemed to be mostly finished in the video, I'm assuming dry wall is up now) are what were going to take the longest. I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to finish the project by September, or at the very least make the facilities useable. I think the project will be done in it's entirety by opening day, but that they will be able to make use of the new areas during training camp, even if they aren't quite finished making everything pretty at that point in time.

I was driving around on my lunch hour and as I passed the Sabres store(windows facing Main St.), what do I see? Clothing racks still adorned on the sides with the slug! I though for a second my lunch was going to come up! :sick:

A good majority of people may not have liked the Slug, but they sure bought the stuff.

As someone who's been on alot of construction sites, i can tell you the structural stuff takes the most time. You have to remember you're not just throwing up beams and putting up the drywall. There's foundations, electrical, plumbing, all this stuff takes alot of time. When I was an electrician we were usually getting pushed more by the drywallers and painters than we were chasing the carpenters.

Terry Pegula will waive his hand and it will be done. I am serious, the man will somehow, by either grabbing a hammer himself or paying for people to work OT, get this done by the Sabres first homegame if not before. I am sure that everything is on schedule and who knows maybe it is not going to be done until the end of october or something.... If tpegs builds it they will come.

As someone who's been on alot of construction sites, i can tell you the structural stuff takes the most time. You have to remember you're not just throwing up beams and putting up the drywall. There's foundations, electrical, plumbing, all this stuff takes alot of time. When I was an electrician we were usually getting pushed more by the drywallers and painters than we were chasing the carpenters.

I will defer to you. It still seems like a small time period to get everything done.

I will defer to you. It still seems like a small time period to get everything done.

I agree.. Once your framing, plumbing and electrical is in, the rest will be done quickly.. Assuming your cold tubs, etc have all been ordered.. etc..

I could care a wit about the dressing room. Still think it was a waste of money.. I'd like to know they are making progress on the hum-dit-ity problem in HSBC..

No one talks about that. Seems like that should be a bigger issue...

This is true.

If the new logo was a Buffalo taking a poo on a Bruins logo, I would definately purchase a jersey.

If someone can design it, it will be my avatar through at least Dec. 31. I'm bored of clocks and dice, which is which I don't have one right now.

I agree.. Once your framing, plumbing and electrical is in, the rest will be done quickly.. Assuming your cold tubs, etc have all been ordered.. etc..

I could care a wit about the dressing room. Still think it was a waste of money.. I'd like to know they are making progress on the hum-dit-ity problem in HSBC..

No one talks about that. Seems like that should be a bigger issue...

They were putting in a new HVAC system or something like. CHZ posted something about it before.

Anyone else get goose bumps when he was talking about how the players will walk down a hall which is littered with Sabre greats and hall of famers... then when coming into the locker room they see an illuminated Sabres logo and lettering...

I hope they offer locker room tours because I'd like to see the final results.

Archived