I just saw the ghost of Larry Quinn in the Sabres store...

LabattBlue

Actually, yes. And specs on how the new system will affect the ice surface.

post-1934-015191100 1312396754_thumb.jpg

it will make the surface of the ice colder, therefore harder, therefore more resistant to damage during game play and a smoother surface for passing, skating, shooting and (for the goalie in you) anticipating what the puck will do as it is coming at you.

it will make the surface of the ice colder, therefore harder, therefore more resistant to damage during game play and a smoother surface for passing, skating, shooting and (for the goalie in you) anticipating what the puck will do as it is coming at you.

:doh: :doh:

well played...I guess...

I don't know what the reason(humidity, pipes under the floor, something else, etc...) is for the bad ice reputation at HSBC, but I can tell you one thing... It's not because it is too warm in there. The 300 level is always freakin' freezing!

I know what it'll do to the ice. I'm interested in measurable gains. If our ice is going to be better, I want to know how bad it used to be.

• 1 month later...

I was driving around on my lunch hour and as I passed the Sabres store(windows facing Main St.), what do I see? Clothing racks still adorned on the sides with the slug! I thought for a second my lunch was going to come up! :sick:

On an unrelated note, here is a nice video of the locker room renovation. Only one question... assuming training camp is being held at the arena, how the heck are they going to get done in the next 6 weeks?

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=916&id=120684&navid=DL|BUF|home

Either a coincidence or someone from the Sabres FO lurks here from time to time. The slugs mentioned above have been removed. :clapping:

Archived