The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

A lot of great beers on tap. Heard their own milk stout is really good but they had limited quantities and it may have kicked by now.

Yeah they still had their stout on tap- pretty good! Also really enjoyed the bourbon barrel blueberry stout from dark horse brewing, as well as the victory at sea peanut butter porter from ballast point. Those two were my favorites from my flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Conversation I just had with the woman who runs the mini mart by my house:

Her: I'm worried about you.

Me: Um, why?

Her: you're always buying beer in the morning.

Me: well, if it makes you feel bettter I'm going back to day shift September 1.

Her: wait, you work nights?

Me: have since June first. Will do so again, but not in September.

Her: here, have the pints you paid for.

Christ. The sheer number of winos, some of whom are interdicted by Virginia law and it's a crime to sell alcohol to them, wandering the streets. The But I'm the problem....

Great Lakes Oktoberfest in my belly.

Had a can of Genny Oktoberfest a couple weeks ago.

It's not my favorite O-fest by any means, but I absolutely HAVE to start the Marzen season with a Sam Adams Octoberfest.  Had it 2 weeks ago in a local place with lunch. 

It's not my favorite O-fest by any means, but I absolutely HAVE to start the Marzen season with a Sam Adams Octoberfest. Had it 2 weeks ago in a local place with lunch.

Sam's Octoberfest does hold a special place in my heart. I have had some memorable late August weekends thanks to those 12 packs.

Honestly, I can't think of a bad Oktoberfest experience... Has anyone ever had an Oktoberfest beer that was flat out bad?

Absolutely.

Shiner Oktoberfest

Victory Festbier

There are probably others I can come up with but I generally don't drink many of them.  I particularly remember those two as being bad.

Noted. I was running through the Oktoberfest beers I've had over the past few years (Sam Adams, Rohrbach, Great Lakes, Pearl St.) and couldn't think of a time where I had a bad one. Not that I've had numerous renditions of the stuff though...

Edit: Actually, I think I have had Saranac's before. Nothing they make ever stands out.

Edited by TheDominator

Noted. I was running through the Oktoberfest beers I've had over the past few years (Sam Adams, Rohrbach, Great Lakes, Pearl St.) and couldn't think of a time where I had a bad one. Not that I've had numerous renditions of the stuff though...

Edit: Actually, I think I have had Saranac's before. Nothing they make ever stands out.

Saranac more or less brews the same beer and then adds flavor to it to make the varieties.

Who has two thumbs and will be in Germany during Oktoberfest to drink the real deal?

This guy.

Business trip again.  Possibly as soon as next week.  For shame.  Germany in September. 

I guess that 6 figure mistake has a silver lining.....

Who has two thumbs and will be in Germany during Oktoberfest to drink the real deal?

This guy.

Business trip again.  Possibly as soon as next week.  For shame.  Germany in September. 

I hate you. Make sure you tell us all about what we're missing. 

I hate you. Make sure you tell us all about what we're missing. 

It'll only be for a day or two.  Long enough to make sure that the mistake is fixed properly and our customer is up and running again.  Celebration once its over will be in a beer tent.

This guy.

Business trip again. Possibly as soon as next week. For shame. Germany in September.

Just think what a 9 figure mistake would get you ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.