The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

OK, first review of Live is in. Poured into a McGregor's style mug. Hazy golden-orange in color. End of pour had yeast dregs in it. Looking at the glass from above the beer had an oily look to it. And carbonation is mild. Tangerine and blood orange with a little sweet grain on the nose. Initial hit on the palate is sweet and very full bodied. The hops kick in quickly with an assault of citrus flavors. Pineapple and tangerine. a good strong, but mellow bitterness dominates the finish. I don't know what hops they are using but the bitterness is not at all harsh ala their IPA. It is more of a rounded, softer bitterness. The finish is long and dry. What I am trying to understand is how they manage a sweet profile on the tongue and get a dry finish. Very well done American pale ale. This is an easy one to keep pouring. I wish I had a 2nd bottle.

OK, first review of Live is in. Poured into a McGregor's style mug. Hazy golden-orange in color. End of pour had yeast dregs in it. Looking at the glass from above the beer had an oily look to it. And carbonation is mild. Tangerine and blood orange with a little sweet grain on the nose. Initial hit on the palate is sweet and very full bodied. The hops kick in quickly with an assault of citrus flavors. Pineapple and tangerine. a good strong, but mellow bitterness dominates the finish. I don't know what hops they are using but the bitterness is not at all harsh ala their IPA. It is more of a rounded, softer bitterness. The finish is long and dry. What I am trying to understand is how they manage a sweet profile on the tongue and get a dry finish. Very well done American pale ale. This is an easy one to keep pouring. I wish I had a 2nd bottle.

Wow.

Edited by plenzmd1

I was fortunate enough to grab a six because I've never met a craft brew I couldn't drink six of ;) I really like the dry finish that you noted. It gets my seal of approval.

Wow.

He really is a poet. I might be the only person here that abhors hoppy beers. I really don't like IPAs, but I will read those reviews like they are my first sip of water after a week in the desert.

Today and tomorrow I'll be consuming my homebrewed "Holly Springs IPA". Marris Otter, Victory and Crystal 10 for the malt. Generously hopped with Citra & Chinook hops including 4 oz of Chinook dry hop, and fermented with 1056 american ale yeast. It comes in at 7.1% abv and a ###### ton of IBU's. I still have a few gallons of my stout from St. Patricks day on tap as well, it was a crowd pleaser.

He really is a poet. I might be the only person here that abhors hoppy beers. I really don't like IPAs, but I will read those reviews like they are my first sip of water after a week in the desert.

:blush:

Today and tomorrow I'll be consuming my homebrewed "Holly Springs IPA". Marris Otter, Victory and Crystal 10 for the malt. Generously hopped with Citra & Chinook hops including 4 oz of Chinook dry hop, and fermented with 1056 american ale yeast. It comes in at 7.1% abv and a ###### ton of IBU's. I still have a few gallons of my stout from St. Patricks day on tap as well, it was a crowd pleaser.

Wow. that sounds like a doozy.

I agree, you are a poet. Excited to try Live.

As for me, it's a little bit of a blur and my palate went to the birds with mass consumption. Started off with Hoptical Illusion, then changed up to Cigar City Patio Tools Dry Stout. Finished with Sweetwater 420. Then, thought it would be a good idea to get 5 for home - Blue Point Toxic Sludge Black IPA, Red Brick Hoplanta, Acme California, Great Divide Titan, and a Sculpin.

In a haze had a Sam Adams Belgian Session and Porch Rocker that the wife bought for Easter.

Again, hazy on the reviews but I Patio Tools is too light for the cigar finish. If it was bolder, I'd be a fan. Toxic Sludge was bitter and confusing. I loved Acme, first time I had it. I need to start writing things down.

I stumbled on this little gem The Fairport Brewing Co and I have not been disappointed. Tried their Glacier IPA last week and grabbed a growler of their Peter J IPA and Apollo 8 Ale. I love supporting local and this is right up my alley.

Fairport, NY has a brewpub? I'll have to keep that in mind next time I find my way out there.

Just finished waxing my 2012 Kia Rio and did so sipping on a Tree Brewing "Thirsty Beaver" amber ale.

Ahhhhhhh

Hmmm...I've fed hungry beavers before but never thirsty ones. You'd think being wet all the time they'd be satisfied.

Edited by inkman

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. that sounds like a doozy.

I still have about a half a keg of this IPA left, and I have to say it's one of my favorites that I've ever brewed. The hop aroma and flavor is just fantastic, I'm a big fan of the Citra/Chinook combo. I'd like to attribute the greatness of this beer to the new hop bag gadget that I built for brewing this batch, but I probably just got lucky.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.